Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:11:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 04/25/24 Mushroom & Mini-Me Mushroom Done!  (Read 1168173 times)

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 08/03/18 Lucky Effigy closeups
« Reply #5685 on: August 05, 2018, 05:39:03 PM »
I find Privateer's range kind of generally useful for steampunk, some flavors of scifi, Malifaux/Through the Breach, and whatever you want to call tech/clockwork-fantasy gaming (arcanopunk?).  All those Cryx mecha-zombies are great for strange dungeoncrawl monsters, and the Everblight figs work well as alien monsters in straight sf.  The more cartoony Grymkin stuff doesn't seem to be very well-liked by the actual Hordes community, so it's probably a good thing they've got plenty of other homes.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #5686 on: August 05, 2018, 05:49:55 PM »
I find Privateer's range kind of generally useful for steampunk, some flavors of scifi, Malifaux/Through the Breach, and whatever you want to call tech/clockwork-fantasy gaming (arcanopunk?).  All those Cryx mecha-zombies are great for strange dungeoncrawl monsters, and the Everblight figs work well as alien monsters in straight sf.  The more cartoony Grymkin stuff doesn't seem to be very well-liked by the actual Hordes community, so it's probably a good thing they've got plenty of other homes.

It seems to me that the War Machine/Hordes Folk, Wrath of Kings players, &, to an extent, the Malifaux devotees  are more interested in the game than the miniatures.
You can check for Malifaux fanaticism by pronouncing it Molly Fox.
The Grymkin minis are beauties & I am sure they will be well receive by the non-gamers...like me. The Teknes stuff is cool & the stuff of conversions.
It must be less powerful than the other Houses...they don't seem to be making new things for it,
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #5687 on: August 05, 2018, 06:38:32 PM »
You can check for Malifaux fanaticism by pronouncing it Molly Fox.
You sly dog.  lol

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5688 on: August 05, 2018, 10:09:08 PM »
You sly dog.  lol

One of my coworkers consistently greets a customer named Francois with "hello, Fran Koys" so yeah, I could see Molly Fox being a trigger.

I haven't noticed it so much with Malifaux, but Warmahordes players sure do play with unpainted stuff a lot.  Definitely more about the competition and the rules mechanics with that crowd than the minis.  Their dislike of Grymkin seems to stem from them looking cartoony (or "too Malifaux") which is pretty funny when you look at some of the goofier sculpts in the rest of the ranges.  Stupidly overlarge weapons, shoulder pads that would make GW blush, and the Popeye look half the troll warbeasts have...guys, your pot is as black as Malifaux's kettle.  :)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #5689 on: August 05, 2018, 11:19:47 PM »
You sly dog.  lol

Thanks, Fram.
I have a set of Seamus' Zombie Hookers that have the names Molly, Dolly, & Polly Fox painted on their bases.

One of my coworkers consistently greets a customer named Francois with "hello, Fran Koys" so yeah, I could see Molly Fox being a trigger.

I haven't noticed it so much with Malifaux, but Warmahordes players sure do play with unpainted stuff a lot.  Definitely more about the competition and the rules mechanics with that crowd than the minis.  Their dislike of Grymkin seems to stem from them looking cartoony (or "too Malifaux") which is pretty funny when you look at some of the goofier sculpts in the rest of the ranges.  Stupidly overlarge weapons, shoulder pads that would make GW blush, and the Popeye look half the troll warbeasts have...guys, your pot is as black as Malifaux's kettle.  :)

Not only do they play like they have a pair; the pair is on the line whenever they pick up the dice...the pair clang a lot I would imagine.

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 08/06/18 More Mushrooms in The Box
« Reply #5690 on: August 07, 2018, 08:36:47 PM »
Hi!
Trying to catch up again with the thread, I like very much the second set of pictures of the Lucky Guy, this background is superb, I had already commented the magic locking mechanism...
The Grymkin stuff also is very interesting.
Eager to see the Dark Hold Goblin Monk fellows participating in a complete scene!
Cheers!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 08/06/18 More Mushrooms in The Box
« Reply #5691 on: August 07, 2018, 10:24:24 PM »
Hi!
Trying to catch up again with the thread, I like very much the second set of pictures of the Lucky Guy, this background is superb, I had already commented the magic locking mechanism...
The Grymkin stuff also is very interesting.
Eager to see the Dark Hold Goblin Monk fellows participating in a complete scene!
Cheers!

Hi, Dinos. Thanks for the reply. Lucky is the smallest & simplest of the effigies. I am hoping to get them all done before the Fall...Autumn that is.
There should be quite a few of the Little Monks popping up here & there. I discovered another pack of ten, giving me twenty five of the them. AND the Gymkin will see some more attention. The King of Nothing that I did awhile ago is a Grymkin.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 08/08/18 More Mushrooms in The Box
« Reply #5692 on: August 08, 2018, 03:15:41 PM »
The Mushrooms are progressing. Three are green stuffed:

AND some of the Mushrooms have their stems done;
PLUS some smaller mushrooms have joined the Gang:

...other things have been largely ignored.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #5693 on: August 08, 2018, 07:09:10 PM »
Sporulation!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #5694 on: August 08, 2018, 07:33:26 PM »

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #5695 on: August 12, 2018, 05:43:10 PM »
I learned a fact oddly apropos to your thread yesterday. Apparently brown bears that encounter psylocybin mushrooms in the wild will patrol, ration, and protect them!

So if you see a brown bear in the woods there's a non-zero chance it's trippin' way out mannnnn!  ;D

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #5696 on: August 12, 2018, 06:21:12 PM »
I learned a fact oddly apropos to your thread yesterday. Apparently brown bears that encounter psylocybin mushrooms in the wild will patrol, ration, and protect them!

So if you see a brown bear in the woods there's a non-zero chance it's trippin' way out mannnnn!  ;D

This could lead to a modification of an old saw:

Is the Pope Catholic?
Does the Bear trip in the woods?

AND a new species: Ursa O'Leary.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #5697 on: August 12, 2018, 09:33:44 PM »
 lol

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius