Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:06:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690929
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 698
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Some Simple Conversions-WIP  (Read 3712 times)

Offline Hrothgar

• Scientist
  • "We grow old because we stop playing" - GBS
    • Cheshirekat's Hobby Corner
Some Simple Conversions-WIP
« on: September 22, 2010, 02:18:49 PM »
I am am working on some conversions of plastic figures and thought I would share here. Would greatly value constructive feedback!  :D

First up...a pair of EM-4 plastic marines. I am planning to do two squads of five or six each, maybe for use with FUBAR or AE Bounty.

First up is the Sarge:

He is the sgt. that comes with the EM-4 Space Rangers set, but with a new head, gun, power pack, and repositioned arm. I also trimmed the groin armor a bit. Needless to say, he isn't finished yet.

Not nearly as far along is a sqaddie created from the Space Rangers basic trooper. Apart from the power pack, everything on this figure is original, but it has been heavily pared, chopped, and reshaped. A word of warning-the helmeted heads are a bear to remove!

Last up is a 40K inquisitor that I intend to use with the FUBAR 40K supplement. I pieced him together from various WH Empire, 40K Imperial Guard, and Mongooose bits. I plan to give him a Guy Fawkes type mask shortly. I still feel he is missing something. Any ideas?

Thanks for looking!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 02:27:50 PM by Hrothgar »

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Re: Some Simple Conversions-WIP
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 02:31:38 PM »
I am am working on some conversions of plastic figures and thought I would share here. Would greatly value constructive feedback!  :D

First up...a pair of EM-4 plastic marines. I am planning to do two squads of five or six each, maybe for use with FUBAR or AE Bounty.

First up is the Sarge:

He is the sgt. that comes with the EM-4 Space Rangers set, but with a new head, gun, power pack, and repositioned arm. I also trimmed the groin armor a bit. Needless to say, he isn't finished yet.

Not nearly as far along is a sqaddie created from the Space Rangers basic trooper. Apart from the power pack, everything on this figure is original, but it has been heavily pared, chopped, and reshaped. A word of warning-the helmeted heads are a bear to remove!

Last up is a 40K inquisitor that I intend to use with the FUBAR 40K supplement. I pieced him together from various WH Empire, 40K Imperial Guard, and Mongooose bits. I plan to give him a Guy Fawkes type mask shortly. I still feel he is missing something. Any ideas?

Thanks for looking!

They look very usable to be honest, like what you've done, really heavy hard sci-fi edge to the sgt now. Might be what I'm looking for re: heavy weapons ops
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.