Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:07:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686612
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 757
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Freebooter's Fate Crews...  (Read 3774 times)

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
Freebooter's Fate Crews...
« on: August 29, 2010, 11:38:59 PM »
I was messing around earlier with new models for a review I'll be posting later in the week, and I just finished them up, so I decided to take some new group photos of my Crews for Freebooter's Fate to post here.

My Pirate crew is weak, because I never finished up some details on the Capt, and I'm uninspired by the deck-hands. I really need to pick up the new deck-hands set, they're soooo much nicer.

My Goblins are pretty strong tho, as I only need a couple more models to have them all. I think they look the nicest too.

While the Imperial Armada isn't my first choice, they're starting to come together nicely too. I never did finish up some little details like the cannon balls under Captain Morgan's foot there, and some other little bits on the Arquebrusiers, but I'm starting to like them more. And doesn't Garcia look a lot like Captain Morgan in that pose? I can't help but call him Capt Morgan all the time because of that, all he's missing is a fancy hat. lol

Anyone else got any pics of their Freebooter's Fate models? I'm really surprised that I haven't been able to find more painted up pictures of them around the net. From what I understand the game has been doing quite well, so I'd think people would have some painted up and playable by now, with pictures on various forums and what not, but I'm finding next to nothing every time I do look for some.

Are these models on everyone's back burners, or are people playing it too much to take the time to post some pictures of their models?

Offline Brakan

• Schoolboy
    • TISCHKRIEG
Re: Freebooter's Fate Crews...
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 11:02:55 AM »
Very nice!
I like your Curly Ann and the Goblin Crew most.

We have started playing Freebooter's Fate about three weeks ago, but I have not yet completed my first crew. but here is what I started with.
I am not a big fan of the blue/white colors so I decided for another approach ... and because I do like the spanish theme of the Armada, I wanted them to be dark haired rather than blonde.

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
Re: Freebooter's Fate Crews...
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 12:46:28 PM »
Very nice!
I like your Curly Ann and the Goblin Crew most.

We have started playing Freebooter's Fate about three weeks ago, but I have not yet completed my first crew. but here is what I started with.
I am not a big fan of the blue/white colors so I decided for another approach ... and because I do like the spanish theme of the Armada, I wanted them to be dark haired rather than blonde.

Very nice indeed! I stuck with blue and white/gray only because I wanted to get them done quick, and they're not my favorite crew of all the ones offered, so I stuck with the default combo for them. I do like what you've done tho. I didn't take the time to think up an alternate scheme, and you've come up with a nice one.

Thanks for the comments too.  Curly Ann is actually the one single model out of all the models that I think came out the best too. I also like the Goblins the most, so that's probably why they look the 2nd nicest. lol

The game really is wicked fun, I'm glad to see more people enjoying it. I have a bunch of new models to paint up and review, so stay tuned for more on Freebooter's Fate, and once done I'll post some bonus images of them here too.