Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:44:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691078
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Sculptor Needs Inspiration (or Ispiration?)  (Read 1984 times)

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
Sculptor Needs Inspiration (or Ispiration?)
« on: April 02, 2009, 11:24:35 PM »
Hi everyone!

Probably I never introduced myself, since I'm on this forum since february...
I'm Sangennaru, a 19-years old guy from Milano, Italy, And I have a really big project, but the problem is that I haven't discovered yet what this project actually is.
I have been sculpting scenarios and studying tecniques for several years, and I have quite an high skill on modelling scenic objects. The problem is that I have no motivation for sculpting, and i REALLY would like to create some resin producs for a certain miniature setting (and maybe a whole line of products).

The point is: What setting? What scale? Which kind of stuff should I do? I'm pretty experienced in all the settings, but I never finished a whole work, because here in milan I can't find other modelist, so I'm almost alone in my modelling madness...  :-X :-X :-X

Then, please... Can you just tell me some suggestions? I have to choose a period, and I will really appreciate any kind of Idea, collaboration, or even drwing or something similar...
I already have contacted midismirnoff (another italian in this forum), but he didn't answer me yet.

Remember that I cannot sculpt figures, only scenics... I know it should seem strange, but it's the truth... I never experienced on sculpting humans, so i build houses, ruins, and also sci-fi/steampunk, but not figures... But I'm still joung, isn't it? :)

Sorry for my bad english... and thanks for your replies!
Jack

EDIT: maybe this topic is in the wrong section... In the case, please mods move me! :) thansk! :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 11:29:02 PM by Sangennaru »

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Sculptor Needs Inspiration (or Ispiration?)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 01:43:20 PM »
Jack,

Why not do a range of nice Italian buildings? Some companies make some very generic ones that are meant to be for Itany and Spain, but I do not know of anyone making nice dedicated Italian buildings.

I have started collecting the excellent 28mm "Wars of the French Revolution" Range from Eureka with the aim of playing out actions from the 1796-1800 period in northern Italy, so 28mm would be my personal preference. I think you could easily make buildings that would fit from the 1790s right through WW2 though.

Have you contacted the Ganesha Games folks? http://www.ganeshagames.blogspot.com/ They are in Italy, although I am not sure what region. This site http://users.iafrica.com/w/wa/wargames/OEWeb/links.htm Lists some wargames clubs in Italy. The link for the Milanese club (I Condottieri) seems to be dead, but maybe the club still exists?

Anyway, good luck with your search for a project!

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 10:25:38 AM »
so you mean an historical line? and what scale? do you think many persons would be interested? :)

I'm not so entusiastic to sculpt italian houses... maybe it is because i see them everyday, everytime... :)

Offline cianty

• Scientist
    • cianty's Tabletop Wargames Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 10:35:51 AM »
Do you have any pictures of what you have done so far? I'd love to see some of scenery. :)

Offline Sangennaru

• Galactic Brain
  • The Lazy One
    • The Lazy Forger
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 10:58:37 AM »
I have to do that... I have some resin stuff done, but they're not finished... they was jus to train some techniques... :)

I'll take some photos, I'll post them in a couple of hours (I'm quite busy right now... :-\)

really, is it the right section to pos this topic?

Offline Ramshackle_Curtis

• Mastermind
    • http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 11:52:52 AM »
Well, if you do world war stuff, historical accurate buildings, italian stuff would fit in. I would think about either 15mm or 28mm scale.

If its sci-fi or steam punk, Id go with 28mm.

I think 28mm is pretty much the biggest market.