Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:43:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Miniature-Heroes 2010 Painting Competition  (Read 1855 times)

Offline Bossco101

• Librarian
    • www.Miniature-Heroes.co.uk
Miniature-Heroes 2010 Painting Competition
« on: October 21, 2010, 07:05:57 PM »
Welcome to the Second Miniature-Heroes painting competition!

The competition is open to everyone and I hope many of you will take part. I only ask that you register on the MH forum in order to do so. Once again its Paint a Classic!

The scope of the competition is this:

* Any Grenadier ( Mirliton ) miniature is allowed.
    * A maximum of 3 different entries are allowed.
    * Miniatures from the boxed sets of the period are also acceptable.
    * Base the miniature how you like, but only a single miniature please. No groups.
    * The miniature must be completed by Tuesday 4th January 2011, which is the closing date for entries.
    * Voting will take place in 2 rounds. The first round from the 5th to 11th of January 2010 will be to reduce the field to the 10 most popular entiries. The second round from the 12th to the 15th will choose 1st, 2nd and third places. Tied votes will be decided by the moderators and myself.
    * The winners will be formally announced on this forum on January 17th, and the prizes given.

Please email your picture entries to me on info@miniature-heroes.co.uk Picture size limit is 300k and in jpeg format.

The entries will be posted on a gallery site to be voted on by everyone. The top ten will be posted again on their own for the second round of voting. Ties will be decided by the MH forum mods and myself.

My word is final. No bribes will be accepted, even if offered, and I reserve the right to disqualify anyone I believe to be cheating.

Well that's the rules bit out of the way, so now the good part, prizes!

Gold, Silver and Bronze Sablesinges will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.

I have yet to contact the relevant manufacturers I stock in the shop, but I hope they will also offer some prize support. These I will list in more detail when I actually get my hands on them.

Miniature-Heroes is providing :

* 1st Prize - £ 25 credit for anything in the shop + Sablesinge Trophy
    * 2nd Prize - £ 15.00 credit for anything in the shop + Sablesinge Trophy
    * 3rd Prize - £ 5.00 credit for anything in the shop + Sablesinge Trophy

There, think that covers everything. Good luck and happy painting!

Offline Bossco101

• Librarian
Re: Miniature-Heroes 2010 Painting Competition
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 07:09:50 PM »
Have now got all the prizes sorted. One month left in which to enter.

http://miniature-heroes.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=453

Offline Bossco101

• Librarian
Re: Miniature-Heroes 2010 Painting Competition
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 01:13:37 PM »
Yes all the entries are now in and posted up on the MH forum. You need to join to be able to see them and vote as its a restricted board, but you can leave again straight afterwards if you wish. The voting period lasts for the next 7 days and will decide 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. Please do come along and vote if you can. A great deal of hard work and effort has gone into these entries, with some quite breathtaking results. They deserve to be viewed as much as possible to provide the fairest means of judging. Link to the forum http://miniature-heroes.proboards.com/index.cgi

Thanks to must go the the manufacturers who have kindly donated prizes in support of the contest. Reaper, Mirliton, Mannequin, JoeK and of course Miniature-Heroes.

Tim