Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:14:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2548 times)

Offline Osbad

• Lurker
Hello
« on: January 31, 2011, 02:08:01 PM »
The welcome message says I need to post something in the first four weeks or my account will be deleted.  I'm more of a lurker (pun intended...) than a poster, so I thought I'd better post something now or I'd likely forget and get deleted!

Anyhoo, just to say I got hold of the Strange Aeons rules last week and really like them.  So much I had to get stuck into painting up some snakemen cultists right away!

Right.  That's done.

Now I'm off for a browse..!
Cheers
Paul

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 03:24:37 PM »
Nice...I need to buy some serpentmen or a pack of ghouls.  Like the colors too.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 05:00:09 PM by gauntman »
"Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small  boy....I keep it in a jar on my desk."
                ----- Robert Bloch------

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 03:52:59 PM »
excellent work, and welcome.

regards

jim
Cult of the black goat cultist No.10

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 10:20:54 PM »
lookin' good! Nice to know you are out there!  :)

Offline jnr

• Scientist
    • Jnr Paint & Model Shop
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 12:19:03 AM »
Welcome to the forum

Offline widgren

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 04:25:35 PM »
wellcome!
nice serpentmen you got going:)

Offline Anatoli

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 04:51:16 PM »
Hi and welcome, nice Serpentmen  :)

Have you tried out the game yet?

Offline Osbad

• Lurker
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 12:01:40 PM »
Thanks for the welcome guys.

I haven't tried out the game yet, but its slotted into the schedule.  Due to family and other commitments (I've got 3 kids, a wife and a full time job) I get one game in a week, and I've been playing games for years, so have numerous sysems to support ;)

Painting's started though, as you can see, although now the snakemen are done, it'll be back to finishing off my Mantic undead for the time being.

Cheers
Paul

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 02:24:04 PM »
(I've got 3 kids, a wife and a full time job) I get one game in a week, and

I feel a real kinship to you pal.  I've got 3 kids too.  Fortunately, my two boys are entering gaming age.  I love it. 

Of course, it's a bit humbling that my oldest boy is whipping my pants in Strange Aeons but hey...that's ok.  He also wants to start painting his own miniatures.  It's hard for me to feel alright with anyone touching my paint and brushes though.  And I don't exactly have miniatures just sitting around that I want anyone else slapping paint on...  OK maybe I have issues..   ::)

Offline Ramirez Noname

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 10:20:07 PM »
Hi Osbad,

Nice serpent men, and welcome to LAF

Know what you mean about family, work and one night gaming  ;) I'm a "newbie" to Strange Aeons as well - my copy arrived on Tuesday and I still haven't had a chance to open the covers yet.

Ramirez

Offline Osbad

• Lurker
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 02:35:34 PM »
I feel a real kinship to you pal.  I've got 3 kids too.  Fortunately, my two boys are entering gaming age.  I love it. 

Of course, it's a bit humbling that my oldest boy is whipping my pants in Strange Aeons but hey...that's ok.  He also wants to start painting his own miniatures.  It's hard for me to feel alright with anyone touching my paint and brushes though.  And I don't exactly have miniatures just sitting around that I want anyone else slapping paint on...  OK maybe I have issues..   ::)

My two lads (8 and 9) are both gamers.  The youngest likes GW's Lord of the Rings and the older one likes 40k, so I do get to game with them too (and it counts as "family time" not "me time", so I'm onto a winner there!)  It does eat into my painting time though as I keep helping them by building and painting some of the more complicated stuff they get for Christmas or birthdays.  The 9 year old has his own brushes and does paint up the grunts for his army, but the 8 year-old is too lazy to do anything much with a brush (takes after his dad does that one!!)

I'm I'm not disclosing my W/L record against the lads.  What is it with pre-teens and outrageously reliable dice luck?

Offline einarolafson

• Mastermind
    • Einar Olafson Painting
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 07:20:52 PM »
Nice painting!! Wellcome!!

Offline bustapc

• Assistant
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 05:51:34 AM »
I'm glad I read this, I didn't realize the 4 week deadline for posting!