Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:57:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691075
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 727
Total: 733

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 04/25/24 Mushroom & Mini-Me Mushroom Done!  (Read 1168675 times)

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 10/3/15:The Return of Stump Man
« Reply #2850 on: October 07, 2015, 12:22:55 AM »
Nothing short of magnificent. The mushrooms are great but I like these are even better.
I might nick your arboreal ideas - if that's fine with you, of course - and turn them into a more, dark variety reflecting my inner se... as evil, dark, slightly chaotic terrain.
Great stuff!
Leadhead

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2851 on: October 07, 2015, 02:00:55 AM »
Nothing short of magnificent. The mushrooms are great but I like these are even better.
I might nick your arboreal ideas - if that's fine with you, of course - and turn them into a more, dark variety reflecting my inner se... as evil, dark, slightly chaotic terrain.
Great stuff!

Thanks for the kind reply, Duncan. Feel free to take any ideas you like & make them your own. If you have any how-to questions, I'd be delighted to answer them for you.Have FUN with your twisted trees!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #2852 on: October 07, 2015, 12:34:03 PM »
That's grand DeafNala! The twisted finger branches are a very nice touch, right in the sweet spot between branches and fingers. 8) 8)

He honestly looks sad... Must have been because he was neglected on the work bench (glad mine don't have grumpy faces looking at me!).. I like the skull. Haha. Who put that there? Better question, who fought past his wailing arms to reach that spot?

Does he have an engraved graffiti "x was here" on his backside? ;) lol cause he could! lol lol lol

Cheers
Matt

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2853 on: October 07, 2015, 01:31:15 PM »
That's grand DeafNala! The twisted finger branches are a very nice touch, right in the sweet spot between branches and fingers. 8) 8)

He honestly looks sad... Must have been because he was neglected on the work bench (glad mine don't have grumpy faces looking at me!).. I like the skull. Haha. Who put that there? Better question, who fought past his wailing arms to reach that spot?

Does he have an engraved graffiti "x was here" on his backside? ;) lol cause he could! lol lol lol

Cheers
Matt

Thanks, Matt...glad you like them. Looking at some of the other Tree Folk I've done, none of them are happy. THey either sad of angry...I'll have to do a merry one some time.
The skull was probably put there by the Tree Guy himself as a sort of adornment like a bow or a beret...or a not to discreet warning.
The carving is an idea. I had one that had a poster hanging from a nail; directly below was the skeletal remains of some ill advised zealot.

I should finish up the last of the W.K. Pistoleers later today with possible photos on the manana...or not

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #2854 on: October 07, 2015, 09:45:12 PM »
That explains why the kings edict didn't get further than the forest surrounding the capital ;) I'd suggest his heralds take a course in identifying ents from trees lol lol

You could do one of those love heart graffiti, with two skeletons below ;)

Cheers
Matt.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2855 on: October 08, 2015, 12:19:58 AM »
You could do one of those love heart graffiti, with two skeletons below ;)

Cheers
Matt.

I really like that. Wouldn't that make a cool St. Valentine's Day vignette?

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #2856 on: October 08, 2015, 09:06:59 AM »
Oh it certainly has enough "bah humbug" suitable for the day  lol

Offline Schrumpfkopf

• Mad Scientist
    • Westfalia Miniatures
« Reply #2857 on: October 08, 2015, 09:41:42 AM »
I just love the treemen. There's so much atmosphere and story telling in every image!  :)
westfaliaminiatures.com - proper stuff in 28mm

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2858 on: October 08, 2015, 01:23:30 PM »
Oh it certainly has enough "bah humbug" suitable for the day  lol

All things considered, St. Valentine's is more deserving of a Bah humbug than Christmas although just marginally.

I just love the treemen. There's so much atmosphere and story telling in every image!  :)

Thanks for the kind reply, Schrumpfkopf. The story telling part really appeals to moi also.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 10/8/15:The Blessed Order of the Gooey Death
« Reply #2859 on: October 08, 2015, 06:08:57 PM »
Make yourself comfortable; re, this might take awhile to get through. Having just now...now meaning before I took the photos & went through the LONG & LABORIOUS uploading rigormaroll...finished the last of the Pistoleers, I thought an update was in order. In addition to the Dashing Pony Guys I took a new set of photos of the Mercenary Dwarven Rogues, Wizard, & his Froggy Friend; i.e., a second try at some of the poorer photos.

SO without further ado, The Pistoleers:

The Mercenary Dwarf Rogues:

..some close ups of the Gang startingg with the Captain & his trusty Halberdier:

...Beardling & Babe:

..Sharpshooter & Engineer:

...Halberdiers:

...The Veterans, Doppel Dwarfs:

...the Hangers On, Dead Dick Turnip & his Goblin associate:

...the Wizard & his Henchfrog:

AND the Group Portraits:

...there you have it...you can stop whining now.

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 10/8/15:The Blessed Order of the Gooey Death
« Reply #2860 on: October 08, 2015, 09:47:18 PM »
Wowzers, you have been busy DeafNala! What a cacophony of colour, frills and little faces. They look very smart in their outfits.

I particularly liked the henchfrog in his black leather jacket, very rough, and the goblin assistant - with his stained old shirt I thought of dobee the house elf from Harry Potter, haha. I can imagine a house goblin would be even more mischevious ;)

Cracking work mate.

Cheers
Matt

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #2861 on: October 08, 2015, 09:52:03 PM »
Amazing work, Amigo!
What a stunning array of colourfully attired chaps.
 :-* :-*

You do things with colour that I wouldnt dream of attempting and pull it off every time.

The Froggy fella is my favourite, those eyes are just so hypnotic.
 o_o o_o o_o

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2862 on: October 08, 2015, 11:51:51 PM »
Wowzers, you have been busy DeafNala! What a cacophony of colour, frills and little faces. They look very smart in their outfits.

I particularly liked the henchfrog in his black leather jacket, very rough, and the goblin assistant - with his stained old shirt I thought of dobee the house elf from Harry Potter, haha. I can imagine a house goblin would be even more mischevious ;)

Cracking work mate.

Cheers
Matt

Thanks, Matt...the feedback is appreciated! I actually only painted up three Pistoleers since the last update of the Order, but the Group Portrait does give the illusion of productivity. The Dwarfs seem a bit oblivious as to the composition of their Order; i.e., there's an Ogre-sized, a Hedgehog Hornist, a Flying Pig on the lute, some sort of maniacally grinning Goblin, & a Zombie Hobbit, no of whom have attracted any notice.

Amazing work, Amigo!
What a stunning array of colourfully attired chaps.
 :-* :-*

You do things with colour that I wouldnt dream of attempting and pull it off every time.

The Froggy fella is my favourite, those eyes are just so hypnotic.
 o_o o_o o_o

Thanks, Paul...glad you like them. I attribute my love of bright colors in part to the historical miniatures I did in my misspent youth & mostly to the tendency for Old Men to be draw to garish hues...this brings up the senility thing again.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #2863 on: October 09, 2015, 05:22:22 AM »
A veritable avalanche of, barrelling downhill, all flouncy hats and ruffs and sharp pokey bits. I expect they could raze and plunder a town in less than a half-hour.

A beautiful and highly deadly warband! A force to be reckoned with, as is their painter!

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2864 on: October 09, 2015, 01:41:38 PM »
A veritable avalanche of, barrelling downhill, all flouncy hats and ruffs and sharp pokey bits. I expect they could raze and plunder a town in less than a half-hour.

A beautiful and highly deadly warband! A force to be reckoned with, as is their painter!

Thanks, Fram. With four more minis to do for the Blessed Knightly Order...the Knights...the motivating reply is much appreciated.
To moi, they look like a for the most part short, well armed, Shakespearean Troupe looking for the critic that panned their show.