Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:39:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: How to contact black army productions  (Read 5199 times)

Offline Prof Pulp

• Schoolboy
How to contact black army productions
« on: November 19, 2010, 09:29:19 PM »
Hi, I'm watching this great forum since some time and now need help.
Interested in their Dillinger miniature, I tried to contact black army productions, but onlyreceived some mail delivery failed messages regarding their "mithraeum AT sbcgobal.net"-address.
Are they out of business or is there another e-mail contact which does work for an order from Germany?
Many thanks for any hint
Prof Pulp

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: How to contact black army productions
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 10:38:13 PM »
Try pm'ing Doc Twilight on this forum. He's the principal of Black Army Productions, although thinking about it, I haven't noticed him around here for a while...

Offline Hauptgefreiter

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 10:58:24 PM »
The last time I heard from him (which was in September) he was mentioning health issues. It seems that this might still bother him... :(
per aspera ad astra

Offline Sheerluck Holmes

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 12:30:43 AM »
I am in the same boat - I asked for an invoice for the 'not phantom' and Dillinger three to four weeks ago and haven't heard back.

Hopefully all is well and those wanting figures will be contacted soon.

Offline starkadder

• Mad Scientist
  • I'm just going outside...
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 01:44:57 AM »
I placed an order a few weeks ago with Alex and it arrived in good time.

mithraeum@sbcglobal.net

I hope he's ok. He's a good bloke but he's been having some family health issues as I understand it. The site is very quiet after the meltdown. I just used the e-mail address.
It requires less mental effort to condemn than to think - Emma Goldman

Offline Baldrick

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 04:28:18 AM »
Doc is a friend of mine - just saw him last night.  Currently, he is dealing with some personal issues and things have been hectic.  I have sent him an e-mail and hopefully he will pop in.
I have a cunning plan... as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University.

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 07:21:56 AM »
Hello, everybody -

I'm very sorry. I haven't been myself lately. As some of you know, my wife has been going through a series of surgeries, and then my father got sick. He passed away three weeks ago, and I've taken the news of his illness, and subsequent passing, very hard.
I am still alive, and Black Army Productions is still in production. We just... went into hibernation for a while while I dealt with family issues. I am going to get active again, but as I'm sure you can appreciate, this has been a morally exhausting year for me. Began with the theft of several miniatures, and just got worse from there. Not an excuse for dropping off the face of the internet, but a reason.

I apologize for your email troubles. I have had increasing reports of email problems, so the first task on my agenda (before I update the website, which is task #2) is to get a new email address for orders, which should move more smoothly. Now, a fair warning - it will likely be my reserve hotmail address, but I assure you that it will be a working, real address. The problem is that the server I pay for has yet to fix the email that was supposed to come as part of our website package, so the address exists, but doesn't actually allow anyone to send mail from it (only receive), so I have to use the "low rent" option. Nevertheless, Hotmail/GMail, etc. are fairly reliable, by contrast.

We do plan to have a big holiday sale again this year (no shipping, etc.) but I'm hoping to get at least one new code into the website before I announce it. A teaser for our next non-historical range.

Anyway, at the moment, if you wish to send any orders or ask any questions, feel free to PM me here, post here, etc.

-Alex (Doc)

Offline warrenss2

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 08:23:28 AM »
I went through that a couple of years ago, Alex.

You have my heart felt feelings, man.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 09:20:06 AM »
Hello, everybody -

I'm very sorry. I haven't been myself lately. As some of you know, my wife has been going through a series of surgeries, and then my father got sick. He passed away three weeks ago, and I've taken the news of his illness, and subsequent passing, very hard.
I am still alive, and Black Army Productions is still in production. We just... went into hibernation for a while while I dealt with family issues. I am going to get active again, but as I'm sure you can appreciate, this has been a morally exhausting year for me. Began with the theft of several miniatures, and just got worse from there. Not an excuse for dropping off the face of the internet, but a reason.

I apologize for your email troubles. I have had increasing reports of email problems, so the first task on my agenda (before I update the website, which is task #2) is to get a new email address for orders, which should move more smoothly. Now, a fair warning - it will likely be my reserve hotmail address, but I assure you that it will be a working, real address. The problem is that the server I pay for has yet to fix the email that was supposed to come as part of our website package, so the address exists, but doesn't actually allow anyone to send mail from it (only receive), so I have to use the "low rent" option. Nevertheless, Hotmail/GMail, etc. are fairly reliable, by contrast.

We do plan to have a big holiday sale again this year (no shipping, etc.) but I'm hoping to get at least one new code into the website before I announce it. A teaser for our next non-historical range.

Anyway, at the moment, if you wish to send any orders or ask any questions, feel free to PM me here, post here, etc.

-Alex (Doc)

You've got nothing to apologize for, Alex. I think you should take your time and if at all possible use your hobby and this forum as a stress relief. I know I did, as time allowed, when I was in a similar situation. Focusing on something different, even for an hour or so, helped

Also, my best wished to you and your family.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 09:29:11 AM »
Hi Alex, So sorry to hear your sad news. Best wishes to you and your family.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 09:41:18 AM »
Aye. Chin up, Doc. But take it easy.

Offline Prof Pulp

• Schoolboy
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 12:16:22 PM »
Hi Doc,
I’m very sorry about your loss. And please take my best wishes for a quick full recovery of your wife.
Some years ago my father died after a stroke, lying nearly braindead in a hospital for a week.
And my old mother went to two lifesaving in nearly-the-last-moment surgeries last year.
So take any time you need to take care of your wife and yourself.
The only positive thing I can say from my experience  is that your deep sorrows about your wife and your mourning for your dad mirrors how you love each other. That’s not usual today anymore and honours your family relationship.

Compared to that, my ‘problem’ of getting a Dillinger miniature means nothing.
Please continue setting “family first” on  your to-do-list before trying to keep the hobbyist customer satisfied ;-)

Greetings from Germany
Heiko

Offline starkadder

• Mad Scientist
  • I'm just going outside...
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 12:23:56 PM »
G'day Alex.

Having gone through an eerily similar experience a few years ago all I can say is the earth abides. I thought I'd crack and fall, but I didn't. I had the support of friends, work mates and even the odd family member.

Just reading the messages here, gives strength. Stay well, comrade. We'll be here when you get back.

I'll make sure Mata Hari does you justice.

Offline Sheerluck Holmes

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 08:22:22 PM »
Very sorry to hear the news - I hope things get better soon, and remember family comes first (before for us gamers  ;) )

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 12:14:48 AM »
OMG, I am sorry for your lose and the condition your wife is in. Are thoughts and prayers are with you.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous