Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:44:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Royal Navy vs Chinese Rebels  (Read 8052 times)

Offline Phil Robinson

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://newsfromthefront-phil.blogspot.com/
Re: Royal Navy vs Chinese Rebels
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 12:05:31 AM »
Spiffing stuff Paul, always wondered where all the stirrers go to.

Offline Mycenius

• Bookworm
  • Megalomania?! What's that...?
    • Wargaming.info
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 06:19:31 AM »
Paul - Looks simply wonderful old chap! Absolutely Spiffing as Phil observed.  8)

May I enquire?

• Is the Gunboat one from the UK Chaps on EBay who also do the big long cargo paddle-steamers and little motor boats? I ask as I have one of them too and yours looks very heavily modified and detailed as a friend of mine observed?
  • I would very much appreciate knowing where you got the large cargo items (especially the tarpaulin wrapped cargo objects and the long crates), and the lovely looking individual barrels of various types and the piles of junk/goods (e.g. in photo 3) - I suppose you are going to tell me you hand-made them all yourself?  :o

Jolly good show!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 06:25:50 AM by Mycenius »

Offline Paul Baker

• Lurker
    • Brush Strokes
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2011, 03:59:19 PM »
    Are the houses bought or built?

The buildings were purchased from Oshiro from his stock items but he made us some seperate ones aswell. We have 20 and can place them anywhere on the board for a different look.

• Is the Gunboat one from the UK Chaps on EBay who also do the big long cargo paddle-steamers and little motor boats? YES I ask as I have one of them too and yours looks very heavily modified and detailed as a friend of mine observed?
    CORRECT
    • I would very much appreciate knowing where you got the large cargo items (especially the tarpaulin wrapped cargo objects and the long crates), and the lovely looking individual barrels of various types and the piles of junk/goods (e.g. in photo 3) - I suppose you are going to tell me you hand-made them all yourself?  :o
    OH NO[/list] The majority of the items we think are from a firm called Ainsty and the barrels are a mix of Rackham/GW (seige defenders) etc.

Hope that helps
    Thanks for all the kind comments I will post on here again  :)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
      • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
    « Reply #18 on: January 28, 2011, 04:28:33 PM »
    Games like this are what wargaming is all about IMHO.

Gotta have good company too.

Brilliant stuff  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*.

Darrell.

Offline Mycenius

• Bookworm
    • Megalomania?! What's that...?
      • Wargaming.info
    « Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 11:39:27 PM »
    • Is the Gunboat one from the UK Chaps on EBay who also do the big long cargo paddle-steamers and little motor boats? I ask as I have one of them too and yours looks very heavily modified and detailed as a friend of mine observed?
    CORRECT

I thought I recognised it! I have one in my 3-vessel Nile gunboat fleet - and a friend of mine who is on here (6mmfan) is helping me out with my backlog of terrain and stuff, and is painting it up my gunboats for me including 1 like yours (the other 2 being the John Jenkins African River Steamer & the Old Glory Safieh) - so it's given us some extra ideas about detailing.  ;)

• I would very much appreciate knowing where you got the large cargo items (especially the tarpaulin wrapped cargo objects and the long crates), and the lovely looking individual barrels of various types and the piles of junk/goods (e.g. in photo 3) - I suppose you are going to tell me you hand-made them all yourself?  :o
    OH NO - The majority of the items we think are from a firm called Ainsty and the barrels are a mix of Rackham/GW (seige defenders) etc.

Cool - Thanks Mate - I shall investigate...   :)

BTW - have you posted a game using this terrain pictured somewhere else previously (last year or so)? I could have sworn I've seen the town/village with the wood surface before somewhere?

Anyway Jolly Good Effort Mate, Jolly Good!  8)

Offline KevR1025

• Student
      • Miniature Wargaming Geek
    « Reply #20 on: January 29, 2011, 12:06:50 AM »
    Beautiful game.  Great photos.

Thank you for sharing.

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
    « Reply #21 on: January 29, 2011, 01:03:56 AM »
    Most impressive for such a small board but fitting in well with the board sizes that LOTOW recommends/alludes to. Gives me thoughts on what to do with the ever growing group of Chinese Pirates I have. On Wed I got the Chinese Tong group from the former West Winds Cowboy Wars range, now OG I believe.  :P
    Cheers,
    Poiter50

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
    « Reply #22 on: January 29, 2011, 09:11:39 AM »
      The buildings were purchased from Oshiro from his stock items but he made us some seperate ones aswell. We have 20 and can place them anywhere on the board for a different look.
    I am surprised Jimbibbly has not been to comment on this thread, he is Oshiro.[/list]

Offline Galloping Major

• Scatterbrained Genius
      • www.gallopingmajorwargames.com
    « Reply #23 on: January 29, 2011, 12:11:54 PM »
    Brilliant, a joy to behold.  8)

www.gallopingmajorwargames.com

Offline HerbyF

• Mastermind
    • Why fear nightmares when you can be one
    « Reply #24 on: January 30, 2011, 09:52:19 AM »
    Great looking game & board. I just love seeing anything with 19th century Chinese. I think that is probably my favorite period & theme. Like your avatar too BTW.
    LHV 2015 +200 2016 +770 2017 +636 2018 +888 2019 +1015 2020 +656 2021 +174 2022 +220 2023 +312 2024 +95