Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:44:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: No school like old school(Im back! Jan 9th 2012 Grenadier skeleton warband)  (Read 37152 times)

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
Re: No school like old school(updated April 10th Grenadier Skeletons added)
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2011, 03:44:58 PM »
Thanks phreedh, Faust23, Scurv, I have a few more skeletons on the painting table right now, I also just finished a preslotta Citadel fighter which I will post up soon (have to go to solegends and find out what he is called first).

Thanks for the comments

Damien

Offline Bloodysword

• Scientist
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2011, 12:53:53 PM »
Impressive!  I love what you did with somebodies garbage.  Theres nothing more satisffying then finds old figures and turning them into works of art.  I guess thats what you'll be doing in Greece.  Keep them coming!

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2011, 06:02:04 PM »
I always look for painted figures with crappy paint jobs, they usually go for peanuts, I think that most people don`t want to take the time to strip them; I just use Pine Sol works great.
I guess thats what you'll be doing in Greece.
  lol :D . Yup, that will be next summer, can`t wait.

Thanks Bloodysword

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2011, 03:40:53 PM »
Hello everyone, I present to you a Citadel Fighter (don`t know his code or his real name, if anyone does let me know) and a Metal Magic (mega minis) Knight with Halberd. The Citadel Fighter is preslotta and was really fun to paint, he has a great expression, the Metal Magic fighter was quick and easy due to all his armour. In the last pic I have included all the fighters that I have recently painted.

Grenadier, Citadel, Metal Magic (Mega), Metal Magic (Mega Minis).

Let me know if I posted too many pics (I am still experimenting with the camera) and thanks for looking

Damien

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
You did a great job on all that armour!  :-*

What are you going to use these guys for?
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
Don't worry about the amount of pics, seems fine to me! :)

The fighters look good!  :)
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
I really like the group portrait...the Lads in Cans look GREAT together. You do a FINE job with the metals...VERY WELL DONE!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
Nice ones damien! Really like the group shot and defenitely don't think you did too many pics! =D
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
Very well done, sir.
Have the Citadel Fighter myself, but can not help with his name/code :(

Offline clam

• Scientist
    • Clamshells and Sea Horses
Awesome job, and they really look good together.

I actually don't think he has a name - not that common back then. But I can tell that it's a C01 Fighter, shown in the Second Compendium (84) - http://www.solegends.com/citcomp2/citcomp2019-02.htm (second row, second from the right).

Nameless or not - he is lovely, and you did great.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 10:11:52 PM by clam »

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
Thanks guys I really appreciate all the feedback, especially coming from you lot!

@Braxandur, thanks I really like painting fully armoured minis, they are quick and look good when finished. I am not using these guys for anything, I have never wargammed but hope to do some this summer. I just moved to Edmonton this year and there seems to be a group that meets regularly (back home everyone was into 40k, I could never to get into it).

Thanks Pil, I have to diversify and do some Magic Users or monsters.

Hi DeafNala, Lads in Cans is right, thanks for the feedback.

phreedh, I personally like reading through a thread with a lot of pics, I am glad that other people feel that way too.

Scurv, You so right, I have quite a few of these minis (bought from Mega Minis) and the sculpting is fantastic. Their dwarves are particularly good. I highly recommend them (especially for the price) and I think they look good mixed in with other  companies.

Thanks Comsquare.

CO1 Fighter, thanks clam, do you have anymore conversions on the table? Still look at those fantastic Mindflayers once in a while.

I would like to thank everyone again for all the encouragement

Damien

Offline Delaney

• Scientist
  • With great power comes great power bills.
    • Delaney King
I love this thread.

Time for a big group shot of all the figures you have done.
Delaney King:  Digital Artist, Sculptor, Character Artist, TransDimentional Spatula Wielder, Sandwich.
My retro mini blog:  http:www.kingsminis.blogspot.com       My own minis and games:  www.darklinggames.com

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
I love this thread.

Time for a big group shot of all the figures you have done.

Hear, hear! I concur! This is a thread that makes me smile for the pure bliss of looking at wonderfully painted old miniatures that make me feel young again. Takes away the little pains in the bones here and there...  :D

As to the blond fighter in your last pic, I have the same miniature around and I'm certain that it was supposed to be a "female fighter" I think from one of the old Citadel Adventurer's Boxes (I'm not sure on that one, though...). Wonderful miniatures! Wonderful paintjobs. A pleasure looking at them! Keep them coming...
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline clam

• Scientist
    • Clamshells and Sea Horses
CO1 Fighter, thanks clam, do you have anymore conversions on the table? Still look at those fantastic Mindflayers once in a while.

You're welcome. Glad I could be of help. And for conversions. I'm rather immobilized these days, so 'no' - and converting ain't really a speciality of mine. I'm more a collector and  painter - and only rarely dare cutting/chopping my miniatures apart  :) The Mind Flayers were mainly done because no one could help me with the real stuff.

But hopefully I'll be back painting soon. A friendly soul in the US have provide me with an awesome box of Grenadier's Dwellers below - I really would like having painted.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 11:10:50 AM by clam »

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
Fantastic Damien! You've inspired me to shop ebay for this era of metal.

Thanks!
Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games