Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:25:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Help with contacting Empress Miniatures  (Read 5419 times)

Offline mjkerner

• Bookworm
Help with contacting Empress Miniatures
« on: December 16, 2010, 05:35:02 PM »
Moderator, please move this if there is a better place it should go.  I don't know where else to post it since there's no "general" or "consumer" category on this Forum.*  I tried posting on TMP, but Empress didn't answer, so I'm trying LAF because they show up alot more here, it seems.

Anyhoo, I know England's digging out from a major storm a couple of weeks ago, but an I placed a medium/large order with Empress on November 20th, and it hasn't arrived yet. It's never taken more than two weeks to get orders from England...including those placed with Empress, Foundry, and the Perry Twins...to Wisconsin, USA. But I'm not really sweating that the order hasn't arrived yet, since I believe their website warns of a 28 day delivery time, and it's the Holidays after all.  What is bothering me is that I sent them an email on December 6th and another on the 8th just to get a status report, but I haven't heard squat from them.  I had placed a small order (1 pack) a little later on the same day I placed the larger order, November 20th, and I recieved that one on December 2nd, but not a word about the larger order.

So, Hi Empresses, if you're reading this.  Please give me a PM/email holler when you get the chance.

Thanks!

*They were Zulu War figures, so I figured this would be the best topic area.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 05:36:58 PM by mjkerner »

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Help with contacting Empress Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 06:46:34 PM »
Hi,

Sorry that you are having problems contacting us but we are here and always have been. Alive and kicking.

E mail us your details and we will check into things for you,

mail@empressminiatures.com

Not seen any thread on TMP either so could you also send us a link to it.

Kind regards,
Christine.
Empress Miniatures

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 08:51:07 PM »
Hi again,

We tracked your order down and it is with the US postal service.....and has been for some time.  :-[ Both your orders were sent at exactly the same time so we do not know why there is an issue.

We have e mailed you all the details including the tracking number.

Can you please contact us on the Empress e mail address above so that we know you have the information.

Many thanks  ;)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 09:02:58 PM »
I sent a package to the states on 22nd November and it only arrived with the customer today. So there is clearly an issue with the postal services, no doubt our excuse in the UK is the weather and the Extra seasonal amount of post.
I am sure your order will arrive anyway.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • www.gallopingmajorwargames.com
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 10:04:31 PM »
I sent a package to the states on 22nd November and it only arrived with the customer today. So there is clearly an issue with the postal services, no doubt our excuse in the UK is the weather and the Extra seasonal amount of post.
I am sure your order will arrive anyway.

Similar experiences here, orders seem to be taking an extra week or so to get to the States at the moment.

Offline Patrice

• Mastermind
  • Breizh / Brittany
    • "Argad!"
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 11:46:52 PM »
What ? It's more than three weeks for postage from the UK to the USA now ?  :o

Look like it's going worse since 1776 probably  :D

Have your parcels sent from the UK to France, and then delivered to some French islands in the Carribean, and go to fetch them there, it will go faster... if some pirates don't get them first  :D

Ooops only kidding of course  ::)

Offline mjkerner

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 11:54:17 PM »
Thanks Empress, I knew you'd come through!  I'm just glad you got the order and that it is on the way.  An order to Perry's went out about the same time, and hasn't come in yet (they acknowledged that it was sent), so it sounds like USPS is a little overworked!

Offline Peter@BattleScape

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 04:04:26 AM »
Gday Chaps

I to send MANY orders to the States and normally have no issue with delays, but I was sent this by Australia Post a few days ago:

".....Due to heightened border protection and increased aviation security measures introduced by the US Government applying to inbound freight, there is likely to be delays of around 48 hours to parcels being sent to the US. These new security measures have increased cost implications associated with screening and transport, and as a result a $9 surcharge will be imposed on all parcels over 453g (16 ounces) destined for the US.

This surcharge has been introduced solely to cover the costs of the revised security arrangements required by the United States, and Australia Post does not profit from the surcharge....."

I have since been informed that the 48hr delay has blown out to anything upwards of 10 days. The reason is that EVERY parcel over the weight limit is being opended by hand and inspected.

regards

Peter
BattleScape Military Books & Miniatures

BattleScape Military Books & Miniatures
www.BattleScape.com.au

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 09:45:09 AM »
What ? It's more than three weeks for postage from the UK to the USA now ?  :o

Look like it's going worse since 1776 probably  :D

Have your parcels sent from the UK to France, and then delivered to some French islands in the Carribean, and go to fetch them there, it will go faster... if some pirates don't get them first  :D

Ooops only kidding of course  ::)

Unless the whole of France is on strike that week that is ;)

Offline Axebreaker

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 11:09:12 AM »
Unless the whole of France is on strike that week that is ;)

lol lol lol lol

Christopher

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 11:13:39 AM »

This surcharge has been introduced solely to cover the costs of the revised security arrangements required by the United States, and Australia Post does not profit from the surcharge....."

then US citizens should be the ones paying it..

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 12:12:53 PM »
Since the packages entering the US are most likely bound for US citizens it is likely we will be.

Offline Peter@BattleScape

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 02:38:34 PM »
then US citizens should be the ones paying it..

The surcharge is required to SEND a package to the US and is paid when sending the items. Bit unfair on the sender...but I tell all of my US customers about it BEFORE I post to them and add the surcharge to THEIR bill.
Aside from the extra cost that is the reason for the massive delays, imagine just how much extra mail there is at Christmas and it ALL must be opened and inspected.

Pete

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 02:56:04 PM »
yes ofc, i was thinking more along the lines that it should be like a customscharge, ie the sender shouldn't have to pay,, mostly thinking as a private person here, if i were to send a package to a friend stateside..

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 10:28:19 PM »
I think this is a cracking idea. Many Americans would love to live in Italy. I have a friend in Santa Cruz who visits Rome every year, she finds it incomparably romantic. Giving every American a taste of  Italy by simulating the uncertainty and delay that is the  Italian postal service is a brilliant gesture.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo