Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:00:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691100
  • Total Topics: 118372
  • Online Today: 880
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Brotherhood of Assassins for Freebooter's Fate Review  (Read 3203 times)

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
Brotherhood of Assassins for Freebooter's Fate Review
« on: July 26, 2010, 07:00:14 PM »
I just posted an in-depth review of the Brotherhood of Assassins Crew for Freebooter's Fate...

http://wargameguru.weebly.com/in-focus-review---brotherhood-of-assassins.html

Enjoy

Offline syr8766

• Librarian
Re: Brotherhood of Assassins for Freebooter's Fate Review
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 07:36:07 PM »
Ooooh, pretty. Nice paint jobs!

Offline midismirnoff

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 12:05:36 AM »
I played Freebooter's Fate last night and had a lot of fun. The combat system is something really new to me, and I learned the bodyparts in german... watch out: Beine, linker Arm, Kopf and so on. I loved it.
Instagram profile: the_mediocre_wargamer

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 11:54:53 AM »
Nice review.

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 02:06:17 AM »
I played Freebooter's Fate last night and had a lot of fun. The combat system is something really new to me, and I learned the bodyparts in german... watch out: Beine, linker Arm, Kopf and so on. I loved it.

Yeah it's A LOT of fun. I truly think it's the best new game of the year so far. I'm really starting to enjoy the Brotherhood now, but I feel like I'm neglecting my Goblins Crew in the process. It's a tough call between the two. I play armies not only for their capabilities in a game, but based on how much I like the models as well. And those two are visually my favorite at the moment.

The only thing missing is undead skeleton pirates, and that's probably the only crew they could come up with to pry me from the Brotherhood and Goblins at present. It's too bad that the Ron & Bones models are so much larger than Freebooter's Fate, or I'd convert up some of their undead skeleton pirates for Freebooter's Fate. For those who didn't read the review, here are some images of my Brotherhood. Keep in mind, these were done with fairly quick paint jobs, and finished with Army Painter Quick Shade Strong Tone. I'm pleased with the end result. Sure they could be better, but I wasn't aiming for competition quality. 

Offline morkin

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 07:34:24 AM »
Nice colour scheme. I might nick that for my Imperials, when I get round to painting them. Maybe some time next year.  :)

By the way, if you are playing Freebooter's Fate regularly and/or are looking for new/more opponents, please post in the new opponent finder section of our forum. I apologise for having split the US and the UK into just a few areas, but that's just temporary until we have a better idea of where you actually are.

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 01:58:18 PM »
Nice colour scheme. I might nick that for my Imperials, when I get round to painting them. Maybe some time next year.  :)

By the way, if you are playing Freebooter's Fate regularly and/or are looking for new/more opponents, please post in the new opponent finder section of our forum. I apologise for having split the US and the UK into just a few areas, but that's just temporary until we have a better idea of where you actually are.

I'll check out the forums later. Honestly, I never bothered much with them, since there was very little English being spoken there. Some where it was being spoken started in English and halfway thro ended up in German too. lol

Offline morkin

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 02:21:01 PM »
Yes, that is a problem. I try my best to keep it bilingual where relevant but the naturally increasing amount of German seems to be scaring English contributors away. I can't translate everything, I'm afraid, it's got way too much for that.

Feel free to post in English, that's perfectly okay. If a thread degenerates into a single language, that usually means that it is only relevant for that language area. We'll try to keep it bilingual for as long as we can.

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 02:33:27 PM »
Yes, that is a problem. I try my best to keep it bilingual where relevant but the naturally increasing amount of German seems to be scaring English contributors away. I can't translate everything, I'm afraid, it's got way too much for that.

Feel free to post in English, that's perfectly okay. If a thread degenerates into a single language, that usually means that it is only relevant for that language area. We'll try to keep it bilingual for as long as we can.

I did however find the Spitfire thread you sent me useful. That guy did an amazing job on her. I think she might very well be the hottest girl model Werner has come up with for the game yet.