Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:19:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691062
  • Total Topics: 118368
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 04/25/24 Mushroom & Mini-Me Mushroom Done!  (Read 1167925 times)

Offline Teshub

• Librarian
  • Thereupon I marched against Skara and destroyed it
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 6/26/14:Dr. J's 40K World Update
« Reply #1875 on: June 28, 2014, 06:29:54 PM »
Your friends are very lucky indeed Nala!

:o
\"what slaughters of the people there were, what famine and what thirst oppressed the wretched earth.\" -History of the Franks

http://swordandsorceryrpg.com/

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
Re: Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 6/26/14:Dr. J's 40K World Update
« Reply #1876 on: June 28, 2014, 08:18:01 PM »
We're not sure where this is going and yet we're still here.

Nice build, the term "Mushroom Wars" just came to me. I think because i'm reading about the Football War right now.

The mushroom war just makes me think of adventure time. :)
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1877 on: June 28, 2014, 10:17:34 PM »
Your friends are very lucky indeed Nala!

:o

Thanks, Teshub. I've been painting for Dr. J's D&D Group & now his 40K Cronies for some time...he's the only one I actually know. Some of the Hordes of D&D stuff I've done can be seen here:

http://www.edion.desertyeti.com/gallery.html

The mushroom war just makes me think of adventure time. :)

...either that or a '60s moment, which is a different sort of adventure altogether.
Actually all the Mushroom talk has me thinking about all the possibilities. SO while the next batch for Dr. J is drying, I've started on a couple of pieces for The Project...just to keep the enthusiasm going of course.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 10:22:03 PM by DeafNala »
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Bloodysword

• Scientist
« Reply #1878 on: June 29, 2014, 02:23:39 PM »
I just followed that link.  Excellent!  I love the vibrant colors.  A new standard to reach for.  Thank you.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1879 on: June 29, 2014, 02:40:22 PM »
I just followed that link.  Excellent!  I love the vibrant colors.  A new standard to reach for.  Thank you.

Thanks for the kind reply, Bloodysword! I am, of course, delighted you like them.
Those & others were all done over a two year span when I was still living in Sound Beach. Dr. J, aka Justin, would scale the rickety ladder to my loft with the minis & detailed instruction as to the paint jobs & insight into their background/character. I had quite a bit of latitude as to the color choices for the most part, SO it was a really enjoyable project. The actual games were twice a year affairs that were held over the course of a week or so out in Arizona.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 7/02/14:Dr. J's 40K World Update
« Reply #1880 on: July 02, 2014, 02:51:14 PM »
I added a couple more bunker like pieces to the desert industrial scene. They're all primed white on black awaiting some color:

An over head view:

...with some Orks for comparison's sake...& they like having their pictures taken:

The Little Bunker:

The Big(ger) Bunker:

AND the Tank has a storage shed:

Once I get the go ahead, a couple more bunkers may be added along with some general junk. Then paint.
In the interim your kind comments would be most welcome.

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #1881 on: July 02, 2014, 09:24:02 PM »
Looks cracking Nala! I like em.

What have you uses for the hatch opeining mechanism? A 1/48 steering wheel? They look perfect, and easy to hobble together.

Cheers
Matt

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1882 on: July 02, 2014, 10:34:43 PM »
Looks cracking Nala! I like em.

Thanks, Matt...glad you like them. I started a third bunker & began painting the others.

What have you uses for the hatch opeining mechanism? A 1/48 steering wheel? They look perfect, and easy to hobble together.

Cheers
Matt

I had gotten a bunch of watch parts from HassleFree & e.e.beads for a planned Steam Punk foray. The opening gizmo is one of the parts included. I mounted it on a jewelry push pin with a 2mm bead for its stem. Then I punched out a circular mount from some thick sheet styrene & drilled a hole in the middle. The hatch is a wooden disc from the craft store {Michael's) with some brads for bolts.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #1883 on: July 03, 2014, 04:23:13 AM »
Very nice. This will make for a wonderful desert.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline affun

• Mad Scientist
    • North of Nowhere [Under construction]
« Reply #1884 on: July 03, 2014, 08:54:32 AM »
All of this futury stuff is a bit unfamiliar and scary ;P It looks great though. Its great to see your take on the orks, too. (A certain company could learn a thing or two from the spirit shown here. They seem to have forgotten  ::) )

Edit: I have to add, that I really enjoy the boyz with the muzzleflashes, even though the subject of the post is the terrain (Which is neat and nice as always as well)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 08:57:00 AM by affun »

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1885 on: July 03, 2014, 01:13:57 PM »
Very nice. This will make for a wonderful desert.

Thanks, Fram. Fortunately I only have to fill one of those 4' X 6' game boards that G.W. make...I'm going into Mushroom withdrawal.

All of this futury stuff is a bit unfamiliar and scary ;P It looks great though. Its great to see your take on the orks, too. (A certain company could learn a thing or two from the spirit shown here. They seem to have forgotten  ::) )

Edit: I have to add, that I really enjoy the boyz with the muzzleflashes, even though the subject of the post is the terrain (Which is neat and nice as always as well)

Thanks, affun...glad you like it. The Orks are about the only thing I like in the 40K Universe. They are the only faction with a humorous twist to them, although if you approach the game correctly just about anything could achieve a level of silliness that would send the G.W.Fan Boys screaming into the night.
I posted this somewhere else, but if you'd like to see more (& better photos) of the Orks check ouut their PhotoBucket Album here:

http://s762.photobucket.com/user/DeafNala/library/40k/Orks?sort=4&page=1

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
« Reply #1886 on: July 03, 2014, 08:29:38 PM »
I've missed a few pages and it's time to play catch-up!

The hatches on the new bunkers were the first to catch my eye as well. It's that little familiar aspect in the middle of the scary future, I think.

The landforms are smashing, their shapes and colors are engaging. There's just enough variation with the bases to show definition without being distracting. It's hard not to overpower rocks with dirt. Does that make sense?  ;D I recently got to spend 4 uninterrupted days with river rocks and my sons in a deciduous forest, and we noticed lots of the different properties of rocks, large and small.

As to the "Last Hurrah", given the scope of the projects you've filled 126 page with, I would not call it a swan song. I say your creations are instead from your renaissance.  :-*

Jevenkah

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1887 on: July 03, 2014, 09:14:24 PM »
Thanks for the kind reply, Jevenkah. As a boy I got to spend parts of the Summers in the Catskills. The variety of shades that stone can achieve is remarkable. Here in the Hill Country of Texas there are even more geological wonders.
My Last Hurrah will hopefully be an ongoing celebration.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #1888 on: July 03, 2014, 09:39:49 PM »
Thanks, Fram. Fortunately I only have to fill one of those 4' X 6' game boards that G.W. make...I'm going into Mushroom withdrawal.

Perhaps it is time for some mushroom-shaped cacti. Or cati with faces.  :D

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1889 on: July 03, 2014, 11:57:28 PM »
Perhaps it is time for some mushroom-shaped cacti. Or cati with faces.  :D

I'm afraid Dr. J. is looking for a desert devoid of flora & fauna; something akin to an ash waste. So while working on the desert pieces I will slot in some of my own thingies, & avoid the blank page syndrome that follows every complete task.