Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:17:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Lead Painters' League Season 5 Rules  (Read 71723 times)

Offline answer_is_42

• Mastermind
  • Mostly Harmless.
Re: Lead Painters' League Season 5 Rules
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2011, 08:37:43 PM »
I'll certianly try to take part, although being at uni probably means I won't be able to have something new out every round.
The film one'll be tricky. Might just repost my A-Team figures and hope no-one notices. ::)
I told you so. You damned fools.
 - H.G. Wells

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2011, 05:24:22 PM »
May you use miniatures that have been shown on your blog as WIP?

Greets,
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2011, 06:56:53 PM »
May you use miniatures that have been shown on your blog as WIP?

Greets,

To undercoated stage only.
The problem is, if we say we allow partially painted figures to count as new, where do you draw the line?
So I'm afraid it has to be, if the figures have been shown anywhere before, even part painted, then they do not qualify for 'newly painted' bonus points.

Please gents, help me out here, this is becoming a little tiring! Just paint some new figures would you, and stop trying to figure out ways of using your old stuff!  ;)
 :)

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2011, 07:51:52 PM »
I think maybe that for some of us, the lead mountain is already too daunting and not properly painted enough, so rather than getting new figures and painting them from scratch, we'd rather find a way of using some of the figures that we've started and not finished. It's not about using old stuff, it's about not starting yet another project when we have so many uncompleted.

Or maybe it's only me that has hundreds of partly painted minis lying about... 

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2011, 08:03:51 PM »
To undercoated stage only.
The problem is, if we say we allow partially painted figures to count as new, where do you draw the line?
So I'm afraid it has to be, if the figures have been shown anywhere before, even part painted, then they do not qualify for 'newly painted' bonus points.

Please gents, help me out here, this is becoming a little tiring! Just paint some new figures would you, and stop trying to figure out ways of using your old stuff!  ;)
 :)

Sorry, for tiring you but's only a pitty that I've posted my partially painted African bearers on my blog which can serve for both the first bonus round and the fifth. Being a student I don't have a massive amount of unpainted lead, stashed away in the darkest corners of my dwelling  :)

Greets, and again sorry for the inconvience.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2011, 08:36:44 PM »
Sorry, for tiring you but's only a pitty that I've posted my partially painted African bearers on my blog which can serve for both the first bonus round and the fifth.

Actually, it's either/or as to the rounds. If you showed them for the civilian round, they wouldn't qualify as "new" for the fifth round and therefore wouldn't incur the bonus.

The thing is that there should not be a precedent, and previous experience shows that some take every opportunity to kick up a ruckus about perceived injustices.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2011, 10:46:45 PM »
The intent of the rules is clear enough. Newly painted teams, which have not been previously shown in a painted or part painted state (in which case, they would by definition, not be newly painted for the LPL) get 'newly painted' team bonus points.

I sympathize if you have piles of half-painted figures lying around which you have previously published. If you finish them, you can of course enter them in the LPL, but they don't qualify for newly painted bonus points if they are not genuinely newly painted. That's the rule.   

Offline Muskie

• Scientist
  • Purple and Green are the only colours you need.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2011, 02:24:45 AM »
Not that I expect to win.  But if I have something lets say a Bloodbowl team I've never shown on Lead Adventure forum, but may have been photographed somewhere else by someone, but obviously not the official five, say in-game shots or whatever, is that OK?

Do Bloodbowl players count as non-combatants, they don't have guns or melee weapons.  ;-)

Online Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2011, 09:35:49 AM »
Is the LPL's rule interpretation always this traumatic?   o_o
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2011, 09:49:11 AM »

Where have you been the last four years?  lol

Offline Overlord

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Top Geezer
    • The Sweeney
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2011, 09:52:52 AM »
Increasingly so.... ::)
Just take 5 (or more) minatures, paint, photograph, repeat 9 times. Its not rocket surgery.  ;)
2024 Lead Tally: Acq: 013 Ptd: 055  Total: +042
2023 Lead Tally: Acq: 560 Ptd: 056  Total: -504
2009-22 Tally:  Acq: 3293 Ptd: 905  Total: -2388

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2011, 09:59:00 AM »
I must note, though, that this year I am under the impression that people display a certain troll-like perseverance in asking, essentially, the same question over and over again.

Seriously, I thought I worded that cleary in the rules, and Richard defined "painted and previously shown" as "beyond the undercoat stage".

Also, some people don't seem to understand that having shown them previously elsewhere does NOT make figures ineligible for the competition. It just means you won't get the 10 "New Team" bonus points, or the "Theme" bonus points for the special rounds. I suspect people overestimate the importance of these bonus points. Personally, I think the major advantage of having an "unseen" entry for a round is that it increases your winning chances due to the novelty factor.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2011, 11:02:00 AM »
But if I have something lets say a Bloodbowl team I've never shown on Lead Adventure forum, but may have been photographed somewhere else by someone, but obviously not the official five, say in-game shots or whatever, is that OK?

Strictly, according to the rules, no. Although if you have one or two figures which have inadvertently been snapped 'in-game' and posted somewhere else, and you include those in your LPL team, then I can't imagine anyone is going to notice or object.

Do Bloodbowl players count as non-combatants, they don't have guns or melee weapons.  ;-)

But they are combatants in the game, right? Not bystanders. And as part of a uniformed team, not strictly civilian either. So on balance, that's a no.

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2011, 11:30:12 AM »
I'll try to take part this time and I think it'll be easiest to just go ahead and paint something. I might have the advantage of having lots of... decently... painted models around which I've never photographed before. I'll try to paint new models but I'm sure, one or two older models will slip in. Oh, and since I'm planning on painting a few goblins or orcs from the Lord of the Rings range and have posted some battlereports with them before I hereby promise that the models I'll show here will all be newly painted ones. Trust me, it's me... trust me anyway.  ;)
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline answer_is_42

• Mastermind
  • Mostly Harmless.
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2011, 02:57:30 PM »
Its not rocket surgery.  ;)

Good point; what if I was to paint a team of rocket surgeons? Would their various tools etc count as weapons? Does the rocket count as terrain or a model? Could I use them in the Africa round if I said they were flying to Africa?

:D