Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:47:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690981
  • Total Topics: 118361
  • Online Today: 706
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Lead Painters' League Season 5  (Read 119692 times)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Re: The Lead Painters' League Season 5
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2011, 02:35:41 PM »
I took the liberty to post a newsflash about LPL5 over at TGN.

Offline Muskie

• Scientist
  • Purple and Green are the only colours you need.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2011, 02:21:49 AM »
Saw it, still not sure what noncoms I could paint.  Do Zombies count as non-combatants?  I have so many things I need to paint, I volunteered to run a game at a con so I have to make sure everything is OK and looking good for that, plus find time to run a test game...

With Orks and Goblins getting a new book, I wouldn't be surprised if I painted something for that army, alas they don't really fit into fives...  I have to read the fine print about stuff that I've painted before the competition starts again...

Offline Tomsche

• Mastermind
  • Crescat Scientia, Vita Excolatur
    • Società di archeologia e cimeli
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2011, 09:04:00 AM »
Finally got the more or less definitive `planned` list made up now, after scrumaging through bits boxes, digging in heaps of the Lead Mountain mountainchain and sponsoring archeological expeditions to the bottom of the pile.

Three more weeks now and I can start painting for the LPL hoozaaah (nothing fancy, i just try for myself to always do things in the week in between each round, not to prepare in advance apart from opening from blisters and gluing parts together - yes, I`m weird  lol)

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2011, 11:32:37 AM »
Saw it, still not sure what noncoms I could paint.  Do Zombies count as non-combatants?  I have so many things I need to paint, I volunteered to run a game at a con so I have to make sure everything is OK and looking good for that, plus find time to run a test game...

With Orks and Goblins getting a new book, I wouldn't be surprised if I painted something for that army, alas they don't really fit into fives...  I have to read the fine print about stuff that I've painted before the competition starts again...

I'm afraid not. Any combatants of any kind involved in a conflict are not considered civilians. Civilians are the innocent bystanders in the background that really can't harm a fly.
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline HerbyF

• Mastermind
  • Why fear nightmares when you can be one
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2011, 11:44:47 AM »
I'm in. Round 1 & 5 already planned & on the painting table. Just don't know what I will do for round 10 yet. I have to get all the bonus points I can just to keep me off the bottom.
LHV 2015 +200 2016 +770 2017 +636 2018 +888 2019 +1015 2020 +656 2021 +174 2022 +220 2023 +312 2024 +109

Offline Byzantane

• Lurker
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2011, 03:47:02 PM »
Just signed up for the site- and off course I'll join the league!

I love the themed rounds, makes me paint mini's I wouldn't otherwise and keep it a week's worth. Now to find them...

Gentlemen (and ladies) I shall see you on the field.
Thought beget's heresy

Offline pierrebi

• Scientist
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2011, 03:58:48 PM »
I'm afraid not. Any combatants of any kind involved in a conflict are not considered civilians. Civilians are the in the background that really can't harm a fly.

If Little Red Riding Hood, her grandmother, wolf and huntsman are combatants can be mummy an innocent bystander?

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2011, 04:22:24 PM »
If Little Red Riding Hood, her grandmother, wolf and huntsman are combatants can be mummy an innocent bystander?

As long as she doesn't try to safe her little daughter I'd say yes.  :D
I think this discussion is kind of fruitless as the good captain has already written everything there is to say about it.

Offline JMGraham

• Librarian
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2011, 08:31:45 PM »
Looking forward to another round of LPL.  I'm quite happy to write off my productivity on Mondays, as I eagerly check the entrants and revisit favorites!

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2011, 08:42:54 PM »
Looking forward to another round of LPL.  I'm quite happy to write off my productivity on Mondays, as I eagerly check the entrants and revisit favorites!

That excuse won't run with your boss this time - this year, stuff will go up on Sunday (which I applaud wholeheartedly, gives an extra "jolt" to, in my book, an otherwise quiet day).

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2011, 09:55:18 PM »
Another Lead Painters' League, I love it! I missed out on LPL4 because I didn't really have time at the moment it started, but this time I'm armed and ready! I really like the bonus rounds and I think I can find something that fits in my collection and in the bonus themes. Time to get started! 8)
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2011, 10:17:14 PM »
Just signed up for the site- and off course I'll join the league!

I love the themed rounds, makes me paint mini's I wouldn't otherwise and keep it a week's worth. Now to find them...

Gentlemen (and ladies) I shall see you on the field.

Welcome on LAF Byzantane. You won’t regret entering the LPL it’s a really friendly comp and it does force you to paint more figures in a relatively short time 8)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2011, 11:40:19 PM »
Seems to be a lot of people saying they are going to enter this year. How many do me think we will have this year.

Offline valleyboy

• Mad Scientist
    • Valleyboy's Wargames
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2011, 09:30:29 AM »
You've still got a few weeks until the start. Do those four later round entries now.

Thanks for the encouragement Gents

I think I could manage 6 entries before I leave and maybe one on my return. Have to buy some civillians and something new from Africa ( I wanted both anyway) and get cracking, have enough other stuff lying around in the painting queue will just try and paint 5 of each rather than finish whole units like I normally would do o_o
I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colours. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns. - Winston Churchill

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2011, 10:04:14 AM »
Nobody will mind if you have a few repeat entries. Better to have six or seven entries from you than none.  :)
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...