Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:23:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 03/26/24 The Twisted Tower photo stage update  (Read 1148585 times)

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Excellent stuff - this thread is fantastic. I admit I haven't read it all, but skimmed each page.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Excellent stuff - this thread is fantastic. I admit I haven't read it all, but skimmed each page.

Thanks, von Lucky! Skimming through 78 pages is quite a task. I appreciate the effort & I'm delighted you are enjoying the experience.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline GevatterTod

• Bookworm
    • Kurpfalz Feldherren
Wow...  :o you really could get lost in this thread... like walking in that scary forests you build. AWESOME work!
I really love that fairytale-style with all the mushrooms and tree-faces. Realy inspiring stuff... I guess I will spend some more days to click through the whole thing... 
www.kurpfalz-feldherren.de - club for (mostly) historical tabletop in Heidelberg

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Thanks, Gevatter! I hope your journey through the thread is a pleasant one.

Offline **GS**

• Mad Scientist
  • never enough time
    • Spitl.de
I can only repeat: This is creating a special feeling. The board does give the impression of a fitting world.

Really well done!

GS
"You don't have enough magic in you to make cereals into breakfast!"Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Thanks, GS! I'm glad you are enjoying it...I'll try to keep it interesting.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Once more astonishing the world of mycology with a startling discovery, Dr Anne O'Leary has verified the existence of a new form of Sentient Mushroom, Mycolearia. Reports state that she became aware of this new species when one whispered "got a light, Baby?" in her Ladyship's ear.

The Mycolearia:

AND a group of Talking Toadstools that asked nicely for a photo:

There you have it...better photos are expected when the new species are relocated to the O'Leary Estates (Anne's Diorama).
Comments & critiques are most welcome...mostly
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 02:41:49 PM by DeafNala »

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
I would definitely cross the street if I saw these guys coming. The fellow on the left looks itchin' for a fight!

Wonderfully done and I can't wait to see them sized up against a fairy ballerina with a ray gun.

Jevenkah

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
I would definitely cross the street if I saw these guys coming. The fellow on the left looks itchin' for a fight!

Discerning taste would dictate avoidance...that & a touch of terror.

Wonderfully done and I can't wait to see them sized up against a fairy ballerina with a ray gun.

Jevenkah

Thanks, Jevenkah! I'm looking forward to Anne's Diorama also. Size-wise the Ballerinas come up a little short of eye level on the Mycolearias & a bit shorter overall to the Toadstools...of course, the Ballerinas are armed & dangerous.

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Those two Mycolearia chaps ooze character!  :-*

They surely are planning something that might be beyond the bounds of law... what ever law binds them, that is :)

Excellent work!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
 :o

They look suitably sinister and 'wrong'.

In the best possible way, of course, mate.
 ;)

Love 'em!
 :-*

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Positively thuggish!

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline OLeary

• Scientist
  • Bhí mé ag ól uisce beatha
    • Black Swan Painting
Dr. O'Leary AKA "Anne O'Leary, CEO of O'Leary Air" will be holding a Press Conference to make public the finding of this new and frightening species. At the moment she's at her headquarters in Dublin at Shenanigans Pub with her pet troll and Chief Adviser Guidlo drinking herself sober  :D :D

The sun is actually out today, so I'll get some good pics that really show these bad boys off  :o :o :o

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Thanks once more for all the overwhelmingly kind remarks. Contributing to The O'Leary Project made the entire production a pleasant experience.

The sun is actually out today, so I'll get some good pics that really show these bad boys off  :o :o :o

Thanks, Anne! Seeing the Beasties as they actually appear will be a new & probably horrifying experience for most of the Forum Folk.

Offline Knightofspades

• Mad Scientist
I really like Mushroom men and these one are cool very fun work and nice drybrushing on their faces.