Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:47:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1697709
  • Total Topics: 118854
  • Online Today: 620
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Spirit...  (Read 7763 times)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
Re: The Spirit...
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 05:17:16 PM »
Agreed! In real life, if she was asking if she could take a shower at my place... :o

Yeah, ok.  8)

Offline abelp01

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 03:02:25 PM »
This thread got me thinkin': Anyone make a figure that can be used for the Spirit? A non-Spririt figure? Ebony? Ellen and her Dad?

Offline P_Clapham

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 08:22:03 PM »
I'd say just about any man in a suit and fedora.  The mask could just painted on.  The early spirit looked like regular bloke, it's only the later comics that Eisner experiments with a more cartoonly look.

This thread got me thinkin': Anyone make a figure that can be used for the Spirit? A non-Spririt figure? Ebony? Ellen and her Dad?
"When in doubt, have a man come through a door with a gun in his hand.— Raymond Chandler

Offline abelp01

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 10:42:42 PM »
I'd say just about any man in a suit and fedora.  The mask could just painted on.  The early spirit looked like regular bloke, it's only the later comics that Eisner experiments with a more cartoonly look.

Yes, but who makes a similar figure? Does Copplestone have one in his "Gangsters" range anyone can recommend? Or elsewhere?

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 12:07:41 AM »
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com

Offline pierrebi

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 08:47:32 AM »

Offline abelp01

• Librarian
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 01:17:43 PM »
Hmmmm...but could I take off the cape? Is it a separate piece?

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 03:17:35 PM »
While The Spirit is indeed "a regular bloke", finding a good figure to represent him on the tabletop is a tougher proposition than it sounds. None of the figures from the Pulp Figures "Agents of Justice" pack really work for me. The Spirit never uses a gun, so you need an empty-handed 1940s business-suited male figure in an action pose.

I keep thinking that there ought to be something in the Heroclix range, but I'm not familiar enough with the various releases to say.
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 05:22:59 PM »
I keep thinking that there ought to be something in the Heroclix range, but I'm not familiar enough with the various releases to say.

Jack Cole, creator of Plastic Man, briefly did a Spirit knock-off called Midnight.  DC used to use Midnight when they needed a Spirit-proxy (before acquiring he rights to the lad himself).  If there is a Heroclix figure of Midnight, that should be perfect, though you may have to remove his monkey side-kick if that's been sculpted on.
Back from the dead, almost.

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 05:52:42 PM »
You know this is so easy of a base type of figure that you would think that somebody would make this... there are some very basic types that are really hard to find (see my Django thread in Old West  lol).
I am looking for the following Deadlands minis:  Shotgun Thug, Lost Soul, Cleaners, Railroad Workers & Feral Dead. If you have any of these minis, or if you are one, please send me a PM.

Offline wellender

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2010, 06:25:49 PM »
The closest you are going to get with a Heroclix at the moment is the Question I think.

From the Origins release.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 06:39:10 PM by wellender »

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2010, 06:33:13 PM »
I knocked up this version of the spirit a while ago;

It's a figure from the 'men in black' pack from Copplestone with a fedora added and the gun removed. I also sculpted a mask on, but you could just as easily paint it on.  :D
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2010, 06:34:05 PM »
Jack Cole, creator of Plastic Man, briefly did a Spirit knock-off called Midnight.  DC used to use Midnight when they needed a Spirit-proxy (before acquiring he rights to the lad himself).  If there is a Heroclix figure of Midnight, that should be perfect, though you may have to remove his monkey side-kick if that's been sculpted on.

Good call, Steve. I was thinking the same thing. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a Heroclix Midnight figure (the only thing that comes up is Dr. Midnight- The Golden Age guy with the owl).

The Heroclix Question is a good suggestion, although of course one would have to sculpt him a face... ::)

The Arkham Asylum Question is probably a better choice than the Origins Question, though (the Origins Question is wearing a vest).

« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 06:43:41 PM by Heldrak »

Offline wellender

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2010, 06:42:17 PM »
Good call, Steve. I was thinking the same thing. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a Heroclix Midnight figure (the only thing that comes up is Dr. Midnight- The Golden Age guy with the owl).

The Heroclix Question is a good suggestion, although of course one would have to sculpt him a face... ::)

You'd also have to get rid of the trenchcoat.  There is not a Heroclix of Midnight.  Maybe when DC 75th comes out, but I doubt it.

Ray Earle, that is an awesome conversion for the Spirit.  Nice work!

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2010, 09:04:43 PM »
I knocked up this version of the spirit a while ago;

It's a figure from the 'men in black' pack from Copplestone with a fedora added and the gun removed. I also sculpted a mask on, but you could just as easily paint it on.  :D
Very nice work! Dont know why you can't buy one (well, I know why you cant buy that one...)