Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:33:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Reaper Miniatures, Inc. In Focus Review/Interview  (Read 2381 times)

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
Reaper Miniatures, Inc. In Focus Review/Interview
« on: August 18, 2010, 06:21:20 PM »
This is really a broad article, and didn't know where would be best to post this, since it really covers so many genres. It also covers their paints and brushes, so I figured it might be best if I just posted it here. There's a really extensive interview at the end too, covering Reaper's past, present and future in great detail. This is probably the largest article I posted yet covering a single company too. Good stuff...

http://wargameguru.weebly.com/in-focus-reviewinterview---reaper-miniatures-inc.html

Enjoy!

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Reaper Miniatures, Inc. In Focus Review/Interview
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 05:17:51 AM »
Nice job!  I love Reapers stuff.
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 05:28:10 AM »
Very informative and enjoyable read!

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 03:36:53 PM »
Thanks glad you enjoyed it!

It was by far the largest company profile-like article I have done yet at WarGameGuru, and it took a lot of work to put it together. I could have done three regular size In Focus Articles on other companies with the time it took for that one. :o

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 03:42:32 PM »
Good review and I too like a lot of their minis, I think the size of their range does mean you miss figures on their website, which is rather more because they sell single figures as opposed to mainly defined themed figures.....I always miss figures anyway ;D

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 03:58:05 PM »
Good review and I too like a lot of their minis, I think the size of their range does mean you miss figures on their website, which is rather more because they sell single figures as opposed to mainly defined themed figures.....I always miss figures anyway ;D

I really love their Casketworks catalogs too,it always fun reading through those, and they don't even cover but a small fraction of what's really available.

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 08:15:31 PM »
The Casket Works catalogs cover whatever is available to distributors at the time of publication.  They NIC low-selling figures every so often, and unless the mold was wrecked in casting or there's a licensing issue, you can get everything they've made on their site.
You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 09:10:21 PM »
I've always liked Reaper, but the Chronoscope line made me a huge fan. I love their triad paints, and the free shipping option that they have now is amazing!

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 03:25:54 AM »
I've always liked Reaper, but the Chronoscope line made me a huge fan. I love their triad paints, and the free shipping option that they have now is amazing!

Yeah that spend $25 and get free shipping bonus is a pretty smooth deal. I'm a huge fan of the Master Series paints too, good stuff.  Chronoscope is probably the best line they've produced since they've been in biz too. With the stable or sculptors they have, the possibilities are endless now to what they can and will put out.