Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:57:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691075
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 707
Total: 713

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 04/25/24 Mushroom & Mini-Me Mushroom Done!  (Read 1168673 times)

Offline affun

• Mad Scientist
    • North of Nowhere [Under construction]
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 4/24/14: More Graveyard News
« Reply #1710 on: April 24, 2014, 07:30:49 PM »
another fifty years or so should see it all wrapped up...then on to something new.

This hobby is a sisyphosian struggle. But an enjoyable one.  lol

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
« Reply #1711 on: April 24, 2014, 07:48:13 PM »
Wow that's excellent. Love the chapel. Is that some kind of green slime oozing down the hill there?  :D

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1712 on: April 24, 2014, 08:38:44 PM »
This hobby is a sisyphosian struggle. But an enjoyable one.  lol

If given the time, I'll keep churning out strange but interesting pieces ad infinitum...beats the alternative.

Wow that's excellent. Love the chapel. Is that some kind of green slime oozing down the hill there?  :D

Thanks, Diakon...glad you like it thus far.
The green stuff is meant to be moss. However, the general consensus seems to lean towards slime...the green part remains consistent.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 4/24/14: More Graveyard News
« Reply #1713 on: April 24, 2014, 11:06:40 PM »
DeafNala - the human mind can think of anything. Yours just happens to have found the key that unlocks the east wing's attic space. Nice work!
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #1714 on: April 25, 2014, 03:36:23 AM »
Awesome! Another board finished in grand style.

What's next?

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #1715 on: April 25, 2014, 06:26:33 AM »
Looking great!  :-*

I think one could film a very nice animated film on these boards of yours, say, with a stop-motion technique for example.

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #1716 on: April 25, 2014, 02:20:22 PM »
I am always amazed at your work, but that tree is wonderful. Must be a bear to game around, but worth it I'm sure.

Speaking of gaming, do you get the chance to game much on your amazing terrain?

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #1717 on: April 25, 2014, 02:36:19 PM »
What a perfect weekend. My best friend has his stag's night today, the sun is shining, I've just finished correcting a bunch of English tests and now I see those pics. What more can a guy ask for?
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1718 on: April 25, 2014, 03:17:41 PM »
Toward the end of the day L.A.F. went into one of those non responsive phases. Today I sign in to some wonderful replies. Life is good...especially considering the alternative.

DeafNala - the human mind can think of anything. Yours just happens to have found the key that unlocks the east wing's attic space. Nice work!

Thanks, von Lucky! The attic space is an excellent analogy; it would explain all the cobwebs.

Awesome! Another board finished in grand style.

What's next?

Thanks, Fram...it's good to know your still with me & enjoying the ride.
I still have some puttering around with this one & the other boards as well. However, I've started thinking about some smaller pieces: four 1' squares for the subterranean areas that the trap doors lead to. One of those will be a laboratory...insert spooky B Horror Movie music here. I also want to start populating the boards; I have some interesting conversions I'd like to try along with some straight(?) mini painting.

Looking great!  :-*

I think one could film a very nice animated film on these boards of yours, say, with a stop-motion technique for example.

Thanks, pocoloco! A film would be the ultimate for moi...if only I wasn't such a low tech Guy.

I am always amazed at your work, but that tree is wonderful. Must be a bear to game around, but worth it I'm sure.

Speaking of gaming, do you get the chance to game much on your amazing terrain?

Thanks, Michka. Most of my gaming has been solo over the last decade. Although I have plans for the, these boards have yet to see a game.

What a perfect weekend. My best friend has his stag's night today, the sun is shining, I've just finished correcting a bunch of English tests and now I see those pics. What more can a guy ask for?

Thanks, Doomhippie! You've made my day as well. Enjoy the party!

Offline Teshub

• Librarian
  • Thereupon I marched against Skara and destroyed it
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
« Reply #1719 on: May 02, 2014, 02:16:49 AM »
I can't believe I missed this latest piece, amazing detail and with a style all its own.
Very inspiring
\"what slaughters of the people there were, what famine and what thirst oppressed the wretched earth.\" -History of the Franks

http://swordandsorceryrpg.com/

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1720 on: May 02, 2014, 01:26:37 PM »
Thanks, Teshub...glad you like it!
I have developed a certain look to my stuff over the years. I also note that even if I try to copy a different style, it morphs into my own version all by itself.

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
« Reply #1721 on: May 02, 2014, 02:11:39 PM »
Phenomenal! Everything is awesome, but I love the details in the burnt-out house. The smoke damage is fantastic. What is casting spells in there? And what does it's secret place hidden underneath look like? It's amazing how you put so much character into your terrain that it can tell a story all by itself.

The metal roofs of the mausoleums are sweet. I like the color contrast of those and the stone walk way with the building stone material.

Always exciting to see a "finished" board from you!
Jevenkah

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1722 on: May 02, 2014, 05:09:54 PM »
Phenomenal! Everything is awesome, but I love the details in the burnt-out house. The smoke damage is fantastic. What is casting spells in there? And what does it's secret place hidden underneath look like? It's amazing how you put so much character into your terrain that it can tell a story all by itself.

The metal roofs of the mausoleums are sweet. I like the color contrast of those and the stone walk way with the building stone material.

Always exciting to see a "finished" board from you!
Jevenkah

Thanks for your ever-kind comments, Jevenkah! Replies are always a morale boost for moi AND that really made my day. SO just for you, here's a bit of an update; here's what The Shanty Town & Graveyard look like together:

I hope to be able to take a Group Portrait with all five boards sometime over the weekend to REALLY knock your socks off. Until then you kind comments would warm my wizened old heart...so to speak.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
One thing I love about this is that there's enough going on on each board for you to be able to have an interesting game even on just a single one.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Thanks Fram...glad you're still with me in this thing!
The initial idea was to have a series of boards that were connected without necessarily being adjacent; i.e., the boards were points of interest that might be separated by nondescript areas that didn't warrant modeling. It wound up with Heep's Place & the first Spooky Woods section & the Graveyard/Shanty Town/Isles working well in combination, although they could be used as one off skirmish boards.
Now I feel like I should be doing photo stories using the boards as stage settings for the miniatures...roll 'em.