Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:23:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 04/25/24 Mushroom & Mini-Me Mushroom Done!  (Read 1167947 times)

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Blimey, you made all that from scratch?! That's mighty impressive sir, please take some pictures of it all together!! :D

I enjoy seeing all the details you hide in the board.  :-*

Cheers
Matt

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Thanks, Constable B! I'm glad you are enjoying all the details...that's my favorite part also.
There are some barrels, a door, the recognizable minis, & the natural stuff that I didn't make, but all the rest of it is from scratch. I think that's part of what makes this project special for moi; it all comes from my own twisted imagination.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
Thanks for the bonus pics. The boards look fantastic together, and I like the juxtaposition of the burnt-out house and cold crypts with the crowded tenements.

A promise of a pic of all FIVE to come? I'm giddy. Should be awesome!

Jevenkah

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Even if you started with the idea of the tables being separated as the focal points of interest they do look darn good put together like that  :-*

How many will you be making besides the current five?

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Even if you started with the idea of the tables being separated as the focal points of interest they do look darn good put together like that  :-*

Thanks, pocoloco! Glad you like the Group. While most of my stuff is very ad lib, I did make sure to have the roads/walkways connect at a universal point for the joining up thing. When you're not sure where you're going, a link to tie things together is helpful...this is my trail of bread crumbs approach.

How many will you be making besides the current five?

To be honest I haven't a clue how many more will eventually be made. When I spotted the pre-cut 2' squares I'm now using, I picked up sixteen of them...I'm nothing if not enthusiastic...& I had about six others of similar size already in some stages of preparation. That's potentially twenty two more boards.
I have four trapdoors in the Graveyard; SO there will be at least four subterranean boards of undetermined size; i.e, I have four 1' squares cut, but I've been toying with the idea of four 2' squares that were somehow linked...the ever popular tunnel is the main link idea. Another Spooky Woods & a Smuggler's Cove are definite possibilities. A somewhat sleazy Renaissance Fair/Circus has been considered....you get the idea by now that plan is that the final board should coincide with my final breath.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
I get the feeling you want to be buried in your own graveyard.  8)

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
I get the feeling you want to be buried in your own graveyard.  8)

Actually I was hoping to have a few friends gather around the body & try to bring me back. If the attempt fails, however, your idea might be fun in a Beetlejuice sort of way.

SO, as threatened, here are a few ASTOUNDINGLY MEDIOCRE photos of the first five board sections all together:

There you go; that gives you, my Fellow Forum Folk, a fairly go impression of the way it all comes together thus far. Of course this is only the beginning. As things develop further posts will be inflicted upon you. Until then you kind comments would be most welcome...or you can just break an Old Man's heart.

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 5/03/14: The BIG Picture
« Reply #1732 on: May 03, 2014, 06:25:50 PM »
Yip, looking excellent!

I do like the very enchanted forest the best  :-*

And now that you mentioned the possibility, or should it be the certainty, of underground boards I can't wait to see you work your magic on them :D

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #1733 on: May 03, 2014, 06:32:29 PM »
 :o :o

Bloody hell, Al, they look great all together.
 :-* 8) :-*

The news that you have plenty more boards to work your magic on is very welcome indeed.
 :D

Offline Imp522

• Scientist
« Reply #1734 on: May 03, 2014, 07:47:31 PM »
 :-* :-* :-* :-* just GREAT looking boards.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1735 on: May 03, 2014, 08:37:54 PM »
Yip, looking excellent!

I do like the very enchanted forest the best  :-*

And now that you mentioned the possibility, or should it be the certainty, of underground boards I can't wait to see you work your magic on them :D

Thanks, popoloco. I'm rather fond of The Woods also. There will be at least one more section to The Woods eventually. The Underground is occupying a lot of my daydreaming time; SO that will probably come next.

:o :o

Bloody hell, Al, they look great all together.
 :-* 8) :-*

The news that you have plenty more boards to work your magic on is very welcome indeed.
 :D

Thanks, Paul. There should be some interesting things coming up including a few minis. I just wish the Camera would be a bit more cooperative. I think I'll try for some outdoor photos next time.

:-* :-* :-* :-* just GREAT looking boards.

Thanks, Imp! I'm glad you like them.

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #1736 on: May 03, 2014, 09:46:44 PM »
wow, this is really coool! the pictures are awesome! now the only thing I still would like to see is your collection of miniatures which populate your boards.. ;)
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1737 on: May 03, 2014, 10:32:44 PM »
wow, this is really coool! the pictures are awesome! now the only thing I still would like to see is your collection of miniatures which populate your boards.. ;)

Thanks, LordOdo...the kind reply is appreciated.
I would like to go back & add some further details to the boards. When I do I'll be sure to take some photos of the Mushrooms...they enjoy the exposure.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #1738 on: May 04, 2014, 02:16:25 AM »
There's even a sort of geographic sense to it all, as you move inland from the beach, to a populated coastal plain, to forests, and then on towards the uplands!

Offline Arthadan

• Scientist
    • Forge of Doom Miniatures
« Reply #1739 on: May 04, 2014, 10:39:08 AM »
Amazing terrain in a very personal style! Now you'll need miniatures to go along besides your goblins, have you considered Nemesis range?