Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:00:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Bitten by a little bit of the cowboy bug.  (Read 8195 times)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Bitten by a little bit of the cowboy bug.
« on: December 17, 2010, 03:52:21 PM »
Howdy partners! (Sorry!)

I've been hankering after a few cowboys of late (steady!), (I think I've seen Back to the Future III far too many times of late, that and I've a friend into his timpo wild west figures) been trying to acquire a few dastartly varmints through swops and trades, (so if anyone's got any spare PM me).

I was going to ask, apart from foundry, artizan, crusader and black scorpion, (recognising the scale issues with the latter) who else does nicely sculpted wild west figs?

Cheers

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
Re: Bitten by a little bit of the cowboy bug.
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 08:26:10 PM »
I was going to ask, apart from foundry, artizan, crusader and black scorpion, (recognising the scale issues with the latter) who else does nicely sculpted wild west figs?

if you can't find enough in that range, you either aren't trying hard enough, or you aren't working on a project involving a "few" minis....

Oh, and i've got a "few", and no you can't have any.....  ;)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 08:42:10 PM »
if you can't find enough in that range, you either aren't trying hard enough, or you aren't working on a project involving a "few" minis....

Oh, and i've got a "few", and no you can't have any.....  ;)

Just skirting round the edges you stalker!

Really like Adam's stuff (Black Scorpion) but that whole 32mm thing is putting me off. Haven't had a look through the artizan or foundry ranges as yet, will continue to hoover up odd minis here and there.

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 09:11:38 PM »
IMHO Artizan has the all around best selection, though the lack of mounted figures seems to put some folks off.
I am looking for the following Deadlands minis:  Shotgun Thug, Lost Soul, Cleaners, Railroad Workers & Feral Dead. If you have any of these minis, or if you are one, please send me a PM.

Offline Colonel Tubby

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 10:02:38 AM »
IMHO Artizan has the all around best selection, though the lack of mounted figures seems to put some folks off.

I agree - great figures (as are a majority fo the Artizan stuff) but I really wish he would do some mounted versions of his cowboy's.

Howdy partners! (Sorry!)

I've been hankering after a few cowboys of late (steady!), (I think I've seen Back to the Future III far too many times of late, that and I've a friend into his timpo wild west figures) been trying to acquire a few dastartly varmints through swops and trades, (so if anyone's got any spare PM me).

Commander - I think somebody has done a not Doc Brown in western kit with the scoped rifle, thought it was Ironclad but couldn't see it one their site - maybe one of the big brains who frequent the site can point you in the right direction (or maybe it's mind playing tricks on me!)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 02:33:52 PM »
I agree - great figures (as are a majority fo the Artizan stuff) but I really wish he would do some mounted versions of his cowboy's.

Commander - I think somebody has done a not Doc Brown in western kit with the scoped rifle, thought it was Ironclad but couldn't see it one their site - maybe one of the big brains who frequent the site can point you in the right direction (or maybe it's mind playing tricks on me!)

Cheers Col, hopefully as you say someone can point in the appropriate direction. I want to play this one 'straight' but do feel a little fantasy influence creeping in, I'll try to restrain it and keep taking the pills. ;)

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 01:31:53 AM »

Cheers Col, hopefully as you say someone can point in the appropriate direction. I want to play this one 'straight' but do feel a little fantasy influence creeping in, I'll try to restrain it and keep taking the pills. ;)

Yeah if anyone knows wo did the "Doc Brown" let us all know, that would be a fun mini to add to the western ranks!

Offline Colonel Tubby

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 11:02:07 AM »
Strange thing is I can see the figure I'm thinking of in my minds eye!

Duster, rifle with long scope pointing groundward, long, 'Doc-ish' hair and glasses possibly a to hat  (?)  :?

Oh well, maybe I have an overactive imagination!

Offline Smith

• Mad Scientist
    • Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2010, 06:34:18 PM »
Is it Tophat from 4-A Miniatures?

http://www.fouraminiatures.com/page4.htm (7th photo down)
Phil Smith
Head of Osprey Games

Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff

OWG Resources HERE!

Offline Colonel Tubby

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 08:02:29 PM »

That's the guy I was thinking off Smith - thanks or confirming I'm not imagining things! :)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 08:53:20 PM »

I did think that one from Andy, but his stuff is generally a little on the larger side, work well with black scorpion wild west types.

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 04:11:30 AM »
Yeah looks nice, too bad is's waaaay to big for Artizan.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 10:02:44 AM »
Might be worth looking for an ACW sharpshooter and a head swap...I think Brigade did some with scoped rifles in their VSF range...but must be others around.

Worth looking at are the Missouri raiders and the like form Foundry (e-bay or the DT naturally) I think they are some of the nicest cowboys...mine are being converted into undead ones :D