Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:55:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690838
  • Total Topics: 118355
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Next T&T Supplement will be?  (Read 9629 times)

Offline Karl Wimper

• Student
Re: Next T&T Supplement will be?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 03:41:48 PM »
Thank you for that Chris.

What sort of forces (I mean units and quality ratings) did you use for your game in London?

I am aware of the scenario pack and we have played most of them ad nauseam  :P

I know what you mean with the ad hoc scenarios, that's how most our games work as well. I just thought that sometimes it would be nice to have a ready-made scenario that one can pull out of their hat when inspiration fails to come. Hence my suggestion regarding the scenario book.

I'd be very interested to see what you have done with the Freikorps and opponents, especially now that my mate is bringing out his new line of figures (see my post on the Interwar board).

Myself and other members of our club have provided Bjorn with feedback for the colonial supplement, so keep us in mind when you need/want playtesting for the interwar stuff...  ;)

Regards
Karl

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 05:36:05 PM »
Thank you for that Chris.

What sort of forces (I mean units and quality ratings) did you use for your game in London?

You can see some shots in my BLAM 2010 Gallery (starting on page 4). Basically, we all had a Hero figure each, plus two to three infantry units (one with an HMG) and one vehicle (or another infantry or cavalry unit). Quality varied to represent the force character, with most being Trained, some Raw and Veteran where it fitted (Bandits and Freikorps, respectively). Quality variation was usually balanced out by unit sizes.

I am aware of the scenario pack and we have played most of them ad nauseam  :P

I know what you mean with the ad hoc scenarios, that's how most our games work as well. I just thought that sometimes it would be nice to have a ready-made scenario that one can pull out of their hat when inspiration fails to come. Hence my suggestion regarding the scenario book.

I see what you mean. I'm always a bit torn with regard to T&T in that I don't want published materials to be too restrictive.

I'd be very interested to see what you have done with the Freikorps and opponents, especially now that my mate is bringing out his new line of figures (see my post on the Interwar board).

Myself and other members of our club have provided Bjorn with feedback for the colonial supplement, so keep us in mind when you need/want playtesting for the interwar stuff...  ;)

I almost fell off my chair with delight reading that one, although I have to say it will make me a bit sad NOT to be the only wargamer to own a 28mm "Hedi" anymore... ;)  lol

I'll be happy to send you some drafts for playtesting once I get the remaining lists done.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 08:59:38 PM »
Seriously  :D.

Happy to have a go at playing around with Medieval stuff if anyone is interested?

Darrell.

Ok Darrell...I`ll do my very best !

I could easily imagine using a T&T variant for a Viking raid  :D

Offline airbornegrove26

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 03:34:49 AM »
Viking raid huh.  Many people have been posting dark ages genre.  Lt. Hazel comes to mind.  I also have been working on a dark ages army myself, sitting there ready to paint.  Who knows a little motivation could always help.... hint, hint Bjorn.  =)

Offline Mr Brown

• Scientist
    • Speartips and Spaceships
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 09:53:16 PM »
Glad to hear that our club website (Aberdeen Wargames Club) reaches far and wide.
It's fair to say we play more than our fair share of games with T&T so anything new will likely be lapped up irrespective of setting!  ;D
Seriously though, exploring more interwar settings would be dandy. I'd personally love to see a book similar to the colonial expansion; a couple of tweaks or special rules and maybe some specific lists by geography for instance.
Karl and I were discussing this evening and thought Revolution as a catch all might be a good way to go. Heck I know the whole VBCW war thing is big over here in Britainland so could also snare in some more players with that as well.
I'd like to see traits for assault troops. Maybe bonuses in combat or reduced suppression as they know their fate and glory awaits! Also quirks with homemade weapon like molotovs as well as rockets and simple guns.
Ok I'll stop whittering now...

Offline cram

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 02:30:06 PM »
Any plans for supplements covering Darkest Africa and The Italo-Ethiopian War of 1935-36? The idea of a supplement covering the Dark Ages is appealing too!

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 05:23:07 PM »
yep, there are thoughts about those topics Cram !
, ,

Offline cram

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 05:41:36 PM »
Thats great news your thinking on it  :)

To be honest, I've yet to play a game with T&T. I've only owned the main rules and Colonial supplement for a day, but have given them a good read through and can see me using them alot. Great looking books by the way.

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 05:44:01 PM »
Thank you !