Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:31:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690905
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Deserted Cemetery  (Read 6669 times)

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
Re: The Deserted Cemetery
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 07:28:19 PM »
 Cool scenery and set-up.I have tried to get ahold of the Mageknight scenery pieces.They do look good.

Offline Ramirez Noname

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2010, 08:43:40 PM »
Hi,

Thanks again for the comments.

Yeap, those MK bits and pieces are really useful. I touched up the grey/white highlights on them to blend them in with my own painted items. The red "death" column has been mounted on an extra stone plinth, which I made out of a square of "Forex" mounting board. It makes it a more individual item.

Game reports and pics to follow much later, once I have painted the huge quanity of West Wind lead purchased at Colours, today.

RMZ

Offline jet

• Mad Scientist
    • Geektactica
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 02:19:00 PM »
Brilliant set-up, and if I may say so, I think your cemetery looks much spookier than mine does. If you enjoy table-top gaming and roleplaying equally, I think you are going to love Chaos in Carpathia. What Westwind models did you purchase exactly? I'm currently painting up a Hungarian Monster warband.

One more thing - where did you get those awesome coniferous tree trunks?

Offline Ramirez Noname

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 11:41:32 AM »
Hi Jet,

Thanks for your comments – if it hadn’t been for your postings (and blog) I wouldn’t have got into CiC at all.

Luckily my job takes me to a lot of churches around the west of the UK and I get to see quite a lot of graveyards, so I’m always photographing interesting bits and pieces (I’m not an undertaker, by the way).

The tree trunks are from “Snapdragon”, but I’m not sure whether they are still produced. I bought a large quantity of them some time ago and I am happy to sell them on as per the link here -

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=16456.msg196615#msg196615

At “Colours” I picked up some West Wind vampire acolytes, nuns, European vampire hunters, Transylvanian citizens with muskets and the failed experiments of Dr Frankenstein. They figures are full of character but I’ve got a bit of a painters block ATM. I have started the nuns, but I checked out your Wild West blog over the weekend, which focused me a bit. I painted up my Old West Zombies and following on from Mousy Brown’s posting about “Spite” I also painted up some Old West ghosts. And just for good measure I even painted an undertaker. This helped and I may go back to the CiC minis next weekend.

I was interested in how you had used the CiCario rules for Old West and thought I might give it a try. As for the rules for ghosts, I have been following the postings over on the Old West board and had some thoughts of my own as well, which I may well post. I even dug out my old “Ravenloft” stuff from my D&D days for some background blurb.

Keep posting

RMZ

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 02:02:27 AM »
I agree with the previous posts - very atmospheric terrain, nicely photographed. 

I like that GW cemetery.  For a brief time they were doing a piece to go with every army update - wish they had kept it up.

Online joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 08:54:07 AM »
I bought Westwind's Caribbean Zombies as being more to the Wild West Era, too.
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'