Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:42:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Stalingrad – Heroes All, the supplement to NUTS! and Eastern Front is available  (Read 4920 times)

Offline SBMiniaturesGuy

• Mad Scientist
    • SBMiniguys Blog for all things OstFront
The latest NUTS! supplement, Stalingrad: Heroes All, is now available from Two Hour Wargames.

Stalingrad - Heroes All!

Stalingrad is a name synonymous with great sacrifice, and as a cautionary -- the graveyard of ambition. A Soviet arsenal city and gateway to the Caucasus, in 1942 Stalingrad became the focal point of one of the pivotal battles of the Second World War - a battle that, but for Hitler's ego and poor military decisions, may never have happened. Hitler originally planned to drive Army Group South into the Caucasus to seize the Soviet oil supply, but instead he drove much of it into destruction amidst the lethal ruins of Stalingrad.

Stalingrad: Heroes All is a supplement for NUTS! 2nd Edition. Although intended to be played from the German side, Stalingrad: Heroes All plays just as well from the Soviet side. It can also be played solo, cooperatively with all players on the same side or head to head.

Packed with 22 linked scenarios, this book covers a variety of small-unit and medium-sized actions from lunges across the Russia steppes during Fall Blau, to short sharp fights in the rubble of the Rattenkrieg, to desperate struggles for survival during the Kessel. This book also introduces several new unit types, hero characters and morale advantages.

Lead a tank charge across the steppes. Scramble for food in a ruined basement. Drive your foe into (or away from!) the Volga. It's all up to you.

What will you do when you face the hell of Stalingrad: Heroes All??

Stalingrad - Heroes All is not a stand-alone game. You must have the core rules, NUTS! - Europe 1944, to play.

http://www.angelfire.com/az3/twohourwargames/Stalingrad.htm

http://sbminisguy.wordpress.com/
Play the game, not the players!
http://sbminisguy.wordpress.com/
Author for THW/NUTS, Rebel Minis, HR Games

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
I do not want ot be pedantic...

but Rostov is the gateway of caucasus...
"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com

Offline Faber

• Mastermind
  • onnivorous painter
    • Faber Ambitious Mordheim Project
just a question: is that book enough to play? or I need an other rulebook too? seems really interesting!

Offline midismirnoff

• Mad Scientist
Sorry Faber, it's an add-on to Nuts 2.0. You can try Chain Reaction 3.0 which is free and shares Nuts' mechanics.
Instagram profile: the_mediocre_wargamer

Offline Faber

• Mastermind
  • onnivorous painter
    • Faber Ambitious Mordheim Project
hola midismirnoff (pretty weird to talk with you online and in english  :D). The link in your post doesn't work for me  :(
by the way, is it a funny game? Does it have something in common with JAR?

PS. Saw your fantagreek blog: AMAZING.

Offline midismirnoff

• Mad Scientist
THW's downloads don't seem to be working to me too. Nuts is a great game, quite hard to fully understand (I didn't) and with a special flavor. The Action-Reaction system is funny, but can be frustrating when you don't get your models to do what you'd like them to.

And thanks for the greeks.

Offline SBMiniaturesGuy

• Mad Scientist
just a question: is that book enough to play? or I need an other rulebook too? seems really interesting!

Hi,
You could use the source material and scenarios for any skirmish system (Disposable Heroes, Battleground WW2, etc.), and ignore the unit stats and rules if you want.  The book is divided into several sections:

1. Background on the Stalingrad campaign from Fall Blau to Operation Uranus
2. Background on the two units of focus -- the 16th Panzer Division and 126th Rifle Division
3. Specific units, reinforcements and rules for the campaign
4. 22 scenarios. Each campaign section with 6-10 linked scenarios per, Fall Blau (6); Rattenkrieg (10); Operation Uranus (6)

Some of the rules refer back to NUTS and the Clash of Titans Eastern Front book, but again, you can use this book with any skirmish system. I'd be happy to answer any additional questions. Oh, and there will be a free download up soon at the Two Hour Wargames site with a minicampaign based on the "Black Devils" at Stalingrad.
Best,
-John-

Offline midismirnoff

• Mad Scientist
So it does look bigger than Peiper (which was simply fantastic itself)!

Offline sepoy1857

• Mastermind
  • Wherever Duty Calls...
    • The Devil's Wind
This sounds good; do they have plans to do more Eastern Front scenario books? I'd like to see one done for the Siege of Leningrad and the battles in that area; Karelia, the Baltic states, also the drive on Moscow in 41/42 would be very interesting.
All The Best
Scott Dallimore
Kent-Essex Gaming Society
http://kent-essexgaming.ca/

Offline SBMiniaturesGuy

• Mad Scientist
Hi,
On my to-do list at present are a Kursk book and a Partisan book which includes campaign options for Eastern Front partisan actions. A Poland '39 book is also in draft which focuses on Hubal's cavalry actions. The Stalingrad book is unique in that it's the first dedicated Stalingrad skirmish campaign book that I'm aware of for any skirmish system, so it was breaking new ground. I'm a little reluctant to do Early War given the large number of Skirmish Campaigns books that cover those.  SK did a Kursk series, but the book planned for NUTS! would expand on the use or AFVs in the NUTS! system as well as provide campaign scenarios.

What mid-late war campaigns do you think are under represented?

This sounds good; do they have plans to do more Eastern Front scenario books? I'd like to see one done for the Siege of Leningrad and the battles in that area; Karelia, the Baltic states, also the drive on Moscow in 41/42 would be very interesting.

Offline ThorsHammer

• Assistant
SB,

One complaint/request on the Stalingrad book.

The maps are kind of small. Would you be able to post larger versions to the Yahoo group?

Other than that, nice work!

Offline SBMiniaturesGuy

• Mad Scientist
Thanks! I will post larger versions of the maps showing movement & battles of 16th Panzer. The "Front" maps are re-creations of maps that can be found in many places, but I had to rebuild them for copyright purposes. The 16th Panzer maps were created based on my research and interpretation of that unit's actions and battles -- accounts from books, or their position marked on a map (I have Glantz's Atlas of Fall Blau, for example, with copies of German maps -- some have 16th PzD marked down). Also, place names have changed, and in some cases villages simply don't exist, so I think the maps I map are reflective of 16th Panzer's operations, though not precise (since no precise maps of their movement exists as far as I know).

The skirmish battle maps are also based as much as possible on real terrain, photos and using Google Earth in some cases.
Best,
-John-

SB,

One complaint/request on the Stalingrad book.

The maps are kind of small. Would you be able to post larger versions to the Yahoo group?

Other than that, nice work!

Offline ThorsHammer

• Assistant
Enlarging the Scenario maps would be most helpful.

Offline SBMiniaturesGuy

• Mad Scientist
I just posted larger-sized 16th Panzer Division campaign maps at the THW Yahoo Group, as well as a set of Russian and German Stalingrad campaign specific Enemy Contact Tables for solo play.