Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:17:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689729
  • Total Topics: 118291
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: WIP: AMO F-15 and Siberia Austin Putilov  (Read 4721 times)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
WIP: AMO F-15 and Siberia Austin Putilov
« on: October 26, 2010, 03:33:30 PM »
A few images of some new items.

I ordered this vehicle from LAF-member cuprums online miniature business in Russia. Thetransaction went smoothly and was not too expensive. Delivery took a quite bearable two weeks.

The model:

The parts are cast in a baby blue resin in several parts, with the fiddliest bits cast in white metal. The instructions a wee bit cryptic since cuprum has been using a online translator. It is in no way impossible to understand but certain parts need to be read twice (which is also true for some Tamayia instructions I have read in my day). The resin cast part are some of the best I have encountered. Rivets, hatches etc. are crisp, well defined and just the right size. Sprues are easily removed with a razor saw. The fit is snug and whatever mistakes I made were entirely my own fault. Metal parts are small but fit smartly in slots in the resin parts. Wheels differ a bit from what I am used to since they are cast standing up rather than laying on the side but I can't say definition has suffered any.

My few points of critizism is that I like my wargaming models to differ from my display modelks that I prefer the former to be put together from as few pieces as possible. A few of the resin parts would have benefited from being cast as one since the vehicle is to be manhandled by more or less hamfisted gamers.

I rate the quality as better than what I've got from Sloppy Jaloppy, Old Glory and perhaps even BEF and I find it in par with Copplestone and Company B.

While I am at it I also thought I should paint this lovely Lithuanian diecast (Soviet era production) of a AMO F-15 (Soviet made Fiat model, later models are the various ZIL models).

While taking the model apart for stripping it turned to shit a bit in my hands. After a lot of extra work I have however put it back into sprayable bits.

More pics as work progress.

Offline area23

• Mastermind
    • area23
Re: WIP: AMO F-15 and Siberia Austin Putilov
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 09:37:40 PM »
Great review!
If you don't believe in lead, you're already dead.
+++AREA23 BLOG+++

Offline sepoy1857

• Mastermind
  • Wherever Duty Calls...
    • The Devil's Wind
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 11:44:22 PM »
Thanks for the review. Both very nice models.
All The Best
Scott Dallimore
Kent-Essex Gaming Society
http://kent-essexgaming.ca/

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 03:34:14 AM »
Thanks for a kind response about my work. I am very glad, that you liked my model.
I apologise for problems with English language and the instruction.
The model is collected, basically, correctly. I have seen on a photo only one small error. One headlight at you has turned out developed back.
Model АМО is a scale 1/43. If such model is necessary to someone - I can find still such under your order here, in Russia. These models are not made any more, but at me many familiar collectors of tiny cars of this scale. They will find for me such models if it is necessary.

Offline Remington

• Mastermind
  • Who? Where? Say what now?
    • The Doc's Diary
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 07:31:43 AM »
Thank you for the review. It makes resisting even harder.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 08:19:05 AM »
Thanks for a kind response about my work. I am very glad, that you liked my model.
I apologise for problems with English language and the instruction.
The model is collected, basically, correctly. I have seen on a photo only one small error. One headlight at you has turned out developed back.
Model АМО is a scale 1/43. If such model is necessary to someone - I can find still such under your order here, in Russia. These models are not made any more, but at me many familiar collectors of tiny cars of this scale. They will find for me such models if it is necessary.

Yes, the AMO is 1/43 and certainly looks a little big next to the Putilov. But coolness comes before accuracy at the Hammers mansion.

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 08:38:49 AM »
This is great stuff Hammie! :)
Look forward to the updates.

/S