Forum > Workbench

Furniture: fixed, mobile, magnetized or what?

(1/2) > >>

Braz:
For those who have furnishings in their builds, do you and if so how do you fix the furniture in your builds?
Are they glued in place so they can't be moved but can't get knocked about during play? Or are they left loose so they can be repositioned, reused in different builds, can be used to barricade a doors, use as shields, etc, but get knocked about during play and requires greater setup time?
Or is it a mix of the above, fixing big objects like bookcases and bars but allowing tables/chairs to be moved?
Does it matter whether they are resin, metal, plastic, or card? Do your players have a preference?

I don't play much superhero games where big objects can be used as weapons but tend to glue in place big furniture items and items along walls with some items movable like table/chairs. I've started to build some furnishings in modules that can be swapped out easily as whole units to quickly change the purpose of generic buildings/rooms.

Curious what others are doing.

Alfrik:
If I do not make it permanent, I mount like furniture together on very thin base stock, like kitchen table and 2 chairs, sofa and end table etc. Since I would nearly always use them together but might want the building empty, it gives me a workable option. Also, lose furniture that does not have a big base falls over if the game table is bumped... like that would never happen  :o

Antenociti:
blu-tak..maybe.... or, if you want to kep things out-of-sight "Tacky-Wax" - its a Dollshouse product that helps prevent small items slipping around but isnt a glue, so you can move and reposition when required.

Connectamabob:
Double-sided tape.

Bako:
Usually glued in place if there seems no reason for them ever to be moved or if the object is only intended to remain on that specific place and never used elsewhere. Otherwise loose, and the double-sided tape is a good idea for making things less likely to get batted around.

Loose scenery would obviously be useful for any situation requiring barricades. Modular scenery is nice for changing things up every so often and for making terrain more easily navigated by figures as realistically-scaled structures and furniture can leave little room for bases.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version