Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:47:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691078
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: * TimHerr1847's build  (Read 3689 times)

Offline TimHerr

• Schoolboy
* TimHerr1847's build
« on: August 26, 2010, 10:58:23 PM »
Howdy all.  Long time reader, first time poster.  This challenge was just what I needed to get off my butt creatively.

I'm looking at building a watchtower that could be modern, near future or sci-fi.  The basic materials are as such:

Probably add other materials as I run across them.

Tim
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 12:44:46 PM by Hammers »

Offline TimHerr

• Schoolboy
Re: TimHerr1847's build
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 09:52:14 PM »
Ok, been a little sluggish on this, but making some effort now.

The base and tower:

The base, front:

The base, rear:

Base and tower, joined as one, sorta:

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
  • Focus of Mission plus Logistics will carry the day
    • Armored Ink
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 03:41:47 PM »
Any greenery or shrubbery for ground cover?
http://armoredink.blogspot.com/

Painting Pledge for 2014 Cthulhu Wars and all expansions figures to paint! Arrrgh!

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 03:57:08 PM »
whenever I look at this thread I keep wanting a chocolate muffin...

Offline TimHerr

• Schoolboy
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 06:44:09 PM »
Holy cow, that is a big patty!!  lol

I'll admit I didn't see that until now, but I was focused on what it was supposed to be. 

Still working.

Thanks for the thoughts, fellas.

Tim

Offline TimHerr

• Schoolboy
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 10:20:46 PM »
Border Outpost #73

When High Command decided to place another frontier lookout post in the Bizen Desert, Corporal Fox knew something would go horribly wrong.  Placed in charge of a squad of troopers and engineers to oversee the siting and construction, Fox spent 23 days to find an "adequate" location to create a posting.  Upon locating a suitable mesarock, Fox quickly discovered that the engineers had their own ideas of how to construct it.

Unfortunately for Corporal Fox, he took his responsibility in building the location quite seriously.  This led to severe friction with the engineers.  Ultimately the fact that the engineers controlled the materials and tools dictated the design of the outpost.  Adding to the complications, the remote location caused a bit of difficulty.  Isolated, the engineers and troopers frequently took to drink, both on and off duty.

Rather than the small, covert structure, flowing smoothly into the structure of the mesarock that Fox recommended, the engineers created a tall, pole-mounted observation "box".  As a concession to Fox's concerns, the engineers subsequently painted the pole and box a blue that they claimed would blend into the skyline.  Utilizing the remainder of their supplies, the engineers were "gracious" enough to construct a platform that the lookouts could use for sleeping and storage.

Upon completion of the post, Corporal Fox complained vociferously about the incompetence shown by the engineers and their cost-cutting measures, along with their general drunkenness.  For his trouble, Fox was awarded the first tour of duty at new outpost 73.

Though dismayed by his posting, Fox has done his best to make it livable, adding some old razor wire scavenged from the main base's junk pile, as well as adding in posters of some of his vid stars to the post.  Unfortunately, Fox isn't notoriously fastidious, using the crack in the mesa as his trash dump, rather than disposing of the old food containers and packaging in a more militarily sanitized fashion.

A growing concern is the fact that Fox seems to be spending more and more time talking to his posters, and less and less time observing the border.  When questioned about his duties, Fox most frequently shrugs noting, "We've got satellites from here to Procyon.  This is a punishment detail.  Now butter off."