Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:00:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686488
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 03/26/24 The Twisted Tower photo stage update  (Read 1148373 times)

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
    • Warlock of Lead Mountain
These are really, really fine.  :-*  The texture of the trees and having the way the faces are blended in color-wise really nail it. I'm reminded of all those blanche pics and where the landscape is alive. And I was just looking at the box art of the Grenadier Woodland Adventurers set from 1980 too and there are faces in trees in that art. Lots of history coming alive on your tabletop!  :-*

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
Wonderful stuff Deafnala - even just primed they look amazing!  8)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Thanks for all the kind words, Guys. All the positive commentary is very motivating for moi...gives me a reason to get out of bed in the morning or whenever.

@Thantsants: I find that the white on black primer show off the minis/scenery nicely. I only mentioned that they were primed to forestall the inevitable comment about not caring for mono color scheme & the ensuing explanation of only being a primer coat...of course, I just did the forestalling & explaining anyway.

Things are rapidly evolving in the Fungi contingent of the Spooky Woods...

...if you see what I mean.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 01:29:51 PM by DeafNala »
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
Your forest is getting better and better. I can only echo what everyone said already.

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
The forest is truly spectacular and full of character.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Thanks again for the positive feedback, Guys...it's the sort of considerate, motivating thing I've come to associate with the L.A.F. Folk. AND, white knight, it's a PLUS getting commentary from The Fantasy Man.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
WOW!!!  :o
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Lot's of character to all this stuff - you could easily make a 'Fantasy Forest' terrain/mini line - my kids would love trolls, midgets, trees, fungi, leprechauns, whatever in this style  :)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
Some great work here - thank you for posting the images.

Tony
http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
WOW!!!  :o

WOW indeed! I Thanks is a pale wale of expressing the gratitude I owe you all for the inspiring encouragement I've received. I am most appreciative & humbled...more or less on the humble part.

Lot's of character to all this stuff - you could easily make a 'Fantasy Forest' terrain/mini line - my kids would love trolls, midgets, trees, fungi, leprechauns, whatever in this style  :)

My friend Tom's Grandson loves the stuff also. I think it has something to do with the cartoony style & it seems that as I get older I draw closer to the boy I was...to be honest my inner child has remained micro-millimeters below the surface for most all of my life.

An explanation of where I'm going with this probably is justified by the response. Actually it is a developing idea of taking all the aspects of the genre I've come to love & combining them into a whole picture. This involves elements of Fantasy, Horror, & an absurd view of life in general.
Inspiration is drawn from so many things that it is impossible to pinpoint one particular source; Jim Hensen, Tim Burton, Groucho Marx, Terry Pratchett, Mark Twain, & Bugs Bunny figure large in the Beasty...they have my apologies. From my gaming, Mordheim seems to be the most influential, although I've only made scenery for other Folk & played it solo.

A Renaissance Post Apocalypse Village, The Court of The Goblin King ala Labyrinth will figure into the equation. Since this is most certainly my "Last Hurrah" Project, rather than spreading all the different elements about the section, I'll keep them all here so you'll be able to check them out or ,if you are of discerning tastes, avoid them.

The next thingies to be seen will be W.I.P. shots of The Court & some Inhabitants of the Not-Necessarily-Goblin Variety.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: UberGobins, & Goblins, & Squigs! Update 9/9/11 The Cort of the Goblin King WIP
« Reply #115 on: September 09, 2011, 01:04:02 PM »
As threatened, erm...promised THE COURT OF THE GOBLIN KING W.I.P.

An Bat's Eye View of the Beasty:

The Different Levels:

Your comments & critiques would, as always, be WILDLY APPRECIATED/ADORED!

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
Crazy. And brilliant.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Thanks, Prof...as becoming a Crazy Old Man has been my life's ambition, it good to see the trait recognized.

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
Woah - that is mental - Well done that man!

Love the Batcave and bottomless pit - not to mention the leaning towers.  8)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Thanks, Thantsants! The central tower is actually a very large Mushroom (about 30" high). It was part of a Mushroom Forest...the rest of the forest wound up going to one of the Guys I did Mordheim scenery for. This is what it looked like before I added the clinging structures:

It will be the lair of the Night Goblin Wizard, Temerity O'Leery.