Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:57:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690838
  • Total Topics: 118355
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: WW2 Greek display game Terge 13th November  (Read 4852 times)

Offline David

• Scientist
WW2 Greek display game Terge 13th November
« on: October 16, 2010, 01:24:56 PM »
Just to let you know that the display game will be at leeds show Fiasco Sun 31st October.
so if you are at the show, feel free to have a look and a chat or even join in game.
Using Triumph & Tragedy rules
Thanks
David
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 10:58:04 PM by David »

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Re: WW2 Greek display game leeds show Fiasco Sun 31st October
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 10:46:31 AM »
Wow, that sounds interesting. Looking forward to see the pictures.
Good luck and lots of fun for the game.
Björn
, ,

Offline David

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 11:28:15 PM »
Played the game sunday at club and the Greeks won.
I have a rule that small arms and up to HMG can't damage the Italian tanks.

The rif war
The first action of the first Spanish tank company (12 French Renault FT-17s) was against the Beni Said kabyle on 18 Mar 1922 (Tanks: Spanish). This was a joint operation between the tank company and Legion infantry. They were to drive the Beni Said from the towns of Tugunz and Ambar. Rain caused leaky roofs and mechanical problems due to wet ignitions. None the less the attack started at 0600 hours. Advancing at 4mph the tanks soon out-distanced the legionaries. Facing tanks was a new experience for the Beni but they learnt quickly. When rifle fire didn't stop the FT-17s the tribesmen climbed on the tanks and stabbed and shot through the vision slits. With no supporting infantry the tanks could do little about this. With on-going ignition failures, gun failures, and lacking infantry support, the tanks called it a day and withdrew. The Spanish left two FT-17s on the field.

The greeks have loads of other weapons, artillery etc to destroy the tanks with.

Was looking for the smoke rule in the book and the new artillery rules ?

Light Mortars are small-calibre, indirect-fire weapons. They use the small “Hand Grenade”
template and have a maximum range of 48”, and a minimum range of 12”. They may fire over
intervening terrain if they have an observer figure which can see the target and is within 12”
of the mortar, or within unit coherency if the unit leader.

What is a small mortar? 45mm Brixia italian mortar?
Greeks tend to fire them direct and two crew, so i used the Deviation D3

David

« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 11:38:39 PM by David »

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 12:18:01 AM »
Played the game sunday at club and the Greeks won.
I have a rule that small arms and up to HMG can't damage the Italian tanks.

The rif war
The first action of the first Spanish tank company (12 French Renault FT-17s) was against the Beni Said kabyle on 18 Mar 1922 (Tanks: Spanish). This was a joint operation between the tank company and Legion infantry. They were to drive the Beni Said from the towns of Tugunz and Ambar. Rain caused leaky roofs and mechanical problems due to wet ignitions. None the less the attack started at 0600 hours. Advancing at 4mph the tanks soon out-distanced the legionaries. Facing tanks was a new experience for the Beni but they learnt quickly. When rifle fire didn't stop the FT-17s the tribesmen climbed on the tanks and stabbed and shot through the vision slits. With no supporting infantry the tanks could do little about this. With on-going ignition failures, gun failures, and lacking infantry support, the tanks called it a day and withdrew. The Spanish left two FT-17s on the field.

The greeks have loads of other weapons, artillery etc to destroy the tanks with.

Was looking for the smoke rule in the book and the new artillery rules ?

Light Mortars are small-calibre, indirect-fire weapons. They use the small “Hand Grenade”
template and have a maximum range of 48”, and a minimum range of 12”. They may fire over
intervening terrain if they have an observer figure which can see the target and is within 12”
of the mortar, or within unit coherency if the unit leader.

What is a small mortar? 45mm Brixia italian mortar?
Greeks tend to fire them direct and two crew, so i used the Deviation D3

David

Hi David,

looking much forward to seeing the game on Sunday. As for the small arms rules, the second printing of the book contains revised armour rules which are pretty much what you describe, but I'm reluctant at having the notoriously thinly armoured CV tankettes being so impervious; you might wish to restrict their immunity to rifle fire, pistols, and submachineguns. We had some new, experimental damage rules which I personally like very much (and simple to use, too) up for download, alongside a short article on artillery that detailed the various types. Unfortunately, we had to take them down due to problems with malware, but if you drop me a personal message with your e-mail address, I'll be happy to send you the PDFs for your use.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 07:39:03 PM »
I'll be there armed with my camera so I'll be looking around with the aim of taking some nice piccies for this forum.

If you're all good that is  :D.

Darrell.

Offline David

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 09:25:35 PM »
The tanks for the game are only the M13-40
If i was using the CV tankettes the normal rules is used for them.  6–14 mm armour is crap and the crew were in more danger of been killed then infantry in the open. It was that bad for them.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 10:10:17 PM »
The tanks for the game are only the M13-40
If i was using the CV tankettes the normal rules is used for them.  6–14 mm armour is crap and the crew were in more danger of been killed then infantry in the open. It was that bad for them.

Yes, for M13-40s, small arms immunity (LMG or smaller) is probably justified; I agree with your interpretation. I had rated the CVs rather weakly in the SCW book, although in our games they did prove quite useful if properly supported.

That said, I was always a tiny bit happier playing my Republicans with a T-26. ;D

Offline David

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 10:54:50 PM »
Hi  :)
After playing the game a few times, some rule changes were made to make the game work better.
"Greek charge"
can use hand Grenade in charge if charge start 8" to 4.1" then normal charge/melee
the hand grenade does not get the -2 for move and shoot, but does get the -1 for long range.
eg hand grenade used at 8" with charge would be (Elite) 6 hard cover -2 = 8 long range -1 = 9
smoke used, but only two rounds per mortar. smoke rules
small arms, lmg's and hmg's do no damage to M13/40 tanks.
Hand grenade use normal rules on tanks
Tank damage, on engine damage there is a chance of fire . Roll one D 6 on odd the engine is on fire and crew bail out, on even normal rules
Tank only moves 6" on table.
If tank is hit, any score below 1 with modifiers tank blows up.
I think that it :?

Rif Raf Miniatures news
09/11/2010
Rif Raf Miniatures will be at Targe, Kirriemuir, on the 13th November (this Saturday) and we will have, with us, the new 28mm WW2 Greeks from Burns Miniatures plus the beautiful 15mm Corvus Beli Ancients.  In addition, David Burns, from Falkirk District wargames club , will be running a fantastic WW2 participation game, set in Greece, in which his Greeks fight to retake control of a hill held by some Italian infantry and tanks....will the Greeks manage to recapture it, or will the Italians repulse the brave Greek attack?

Thanks
David
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 10:21:13 PM by David »

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
Re: WW2 Greek display game Terge 13th November
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 08:52:46 AM »
Thanks for posting the rules changes and ideas.
Björn

Offline David

• Scientist
Re: WW2 Greek display game Terge 13th November
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 09:01:22 PM »
Hi :D
Had a great day today, enjoyed the game and the display came second again. :)
the other T&T game came first :o
A few question came up from the game about the rules, which i will ask later :?
David