Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:16:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Compiled list of Fallout Miniatures  (Read 384026 times)

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
Re: Compiled list of Fallout Miniatures
« Reply #330 on: November 17, 2014, 03:56:53 PM »
Brother Vinni created a Deathclaw :

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline Messyart

• Scientist
  • Repopulating the Wasteland, one corpse at a time.
« Reply #331 on: November 17, 2014, 06:26:11 PM »
The chicken head is interesting.
If you'd like an apocalyptic monster in 28mm, throw me a PM and I'll think it over.

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
« Reply #332 on: November 17, 2014, 07:19:44 PM »
Brother Vinni created a Deathclaw :

Very nice.

Offline WulframMors

• Librarian
« Reply #333 on: November 17, 2014, 10:48:27 PM »
The chicken head is interesting.

Sooo, you got any spare Deathclaw heads?

The Brother Vinni head reminds me more of 40k Orks than a Deathclaw. Will still probably get one, provided I can score a head from Messyart, with his far more accurate version.

Brother Vinni in general seems to be moving away from complete accuracy, as evidenced by the Robobrain before it. I guess the whole X-Com thing spooked him, and understandably so.

My Fallout Project: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=63394.0
My Dracula's America Project: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=105669.0

Offline Messyart

• Scientist
« Reply #334 on: November 17, 2014, 11:03:50 PM »

The Brother Vinni head reminds me more of 40k Orks than a Deathclaw. Will still probably get one, provided I can score a head from Messyart, with his far more accurate version.

Brother Vinni in general seems to be moving away from complete accuracy, as evidenced by the Robobrain before it. I guess the whole X-Com thing spooked him, and understandably so.

..I did just re-make the mold for the head and tail.
Yea, I like this one. It's more textured (Which is what I wanted to do but got lazy at the end of that year-long sculpting process...) but the anatomical differences... Bug me. As well as having competition from someone pretty nicely established in the Fallout market. :P

Someone buy both versions, paint them up the same and sit them next to each other. e_e

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #335 on: November 17, 2014, 11:33:31 PM »
Someone buy both versions, paint them up the same and sit them next to each other. e_e

Already ordered one, still have to paint up one of yours I'm afraid  :-I

Offline WulframMors

• Librarian
« Reply #336 on: November 18, 2014, 12:13:30 AM »
Looking at the angles in the other pictures he provides, it's starting to remind me of the classic Fallout 'Claws. Not sure if that's enough to get me to keep the head; I prefer the newer Deathclaw design, as I find it a bit more intimidating.

Still, ordered one as well. Can never have enough scaly beasts of doom.

And I should really snap a picture of the painted Messyart Deathclaw.

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
« Reply #337 on: November 18, 2014, 12:56:50 AM »

What's the "X-Com thing"? Did he do some X-Com miniatures?

Offline Messyart

• Scientist
« Reply #338 on: November 18, 2014, 03:13:31 AM »
Looking at the angles in the other pictures he provides, it's starting to remind me of the classic Fallout 'Claws. Not sure if that's enough to get me to keep the head; I prefer the newer Deathclaw design, as I find it a bit more intimidating.

Still, ordered one as well. Can never have enough scaly beasts of doom.

And I should really snap a picture of the painted Messyart Deathclaw.

Well, the Robobrain he did was very much based on the version in 2.

..Got crabs yet?  lol

I have been meaning to make an order for a while. Want me some robots that I don't have to make myself. >.<
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 03:15:20 AM by Messyart »

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #339 on: November 18, 2014, 05:14:01 AM »
Vinni made a Muton and I think he may have had others planned, but he had to remove it from his site due to legal issues (he probably still has the molds though, not saying you could email him behind the site to get a hold of one...).

To avoid that issue he's gone so far as to create a new head for the Robobrain (saying make your own brain if you want one, they're not that hard). With the Deathclaw the promotional images don't have the Deathclaw head or tail, and as Messyart said even when everything's put together the proportions and details are different from the one in the game. The problem with that though is that people want to have minis as close to the originals as possible, so Vinni (who previously made pretty accurate sculpts) making models which are starting to only have a passing resemblence to those might start losing out to the alternatives.

I'm sort of all right with that thing, but I'd need to see it scaled against another model as its looking a bit small to me (that might just be the images though). Whenever Vinni releases something next that interests me then maybe I'll pick this one up, but for the moment its not doing enough for me to throw money at it (and well I already have another giant lizard serving in the same role).

Also tail isn't spelled tait... =P

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #340 on: November 18, 2014, 05:35:49 AM »
I'm liking that deathclaw. It could be used in many different genre as well. So was the mutton the new version or the old one?

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #341 on: November 18, 2014, 05:55:22 AM »
The new game. I did a search for Vinni XCom and noticed that his stuff had received a bit more publicity than normal (ie not just forum posts). I guess it hitting mainstream mini sites put it on the company's radar so they did something about it (Bethesda probably knows about his stuff too, it just doesn't see a reason to do anything about it right now for some reason. Given that they took Mojang to court over just using the word Scrolls in a game's name I don't know what that says about their legal department, ah, but this is a bit OT).

The Muton was up for sale for a bit, but I don't remember seeing the Sectoid on the shop (it probably did go up, but was taken down quickly).

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #342 on: November 18, 2014, 06:39:48 AM »
Ah yes. I remember the muton now. I think if it was the first incarnation of the game people would be hard pressed doing a C&D as it is such a generic looking thing.

Offline WulframMors

• Librarian
« Reply #343 on: November 18, 2014, 02:39:29 PM »
..Got crabs yet?  lol

Yes I do! And thankfully they're not scuttling around in my nether regions.

They're really quite nice, I'm hoping to piece them together over the next couple of days, though the weather over here may prevent me from getting them primed anytime soon.

The Muton was up for sale for a bit, but I don't remember seeing the Sectoid on the shop (it probably did go up, but was taken down quickly).

The Sectoid was up for barely a week, as soon as I saw it and went to purchase it was gone.

Offline JackTR

• Bookworm
« Reply #344 on: November 19, 2014, 08:07:06 AM »
Brother Vinni head reminds me more of 40k Orks than a Deathclaw.
I wonder if he didn't use an ork's head as a base, the upper part is very similar  lol