Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:11:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690500
  • Total Topics: 118334
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dictators & Liberators free ruleset  (Read 4113 times)

Offline Korwin Miniatures

• Bookworm
Dictators & Liberators free ruleset
« on: September 13, 2010, 06:50:58 PM »
I am looking for playtesters of my wargame: Dictators & Liberators.
Any army can meet any army.

1.Dictators & Liberators. The rulebook. (40 KB)
2.1650 Poland (20 KB)
3.1650 Ukraine (20 KB)
4.1940 Germany (25 KB)
5.2010 Outlaws (21 KB)
6.2010 UK Law enforcement (26 KB)
7.Fantasy Elves (30 KB)
8.Fantasy Orcs (38 KB)
9.Fantasy Undead (28 KB)

Game is in preparation. If you want to play test any of this armies or send your comments, please, contact me by PM or at: office@korwinminiatures.com

• Bookworm
Re: Dictators & Liberators free ruleset
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 06:56:30 PM »
To introduce you to the game:

The world of Dictators and Liberators

The Realities
There is no one reality but countless number of alternative realities. Any world you can imagine is possible in one or more realities. Fantasy, science fiction, historical.
The Gates
With advance physic or magic it is possible to open gate between realities. Sometimes gates are opening spontaneously. Gates can be very small, even microscopic, but also bigger then planet. While most of gates are open only few days, some gates can be open even months. Interesting is that gates open only between places of similar chemical content. Thanks to that there is good chance that conditions on both sides of the gate are similar. 
The Spiritual World
Common for all worlds is spiritual world. There exist souls. Souls are gathering into independent existences called gods. There is six gods. All are known by many names but can be recognized by their characteristics. Each of these gods want to gather as many worshipping souls as possible because the number of souls indicates the strength of the god.
The Gods

Mother was the first god created by people in time when giving birth to new life was seen as the biggest miracle of all. She is loving God who wants people to be free and live in peace. Their followers lives in small communities, usually of matriarchal structure, always close to surrounding nature. 

Second appeared Father. That was when people realized connection between sex and birth and man found their divined power of creation of life. Father is very ambitious god. His target is to be the only god in the spiritual world, worshipped by all souls in the Universe. He wants to build a patriarchal society with a strong hierarchical structure. He wants to build civilisation based on fear and order.

Older Son is a god of peace and simplicity.

Older Daughter is a god of peaceful civilisation.

Younger Son is a god of war.

Younger Daughter is a very chaotic god. She is feeding on extreme emotions such as passions, ecstasy, hatred and fear. She wants everybody to indulge himself to extreme. Her cults are usually small because every member wants to satisfy only his own needs. In many worlds her cults are banned for their murderous and orgiastic tendencies. Even so her cult is spreading from one reality to another thanks to her cultists. Their found orgiastic rituals which are opening gates.

Planet Udar 3
One place become gods battleground. Planet Udar 3 was world were people lived in stone age cultures. They mainly worshipped Mother. But other gods become jealous. Specially Father, he tried to spread his cult but without success. Then he brought fleet of his followers through the gate on the sea. They landed near local settlements and started to force people to new religion. Also Father's main opponent: Younger Son brought his armies through gates to spread a war.
Soon all gods get involved and planet turn into gods battleground.

Comments welcome  :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 01:22:59 PM by Korwin Miniatures »

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 01:31:26 PM »
Hmm... No comments so far  :(
I will post rules bit by bit. I hope you will find them inspiring.

1. Preparations

Army list

Choose the size of armies.
Players must agree on the size of the game. Recommended size of game is 300 points.

If one player has a much larger miniature collection than their opponents then they may play optional rules: The Last Defence. One player, the defender, has an army of a half of the points of the other player who plays the attacking army.
Recommended sizes are 150 points against 300 or 300 against 600 for a bigger battle.

Prepare the army lists.

Choose your army according to the number of points agreed from the army book.

Alliances. You can choose units from other armies. You can only choose units which belong to the one Army book only and to the same god and race like your main army.

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 01:33:22 PM »
Preparations for the battle.

Prepare models, battlefield (table or floor), dice (D10, game is designed for dices 0-9, if your dices are 1-10 treat 10 as 0), army lists and rules.
Battlefield is divided into 6 areas. The player’s deployment area is 1/3 of the battlefield length from the player’s edge of the table. Each 1/6th of the battlefield equals 5 souls at the end of the game if occupied without opponents units. 

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 05:32:35 PM »
Comments welcome  :)

Just a suggestion:

You've posted a bit of fluff as background to the universe of your game, then you've started posting bits of rules, but what you haven't posted is - what is the point of the game -  which is perhaps why you haven't got any comments (until now).

It sounds like you've got a lot of ideas for this set, and even a backfill to go with it (although the background fluff reads a little like a set of instructions you'd get with a DVD player...  ;) ).

If you want to get people to invest some time in playtesting the game, and to provide constructive feedback, you need to sell them a concept, ie:

What is the game about?
What is the objective of the game?
How long should a game last roughly?
What is the dynamic/mechanism that the rules are centred around?

Answer these questions succintly, and you may get the support you are after - Best of Luck!

:)

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 05:45:37 PM »
I was also wondering about the "game size".
300 points doesn't tell me much.

How many minis about for 300 points?
Skirmish or Mass Battle?

And the questions AKULA allready asked.

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 05:47:07 PM »
Shoot me a PM ill be happy to help.

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 08:24:08 PM »
Thanks for questions and suggestions, hopefully now I can present my game better.  :)

This is skirmish/ small army wargame. Objective is to have more souls (victory points) at the end of the game then the opponent. Only “intelligent” races have souls. Zombies, tanks, robots and so on do not count for victory but they cost buying points.
Game should take one to three hours.
My main ideas and differences from other games I know are:
-Include civilian models as important part of the army.
-Let players to play armies of different historical periods, fantasy and sci-fi against each other. 
Game is base on actions. Each model has two actions per turn. There is long list of actions to choose from. Action represent about 5 to 10 second of real time, turn 10 to 20 second and game 2 to 3 minutes of real action.
300 points can be used for 150 figures of civilians (2 points each) or 75 militiamen (4 points) or 50 orc archers (6 points) or 20 anti-terrorists (15 points).

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 10:43:21 AM »
sounds pretty funny,PM sent!  ;D

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 11:23:45 AM »
So it's across all genres and all historical eras?

LOL, I hope you are successful but it does sound like the Holy Grail of war gaming.

Good Luck.

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Geudens

• Mastermind
  • 39th generation heir of Charles Martel (no joke!)
    • http://www.rudi-geudens.be/
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 01:13:08 PM »
Thanks for questions and suggestions, hopefully now I can present my game better.  :)

This is skirmish/ small army wargame. Objective is to have more souls (victory points) at the end of the game then the opponent. Only “intelligent” races have souls. Zombies, tanks, robots and so on do not count for victory but they cost buying points.
Game should take one to three hours.
My main ideas and differences from other games I know are:
-Include civilian models as important part of the army.
-Let players to play armies of different historical periods, fantasy and sci-fi against each other. 
Game is base on actions. Each model has two actions per turn. There is long list of actions to choose from. Action represent about 5 to 10 second of real time, turn 10 to 20 second and game 2 to 3 minutes of real action.
300 points can be used for 150 figures of civilians (2 points each) or 75 militiamen (4 points) or 50 orc archers (6 points) or 20 anti-terrorists (15 points).

The idea behind this kinda looks a bit like the rulesset we're playtesting & finishing for the moment (though only humanoid unit cards are ready and no zombies involved):

http://www.tsoa.be/sf_rules/titelblad_sf_rules.html

Look at the infantry unit cards and you'll catch my drift.

Rudi
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 01:16:47 PM by Geudens »
do visit my websites & photobucket:
http://www.rudi-geudens.be/
http://www.tsoa.be/
http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm262/geudens_photos/

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 03:32:42 PM »
PM send yesterday ;)

• Bookworm
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 04:57:12 PM »
There is Army Builder book for free available now.
It let you make army list for any miniatures you have got (with a bit of imagination  ;) )
Please send PM if you want one or you have any questions.