Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:30:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Heavy Gear PAK  (Read 4628 times)

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
Heavy Gear PAK
« on: October 09, 2010, 05:56:52 AM »
I finished these up about a month or two ago, but I never got around to taking decent pictures of them.

All said; it's about 3300 TV, so more points than I'd ever generally play. We usually play at 1000 or 1500.

I still haven't tried the light hover tanks in a game, but I figured that I had to have a couple of squads of them to round things out.

The whole army
(from left to right, more or less)
•2 HT-68s
•1 HT-72
•2 squads of 1 HT-71, and 2 HT-67s each
•Jump Infantry Company
•Support Gears (2 Badlands Pythons, 2 Black Mambas)
•2 HT-72s
•GREL Infantry Company w/ HPC-64s

« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 06:03:52 AM by therepoman »
post-collapse tabletop adventures: www.wreck-age.net

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
Re: Heavy Gear PAK
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 12:34:57 PM »
Looking very nice! I particularly like the  HT-71 and HT-72. It's rare for me to like hover tanks much, but they look very cool.

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 01:02:11 PM »
Wow very nice stuff man. I just got into Heavy Gear, so I never realized the heavy tanks are sooo much bigger than the Gears too.

Wicked cool army man, nice work.

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 03:27:34 PM »
Looking very nice! I particularly like the  HT-71 and HT-72. It's rare for me to like hover tanks much, but they look very cool.

That was one of the main appeals of the army for me. Additionally; the larger tanks (the 68s and the 72s) are resin, and the casts are very clean and easy to work with.

Wow very nice stuff man. I just got into Heavy Gear, so I never realized the heavy tanks are sooo much bigger than the Gears too.

Wicked cool army man, nice work.

Thanks! I think the Aller (sp?) is about the same size, and I know that the Mammoth walker is even bigger.

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 04:13:08 PM »
That was one of the main appeals of the army for me. Additionally; the larger tanks (the 68s and the 72s) are resin, and the casts are very clean and easy to work with.

Thanks! I think the Aller (sp?) is about the same size, and I know that the Mammoth walker is even bigger.

I've seen the Mammoth, I REALLY want one of those, it looks sick with the teeth painted on the side, as if it were military aircraft nose art.
I also heard good things about those resin models elsewhere too. I'll likely be taking a look at those soon in a future article if all goes as planned.

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 02:18:45 AM »
I've seen the Mammoth, I REALLY want one of those, it looks sick with the teeth painted on the side, as if it were military aircraft nose art.
I also heard good things about those resin models elsewhere too. I'll likely be taking a look at those soon in a future article if all goes as planned.

The Mammoth has a lot of potential for cool paint schemes... but I'm not looking to start another army for heavy gear, especially since I only play once every few months anyways.
;)

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 02:32:55 AM »
The Mammoth has a lot of potential for cool paint schemes... but I'm not looking to start another army for heavy gear, especially since I only play once every few months anyways.
;)

That's it too isn't it? How many models do some of us own, and how often do you REALLY play with them all? I've always been more of a modeler, than a player. It's worse now that the local gaming club packed it up, since most of the kids who played there for years now, and were core players graduated high school this past school year. Now I play more with a few friends, and my kids mostly. Also now the only stuff I've played over the past six months or so, are games I'm reviewing more than anything. Although I do like Freebooter's Fate and AE Bounty a lot, and I try and squeeze them in around the work schedule. I'm also still learning the ins and outs of Heavy Gear, but I got a notion it won't be an every weekend game, due to the fact that there's just not that many players in my region, unless I drive 30 miles or more, which I have little desire to do.

Offline therepoman

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 03:00:09 AM »

That's it too isn't it? How many models do some of us own, and how often do you REALLY play with them all? I've always been more of a modeler, than a player. It's worse now that the local gaming club packed it up, since most of the kids who played there for years now, and were core players graduated high school this past school year. Now I play more with a few friends, and my kids mostly. Also now the only stuff I've played over the past six months or so, are games I'm reviewing more than anything. Although I do like Freebooter's Fate and AE Bounty a lot, and I try and squeeze them in around the work schedule. I'm also still learning the ins and outs of Heavy Gear, but I got a notion it won't be an every weekend game, due to the fact that there's just not that many players in my region, unless I drive 30 miles or more, which I have little desire to do.

I just picked up AE Bounty, actually I believe it was on the basis of your review of it. It looks like a fun game, I'm hoping to get in a few games of it at my LGS.