Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:00:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm Near Future USMC  (Read 3360 times)

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
15mm Near Future USMC
« on: September 09, 2010, 08:03:02 PM »
Well folks I slid down in scale over the weekend after seeing the previews for some 15mm stuff soon to be released by Khursan miniatures mainly the federal army troops and the M58 tank that will soon be out. These will be part of 2 force on force groups starting with these near future USMC and some of the Khursan Federal army as stand in proxies for a near future Russian imperial army for use in ambush alley games soon to be released tommorows war.
I must admit this first batch of about 30 that I've done in this scale have been alot of fun and I look forward to doing quite a few more.
These first few are all conversions in some way or another.Hope you enjoy :) pardon the bad photos even on Macro my camera is what it is(operator error cough cough.... lol).
This first image is of a converted Rebel Miniatures dropship and is used as the USMC new answer for the HUEY it is a VSTOL the crews call the toad

The next are a couple of in progress shots of the USMC conversions and their infantry support weapons platform the ALSWWS or ASP's GZG Peter Pig and putty the ALSWWS are CAV models converted with plastic bits and bobs

and finally so in action photos

House to house

Contact front!

These are it for now
D

Offline Luckyjoe

• Scientist
Re: 15mm Near Future USMC
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 09:11:37 PM »
Very nice. I like that toad a lot. There's also some good looking terrain in those action shots.

Luckyjoe

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 11:37:31 PM »
Thanks luckyjoe,
That picture of the toad is outdated I painted it awhile ago just have'nt got around to taking pictures fo it may be when the whole force is done :D, the terrain is model RR mats and some lexmark hills from christmas easily obtainable at Micheals the buildings are all JR miniatures and they have been painted further also.
D

Offline Luckyjoe

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 03:16:49 PM »
Cool. Thanks. I'm looking forward to more pics.

Luckyjoe

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 03:51:25 PM »
Very nice stuff, very nice painting on 15mm's!

Keep it up
Steve

Offline bigmanfran

• Librarian
    • The Angry Lurker
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 03:53:20 PM »
Lovely stuff. :)
Bitter,twisted and resentful.

http://theangrylurker.blogspot.com/

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 07:46:46 PM »
Cheers to all glad you like em :) I will post up every so often as things finish up or as I need a break from my 28mm stuff
sorry again for the poor pictures I know they were a little blurry. This force should finish off soon or as soon as the heavy armor from Khurasan is released that will go a long way to finishing these off. Now all I need to do is find them a proper Marine AAV(near future) and that will seal the deal for these.
 This force will consist of
CAS
1 harrier, 2 sea apaches
1 CAT team in Humvees and the tracked pick up from Khurasan
1 Platoon of heavy armor (tracked) M5a1 Khurasan
1 platoon of AAV's
1 co. Marines
1 ALSWWS team Attached
1 light lift co. toads
and various bots and drones GZG
D

Online AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 10:20:41 AM »
interesting collection of figures/vehicles - thanks for sharing

:)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 10:23:26 AM »
Welcome to the slippery slope, you'll find me somewhere down the bottom under a pile of 15mm minis!

;)

Nice.
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 04:54:14 PM »
Thanks guys its kind of nice falling down this slope is'nt it ,very cost effective. However I have taken an oath not to buy any more 15mm stuff until this force is done LOL thats what we all say.
I have intentionally gone for a mixed bag of present and future tech to mix in with my back story surrounding these Marines.
The world of the near future is very different most nations being realigned into a mega corporation, however the USA stubbornly holds out over their national independence.
They have been at war in some state for over the last 60yrs depleting current war stocks and sucking away the oft sought after procuremment dollar so not alot of advances in major USMC systems just alot of upgrades to current tech the largest advance was in PPE for the individual as seen on some they wear the new anti ballistic/shock uniform with attached M3 landmate helmet( which under combat situations has proven cumbersome and faulty) thus many Marines have switched back to the tried and true Kevlar. Many carry M4's because the new combat rifle is slaved to the helmet and the pair are frought with problems.
Drones and slaved systems are more common which requires only 1 system to be manned to cut down on combat casualties.
The atrition of being in constent combat has also caused the Corp. to improvise adapt overcome and dive into the mothballed fleets of ground vehicles to use in the current crisis thus Humvees , M1A2's have been pressed back into service.Well thats al I got so far dont know who they are fighting yet.
D

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 05:20:28 PM »
Good back-story. Sounds like the making of some excellent games.
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!