Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:27:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Idea for a game  (Read 3274 times)

Offline SirFuzaba

• Assistant
Idea for a game
« on: August 25, 2007, 02:38:30 PM »
So I've been thinking about a game, kind of like movie The Thing. Where people are trapped in a maze like building, while horrible mutants are stalking them around.

Sounds pretty basic doesn't it? Well here comes the idea that makes it a little more complicated.

The mutants have diesease/virus/whatever, which MIGHT infect the survivors when they bite/scratch/do the magic, and if the survivor is infected, he becomes one of the mutants in random number of turns.

This would create paranoia around the players: They cant win the bad guys if they dont keep together, but if someones mutant he could basicly ruin the the surviving chance.

Oh, and the one who plays the mutants would of cource keep it a secret if someone is infected, and take over the character when the number amount of rounds is gone.

Any ideas?

Hope you understand what Im trying to say,
Fuzaba

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Idea for a game
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 11:33:58 AM »
I think, this could be done with a lot of different rulesets - you just need either a GM/referee, or a system where the outcome infection/no infection is perhaps decided by a counter turned face up after a preset number of turns... the number of turns could, of course, be random (roll a dice and place it with the chit, or something).

Does this make sense??
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline SirFuzaba

• Assistant
Idea for a game
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 04:40:35 PM »
Yes, it does make sense, I've been thinking something similar myself. Will probably use some kind of cup, which you use to roll the infection roll inside, and revealing the result after a certain number of turns.

I'll probably test it with my own system. Hopefully next month when I have more time.

Thanks for reply
Fuzaba.

Offline demi_morgana

• Mad Scientist
    • Miniatures, tutorials, gallery, swearing...
Idea for a game
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 06:12:28 PM »
I'd like to see realistic, multi-floors game space for such thing...
I have in mind wision of fighting in offices, hiding behind desks, xeroxes, where the main task is to reach the elevator and escape :D
good luck with the game!

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: Idea for a game
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 03:50:50 PM »
A bit of threadomancy, here, but I stumbled on this and

I'd like to see realistic, multi-floors game space for such thing...

made me think of the new Battle Systems (Kickstarted finished a while ago), that I'm eagerly awaiting to arrive  :)

Offline carlos13th

• Mastermind
Re: Idea for a game
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 08:46:51 PM »
I would like the idea of everyone picking up a card each at the start. Mid way through everyone looks at their card but doesn't tell anyone the result. One person who got the Thing card. Must now work in secret along with the GM against the other players. Maybe trying to horde ammo so they have less, purposely making poor tactical choices etc.

The other plays can if they wish at any time turn on someone and try to kill him but they make a mistake and it means they are even further out outnumbered.