Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:15:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691101
  • Total Topics: 118373
  • Online Today: 880
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Zombiegeddon  (Read 4582 times)

Offline warrenss2

• Mad Scientist
Re: Zombiegeddon
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 01:53:20 AM »
Out of interest, where's the hospital from?
--- Oh-oh!! More scenic fodder for the town?

Excellent link! Downloaded and saved them all!!!

Anyway we can get a peek at your rules when you're finished with them?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 01:58:01 AM by warrenss2 »
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Offline ryoden

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 07:10:23 AM »
--- Oh-oh!! More scenic fodder for the town?

Excellent link! Downloaded and saved them all!!!

Anyway we can get a peek at your rules when you're finished with them?

Yeah once I have play tested them.
The richest man is not he who has the most but he who needs the least.

Offline The Rock

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, 03:49:12 PM »
I spent ages trawling the net for free or cheap paper building downloads, this site has a few but they are very nice considering they are free.  It's an asylum but it's acceptable as an old gothic type hospital.
http://www.haunteddimensions.raykeim.com/index301.html

thanks

Offline ryoden

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 11:41:25 AM »
We played a quick test session to see if the combat rules needed tweaking, I had finished 70% of the board and enough half finished vehicles for test purposes.  I didn't bother with a full battle report since it was a test but her are a few pics.

My buddy was playing a squad of 6 marines (and he forgot to bring his marine figs so I had to substitute random heroes) armed with assault rifles, pistols, 1 sniper rifle and a SAW.

The board set-up.

Our heroes make their way to the objective, which was the hospital to rescue the scientist there.

By this point in the game the sniper had gotten cornered in a house by himself and was surrounded but handily had drawn the main zombie pack away from the rescue portion of the team who had made it to the hospital.  The SAW guy (pictured above) had lost a fear check and forced a tactical withdraw away from any zombies which left him cut off in the petrol station by the time he had recovered. 

However his luck held and despite numerous rolls for ammo checks he kept up an astounding rate of fire and kill rate before finally getting overwhelmed on top of a crashed truck when his luckand ammo finally ran out.

The sniper was eaten in the house and one other squaddie fell to a couple of ambush crawlers when he misjudged distance to the final building.  The others as you can see made it to the rescue helicopter with the scientist intact.

Outcome:  I think the rules worked reasonably well, the game took 2.5 hours to run and I need to tweak a few rules for expediency purposes, I may also alter the running out of ammo checks on heavier weapons as the SAW was overly effective.  I hadnt finished any of my equipment find cards either so that can wait until next time.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 07:00:38 PM »
I recognised those buildings!  :D Nicely done, will go back and read the game report properly later.

Nice scenery, especially the gothic apartment.  ;)

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.