Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:33:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: seeds of war pax arcadia shock troops advice  (Read 2933 times)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
seeds of war pax arcadia shock troops advice
« on: September 22, 2010, 07:10:18 PM »
Heya guys, I am looking at some infantry for my 6mm kaiju project, currently the pax arcadia shock troops look the best, but I can't seem to find pictures of them! I think the Light shock troops comes with 8 units, one leader and 4 soldiers ALL in the same pose, is this correct? Also the normal shock troopers look ok but in the pictures it looks like their weapons have some sort of oval shaped barrel, is this just a angle thing or do they really look like that?

To be honest I'm mainly looking at seeds of war because maelstrom stocks them, so if anybody has a similarly priced option please let me know!
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Haarken

• Librarian
    • Forgotten Futures
Re: seeds of war pax arcadia shock troops advice
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 09:31:00 PM »
Try: Dark Realm Miniatures for pictures of the Pax Arcadia Troops, there is a gallery on the site and the shop has descriptions of the various packs.

As to alternatives:
Steel Crown Productions do a nice range of sci-fi troops.
Brigade Models do a good range of sci-fi vehicles, and a generic range of troops.
Baccus do their Command Horizon range.
GHQ do WW2, Werhmacht 47 and Modern 6mm.

Of course it all depends on what you want and what your price range is. This is a great link for 6mm with many more links.

Hope that helps.

Haarken
Forgotten Futures: Pulp, Dieselpunk & Weird War Gallery.

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 01:00:44 AM »
browsed on your links, and i still find pax arcadia the best one.

of course, is even better to mix... but for starting i think that seed of war is the best choice!

Ps: please, post when you've done, i'm really curious to see them on a user pic!!

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 10:15:33 AM »
I'll expand on what I am looking for, I am working on some models for a Kaiju game, and I want a slightly futuristic army division that is specially equipped to take on giant monsters the

U.nited
N.ations
A.nti
M.onster
I.nitiative

I want them to look well equipped but not space marine level. (might have a unit of some of those eventually tough)

Thanks for the links Haarken,

to be honest I had noticed the gallery before, but for some reason missed the next button and thought it was one of those un updated galleries some companies keep.

Sangennaru, good to hear somebody came to the same conclusion as I did!

I looked trough the gallery and it seems I was correct on both counts,
to me the guns on the standard infantry look darn strange to me: http://www.darkrealmminiatures.co.uk/gallery/paxarcadia/imgpages/image092.php

The light infantry indeed come in two variants, a leader for each 4 normal models and the normal models themselves. However I might be better of ordering the AT squad, as it also includes those models but replaces two of the normal guys with a HMG and a missile launcher.

Regimental HQ might be a viable option as well to as some variety but they are the only unit not in the gallery so I am not sure how well they will fit in (then again this is 6mm, how much do you see anyway?)

I was looking at Exodus wars/steel crow for vehicles, as they have some tanks that look like they could do serious damage to even the bigger monsters, something that would fit the Kaiju theme as well. (you fight big monsters with big tanks)
The Khazari duo copters look quite nicely as well, especially when equipped with missile pods I can imagine them chasing down some monsters in the streets. (like that scene in US godzilla)

Exodus does seem to be a lot more expansive, but then again the miniatures are larger.

My price range, well, lets just sat I am very happy the monsters aspect of this project is covered by cheap toys and already owned models  lol

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 11:46:06 AM »
you can think about taking an Evangelion!

the boxed sets are around 1:300 i think... i mean, an eva is around 60-100 mts tall... :)

shoudl be funny!

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 12:48:15 PM »
I was, there are some evangelion fans in my gaming group so it should be a good way to hook them, I was unaware that there are boxed sets tough?

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 02:06:32 PM »

stuff like that.

after that you can repaint it and if you want also glue it to a certain pose. :)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 05:26:53 PM »
Well, ordered the HE support and command, they both include the before mentioned light infantry but also give me a lot different type of models so I can mix it up a bit more.

I considered ordering some of their APC's with it as I had some moneyback left at maelstrom but decided against it as I'm not sure of which system I am going to use and if it has rules for transport vehicles. (I can imagine the army rules being somewhat undetailed in a game mostly focused on giant monsters!)