Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:32:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Punk AR:SE  (Read 1576 times)

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
Punk AR:SE
« on: January 15, 2011, 09:33:49 PM »
As in Steam Punk.  (I hope it translates well as we have a very similar term in the States, let me know if it doesn't) I read the Akula's AR:SE rules this week and have been stunned by the ellegant simplicity of them.  I've been looking for a game to paint some of the new Lead Adventure miniatures for for a while now.  I think this is it.  They make great heroic Zombie hunters.

I've also been looking for an excuse to paint some Zombiesmith Grey aliens for a while now as well.  So here's the idea:
  • Grey aliens have been lurking in Ireland and the Scottish Highlands turning the locals into zombie like thralls as they prepare to take over the world
  • Our Victoian Heroes are dispatched to fight them and stem the flow, as it's circa 1885 or so.
  • I will replace the Liches/Witches with pyschic greys, no rules change
  • I will replace the Tanks with greys with ray guns, increasing the range to 20'
  • I will replace the zombie hordes with flying saucers that are droping thralls/zombies, no rules change
  • I would like to add some sort of Grey leader, any suggestions for rules for a powerful bad guy leader?  I'd like it if he was killed, there was a disadvantage to the bad guys, maybe no more recycling or all zombies/thralls stop for a compete turn?

Any ideas for special rules for these two?  (they are in the mail as of two days ago)

Thanks for any creative input.

Fergal

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
Re: Punk AR:SE
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 10:33:11 PM »
I really should have charged people for these.....

Seriously though, i'm glad you like the rules, and wish you luck with your project....of course, if you ever decide to publish them for profit, i'll sue your AR:SE.....

;) lol

Best advice is to be ruthless with any extra rules - try to keep to the double-side page of A4, so if you add a rule, you've got to ask yourself the following questions:

1) Does it keep the game flowing?
2) Does it keep the game balanced?
2) Is it in keeping with the character of the game you want?

If the answer isn't yes to all three questions, then don't use it.

Have fun - I'll watch how this develops with interest.

:)

Offline fergal

• Mad Scientist
    • Crossover Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 10:57:25 PM »
No worries mate, if they ever get distributed, you can add them to your blog. I'm a solo gamer in the wilds of Vermont. No megalomaniacal dreams of a publishing empire, just a desire to play greys and VSF on the same table. Solo.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 12:23:09 PM »
I know mate - was joking.

:D