Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:16:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690722
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Company, new miniatures line!  (Read 6670 times)

Offline tidyfiguremaker

• Bookworm
New Company, new miniatures line!
« on: September 27, 2008, 10:35:17 PM »
I've been given permission to post these pics of a couple of greens and some painted examples from a new range by a new company.
As yet they haven't made a formal announcement but I believe that they will be fully set-up and trading within the next month or two. The painted figures were painted by Andrew Taylor and I think he has done a splendid job as usual. The British were sculpted by Mark Sims, and I sculpted the Voltigeurs and the French Drummer conversion (based on a Mark Sims sculpt). I hope that you like the pics and there will be plenty more to see over the coming weeks.

Cheers,
Ian.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: New Company, new miniatures line!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 10:43:56 PM »
Hi Ian,

Good luck with your company and projects. A lovely choice and I noticed some of your work via Soapy's Workshop blog!

Cheers,
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline tidyfiguremaker

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 10:47:26 PM »
Thanks for the best wishes, just to clarify though, this isn't my venture. It's a actually run by someone else, I am merely one of the sculptors and I'm helping him out with the posts on the forums.  :)
Ian.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 10:59:03 PM »
Thanks for the best wishes, just to clarify though, this isn't my venture. It's a actually run by someone else, I am merely one of the sculptors and I'm helping him out with the posts on the forums.  :)
Ian.

Thanks Ian.

cheers,

Offline Jase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 07:20:41 AM »
They look wonderful, great figures!

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 10:24:17 AM »
Lovely figures, and Andrew has to be one of the finest painters around.

But honestly - yet more Napoleonic??

Maybe it's just because it's a period that's never really grabbed me, but I do find it surprising that so many new and existing figure makers are still producing new ranges for this period.

I appreciate it is probably THE wargames period of most common appeal / interest to most people - but surely anyone who was going to build a French or British Napoleonic army would have done so by now?  :?

Worries me to see all these beautiful figures from talented sculptors and thrusting new companies - and they're all producing the same old stuff, albeit in the shape of better and better figures. Either the market has an insatiable appetite for Napoleonics, or some of these many recent and forthcoming ranges are going to find themselves fighting over the scraps of a market that was long ago saturated...

Odd, that's all. But lovely figures, no doubt of that...

Offline tidyfiguremaker

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 10:37:08 AM »
I can complety understand your comments Captain Blood, there is a lot of competition for this market at the moment. This new company however has several other lines in the offing too, not just Napoleonics. You can expect to see some pics from those ranges over the next few weeks. There will also be some interesting and varied character figures being added to the line over time.
Cheers,
Ian.

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 04:04:15 PM »
Fantastic news. I just picked up some French sculpted by Mark and they are fantastic. There is just something about his sculpting style that makes his figures a joy for me to paint. I'm glad I will be able to find compatible skirmishers and Brits!

Offline tidyfiguremaker

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 04:52:14 PM »
Some more pictures of the upcoming figures from this new company, again these are a mix of both mine and Mark Sims sculpting. Andrew Taylor painted the British Ensign and I painted the French command figures. I believe that there will be an announcement next week with the name and possibly a time frame as to when the website will be going live.
Cheers,
Ian.

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 06:15:58 PM »
Another talented sculpter who also paints better than I do. >:(

Again, fantastic stuff! I am looking forward to it.

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 12:43:11 AM »
... Again, fantastic stuff! I am looking forward to it.

same here!  ;)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/