Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:17:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690736
  • Total Topics: 118344
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: When The Navy Walked - Available Now!  (Read 2993 times)

Offline watchtower78

• Scientist
    • Dastardly Designed Games
When The Navy Walked - Available Now!
« on: February 05, 2011, 07:18:41 PM »
When The Navy Walked, the Victorian Science Fiction game is now available from your retailers! Our main miniature line is behind carried by Rebel Minis and our Machines and Capital units are being produced by Jeff at Die WaffenKammer. Check out www.whenthenavywalked.com or www.armchairgeneral1.blogspot.com for more information!

Coming in Spring 2011 - WTNW: Conflict on Mars!
Imagine a world very similar to ERB's Barsoom but with the Great Powers attempting to colonize the planet. Imagine the Overlords are watching the Great Powers as they attempt to bring the Red and Green Martians under their rule. Imaging the Grays as they set about doing their master's bidding and imagine a race of White Martians whose telepathic prowess gives them an edge over the other created Martians. Mars - a planet embroiled in a struggle for dominance.

Coming in Winter 2011 - WTNW: Airpirates
They came from beneath the Earth to dominate our skies! Now the Great Powers must contend with the invaders from below.

Coming next year - WTNW: Skirmish & Small Unit Tactics
This is the 28mm small unit tactics game set in the WTNW universe. WTNW S&SUT still uses the innovative command in control system but it has rules specific for a skirmish level game that uses stats based on weapon type and the unit type. We are working very hard to produce a line of VSF products that you are proud to play. In so doing we are looking for serious playtesters. Email me at thearmchairgeneral@whenthenavywalked.com for more information!

Offline Wolfslord

• Librarian
Re: When The Navy Walked - Available Now!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 08:05:46 PM »
From a first short glimpse, I have to say that the rules sound very interesting. I just downloaded the "alternative Rourkes Drift", great idea  :D

Just some clarification questions:

1. For 15mm: Is there a base size you recommend for normal infantry (for Conflict on Mars)?

2. The landships that Waffenkammer will produce, are they going to be in 15mm or 28mm ? The latter would be a shame.

3. Same question concerning the airships: 15mm oder 28mm ?

4. What is the minium army size ?

I ask because I got a lot of 15mm British Colonials lying arround that really want to be used for three different games (Zulu Wars, Sudan, VSF).
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 08:08:37 PM by Wolfslord »
My (work in progress) Wargaming Blog:
http://wwpd-wargaming-blog.blogspot.com/

Offline watchtower78

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 08:30:09 PM »
Wolfslord,

Thank you so much for your feedback. To answer your questions.

I use 3/4  X 1 1/2 (ART) stands from http://www.wargameaccessories.com/Products.htm for my infantry stands and it is similarly recommended basing for the game.

The landships and airships will be both 15mm and in 28mm (28mm will obviously be much more expensive but we want to offer them too)

The book bases armies three figures to a stand with four stands comprising a 'unit'. This represents about a battalion of infantry. There are four or five ground units per army including one or two special infantry units, two or so machine units and one capital unit per army.

In WTNW Core (which is available as a pdf download right now from wargamevault.com and will be available from your local retailer (and my site when I setup the paypal) there are ten army lists and the build rules for making your own army.

I really wish you great gaming in your VSF adventurers in WTNW!

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 09:04:38 PM »
It would be cool if the miniatures were 18mm then they would fit in with the Martian empires and Eureka stuff.

Offline watchtower78

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 10:13:27 PM »
The Martian figures are 18mm but the European are 15mm. You can still use Martian EMpires figures. In fact, For the Overlords the Martians from ME work well. ALso, I've played and enjoyed ME. You can use the Tripod stats from Conflict on Mars for your ME Tripods. They did a good job IMHO with those rules.

Edit: Actually I THINK the Martians are 18mm but the Europeans are 15mm IIRC that was the scale that Tom ran when we played. In either case, WTNW is written for stands not for figure scale so any size figures works as long as they are based the same on both sides.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 10:24:14 PM by watchtower78 »

Offline watchtower78

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 10:14:18 PM »
Also, I've spoken with Nic and we will be doing the WTNW stats for the Eureka Line as well.

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 12:13:44 AM »
OK sounds good sign me up

Offline Wolfslord

• Librarian
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 08:57:29 AM »
Those miniatures here could be used quite well as some Martian or Venusian race:

Less blurry pics in their shop on the left.

http://www.micropanzer.com/album1%202011_003.htm

Offline swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 11:42:00 AM »
Any pictures yet off what the Martians will look like?

Offline watchtower78

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 06:50:16 PM »
I will put some out on my site. We haven't done the miniature sculpts for them yet. Right now though the Grays are available from Rebel Minis (he'll put them up there this week on his site).