Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:56:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691074
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 823
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 04/25/24 Mushroom & Mini-Me Mushroom Done!  (Read 1168370 times)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 01/24/16: The Goblins ARE DONE! OH BABY!
« Reply #3090 on: January 26, 2016, 06:12:34 AM »
They are the terror of the local tuck shop, I'm sure.  lol

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3091 on: January 26, 2016, 07:15:01 AM »
I really like the purple tinge you give them. They look great

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3092 on: January 26, 2016, 07:56:57 AM »
Thanks again, pocoloco. That was a very kind thing to say...I'll try to live up to it.

I think it's quite easy to start/have a fantasy world, just add elves, dwarfs etc whatnots but to make it fantastical is a completely different matter and you have succeeded in that part with, literally, flying colours  8)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #3093 on: January 26, 2016, 01:18:32 PM »
They are the terror of the local tuck shop, I'm sure.  lol

They very well could be...what's a tuck shop?

I really like the purple tinge you give them. They look great

Thanks, beefcake. If the purple tinge is the skin color, I worked/blended up from red violet through terra cotta to camel (a yellowish sand color). It worked out pretty well I think.

I think it's quite easy to start/have a fantasy world, just add elves, dwarfs etc whatnots but to make it fantastical is a completely different matter and you have succeeded in that part with, literally, flying colours  8)

Thanks again, pocoloco. I really am delighted you are enjoying my fantasy setting. To be honest, it is just the way I've come to view things; there is nothing premeditated about it. I live in my own fantasy world...it beats reality.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #3094 on: January 26, 2016, 01:40:43 PM »
That's a splendid set of goblins! I like the long shots/group portraits best of all, as those give a great impression of how all the riotous colours work in combination, and also do the terrific brushwork the justice it deserves.

I love the cheerful malevolence of the bunch: they look like creatures that might spontaneously generate when unguarded thoughts are left to fester in dark places ...

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #3095 on: January 26, 2016, 02:03:21 PM »
That's a splendid set of goblins! I like the long shots/group portraits best of all, as those give a great impression of how all the riotous colours work in combination, and also do the terrific brushwork the justice it deserves.

I love the cheerful malevolence of the bunch: they look like creatures that might spontaneously generate when unguarded thoughts are left to fester in dark places ...

Thanks for the kind reply, Hobgoblin. The Little Rogues are really charming castings. I hadn't realized they were that personable until I started painting them.
I love the idea of them popping into existence in some dark corner. It's an appealing image; it brings to (my strange) mind The Time Bandits appearing in Kevin's closet.
I like Group Portraits myself. The mass effect is greater than individual shots.

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
« Reply #3096 on: January 26, 2016, 04:29:21 PM »
Lovely! The detail you've brought out in those wicked little faces is fantastic!  I can't get over how creepy and malicious their expressions are.

And the colors are mindblowing! The figures and the basing blend so incredibly, they are very much individual "lively" pieces.

Thanks for the smiles today!
Jevenkah

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #3097 on: January 26, 2016, 05:29:47 PM »
Lovely! The detail you've brought out in those wicked little faces is fantastic!  I can't get over how creepy and malicious their expressions are.

And the colors are mindblowing! The figures and the basing blend so incredibly, they are very much individual "lively" pieces.

Thanks for the smiles today!
Jevenkah

Thanks for the reply, Jevenkah...I'm happy to hear it gave you a smile. The Little Guys have a malevolent charm all their own; they were a delight to paint. The fact they've been so well received adds to that pleasure.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #3098 on: January 26, 2016, 05:42:54 PM »
Awhile back I posted photos of The Pingo Tree:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=26140.2760

I had intend to add a mini or two to represent the inhabitants. WELL...I recently was marauding my way through The Vault on the pretext of reorganizing when I came upon a charming couple who looked perfect for The Tree. SO here they are:

The Lady of the house/tree/whatever:

...AND Himself:

...an Idyllic Scene...or not.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #3099 on: January 26, 2016, 05:57:47 PM »
They very well could be...what's a tuck shop?

Thanks, beefcake. If the purple tinge is the skin color, I worked/blended up from red violet through terra cotta to camel (a yellowish sand color). It worked out pretty well I think.

Thanks again, pocoloco. I really am delighted you are enjoying my fantasy setting. To be honest, it is just the way I've come to view things; there is nothing premeditated about it. I live in my own fantasy world...it beats reality.

Oh it's a very small food shop. Sometimes they're in schools or other institutions, but many times (and in eras predating ours) they could be the equivalent of both a convenience store and fast food shop. Small children hanging around tuck shops buying sticky buns or what have you is a staple trope of Victorian British fiction, same way they might hang around a candy store.

The Pingo tree is wonderful with it's new inhabitants - I love that pair! They look like exactly the types to be loudly complaining about those dirty-faced, sticky-fingered young goblins.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
« Reply #3100 on: January 26, 2016, 06:06:50 PM »
...AND Himself:

Looks like a serious showdown brewing!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #3101 on: January 26, 2016, 06:23:47 PM »
Oh it's a very small food shop. Sometimes they're in schools or other institutions, but many times (and in eras predating ours) they could be the equivalent of both a convenience store and fast food shop. Small children hanging around tuck shops buying sticky buns or what have you is a staple trope of Victorian British fiction, same way they might hang around a candy store.

The Pingo tree is wonderful with it's new inhabitants - I love that pair! They look like exactly the types to be loudly complaining about those dirty-faced, sticky-fingered young goblins.

Thanks for the info, Fram. I had never heard that expression before AND I never would have found out without asking & you supplying the answer.

I'm glad you like The Pingo Tree's tenants. They do look like they'd complain about the Goblins: "They just don't make proper Hooligans these days!"

Looks like a serious showdown brewing!

...now that you mention it, it does looks like something out of an Old Western Movie. I can almost hear the theme music from The Good, The, Bad, & The Ughly.

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 01/26/16: The Folks Under The Pingo Tree
« Reply #3102 on: January 26, 2016, 06:52:00 PM »
Great vignette! :D

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 01/26/16: The Folks Under The Pingo Tree
« Reply #3103 on: January 26, 2016, 07:46:34 PM »
Great vignette! :D

Thanks, pocoloco. I'm glad you like it!