Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:41:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 04/25/24 Mushroom & Mini-Me Mushroom Done!  (Read 1168040 times)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 2/02/14: The Neighbors
« Reply #1515 on: February 02, 2014, 06:18:51 PM »
As I'm finishing the last little things for The Shanty Town, I've started thinking of The Graveyard...the miniature one that is. I did up the first two residents...the Camera of Continual Contrariness only cooperated on one photo. SO here's what the new Neighbors look like...kind of:

I'm thinking of making the Graveyard multilevel with a Catacomb Board under the Graveyard & possibly a cutaway Tower for access. What do you think?
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #1516 on: February 02, 2014, 07:05:36 PM »
Will your physical setup allow for space underneath? If so, go for it!

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1517 on: February 02, 2014, 07:35:06 PM »
Will your physical setup allow for space underneath? If so, go for it!

That's the idea; the Catacombs will be a separate board or possibly two that sits under the Graveyard board. If it works I could extend it under the Shanty Town, maybe the Isles & the other boards as well. With a diminishing amount of space available, going down seems a good alternative.

Another thing I might work on is scenery pieces for photography. When I took the new mini pics, I realized that all the cool little things I used as background were now permanent parts of the boards.

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #1518 on: February 02, 2014, 07:53:18 PM »
nice work ;)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1519 on: February 02, 2014, 08:20:40 PM »
Thanks, Mick...glad you like it!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #1520 on: February 02, 2014, 08:35:17 PM »
Love those ugly creeps.
Very spooky!
 :-*

Building down!
Clever idea.
 8)

Offline qazbnm

• Librarian
    • http://qazbnmsreturn.blogspot.se
« Reply #1521 on: February 02, 2014, 09:41:52 PM »
I like that vampire  ;)
You've really come a long way with your fairy tale/nightmare fantasy land. A perfect setting for those creepy looking miniatures!

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #1522 on: February 02, 2014, 09:42:35 PM »
Yes!!! Build down and up with a tower!!!. The tower could have a dungeon that connects to the catacombs through a broken hole in the wall. :D

Cheers
Matt

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #1523 on: February 03, 2014, 12:28:53 AM »
Oh shoot, now we're all geeking out at the possibilities offered by a second, secret underground kingdom.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1524 on: February 03, 2014, 01:19:47 AM »
Thanks MUCHO for all the kind & encouraging replies, Guys! I think the possibilities the lower regions offer are just too good & exciting to pass up. It's encouraging having all the positive feedback.

Offline killshot

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #1525 on: February 03, 2014, 04:19:59 AM »
I've been playing a lot of diablo lately, so the idea of going into multi-level catacombs is very appealing. 

Offline M.P.

• Mad Scientist
    • Barbaric Frontier
« Reply #1526 on: February 03, 2014, 12:25:53 PM »
Sir, you are an artist :-*
My roleplaying/wargaming blog: barbaricfrontier.blogspot.com

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1527 on: February 03, 2014, 01:51:26 PM »
I've been playing a lot of diablo lately, so the idea of going into multi-level catacombs is very appealing.  

I think the main appeal for moi is all those years that I played AD&D & never convince the crew I played with that a scenic board would be cooler for the game than all the bowls of chips & dips.

I wasn't familiar with Diablo; SO I checked it out on Board Game Geeks...looks cool.

Sir, you are an artist :-*

Thanks, M.P.! That was a very nice thing to say. Funny thing is a week or so back, Capt. John & I took a couple of the boards around to a few shops for viewing. One of the enthusiastic responses I got was from a Lady running an Art Gallery...now that was a morale boost.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 01:15:52 PM by DeafNala »

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
« Reply #1528 on: February 03, 2014, 01:57:26 PM »
Love the neighborhood watch! The candles give an aura of otherworldliness- great call to go with the sexy purple for those!  :-*

Sweet paintjobs on the graveyard ghouls. Creepy!

How are the apple cores coming? They sound deliciously perfect for refuse.

The idea to build down is an exciting one. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

I think the main appeal for moi is all those years that I played AD&D & never convince the crew I played with that a scenic boar would be cooler for the game than all the bowls of chips & dips.

The chips and dips and 2-liter bottles of soda are hard to compete with, for some strange reason. We're lucky to have the space to confine the edibles to an entirely separate table.

Thanks, M.P.! That was a very nice thing to say. Funny thing is a week or so back, Capt. John & I took a couple of the boards around to a few shops for viewing. One of the enthusiastic responses I got was from a Lady running an Art Gallery...now that was a morale boost.

That is awesome! Congrats!

Jevenkah

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1529 on: February 03, 2014, 02:24:15 PM »
Love the neighborhood watch! The candles give an aura of otherworldliness- great call to go with the sexy purple for those!  :-*

Sweet paintjobs on the graveyard ghouls. Creepy!

Thanks, Jevenkah...I wish the other photos had turned out. I haven't given up on them just yet; so there may be some closeups eventually.
Adding the little details, like the candle & The Watch is the most enjoyable part of a scenery project for moi...I'm glad you are enjoying it.

How are the apple cores coming? They sound deliciously perfect for refuse.

The mold my friend, Ben aka floedebolle, sent makes 4 cores in one shot. So far I have 10 done, 4 underway, & 2 dropped. The dropped ones were immediately sucked into that part of the Ethereal Plane normally inhabited by missing socks.

The idea to build down is an exciting one. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

The idea has me pretty excited also. I hope it works out.
Doing a series of Dungeon Boards would also be cool. AND, being flat would mean they could be mailed to Folks...I love sending out packages.

The chips and dips and 2-liter bottles of soda are hard to compete with, for some strange reason. We're lucky to have the space to confine the edibles to an entirely separate table.

A separate table was once proposed, but not to make room for a proper board & terrain. One of the regulars, Buddy, had a way of tossing his dice than invariably had them landing in the dips, salsa, someone's beverage, etc.. Only laziness prevented the separation of game & food.

That is awesome! Congrats!

Jevenkah

I don't know if anything will come of it, but the daydreams it conjured up were WONDERFUL...especially the garret studio in Paris.