Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:51:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691067
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 04/25/24 Mushroom & Mini-Me Mushroom Done!  (Read 1168081 times)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 7/09/14 What's Next?
« Reply #1905 on: July 10, 2014, 06:39:21 PM »
Repair scaffolding makes for a neat variation on the usual banal "ruined wizard's tower"! A tale of past battles won and, er, lost (but I'm sure Temerity O'Leery claims victory in any case). It also gives you an opportunity to add mini-diorama elements, of Tim's flunkies going about their repair work.

That white side tank definitely needs some gubbins on it or something to otherwise break up the space/shape. Complex machinery or maybe a spiral walkway to a bizarre testing apparatus on top.

Or maybe it's the vampire's liquor supply.  lol

Thanks, Fram. The scaffolding & flunkies are definite. The tank (mushroom brew storage) is still in doubt; some rickety ladders going up might be cool though along with some Goblin work facilities, living quarters, & a drinking spot crowding around it.
Most of the destruction to the Tower was due to an experiment or several experiments or, perhaps, all the experiments going slightly to tragic wrong...Oh Wow! THE COLORS Man!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #1906 on: July 11, 2014, 12:38:15 AM »
Well, I did say liquor, but the "O'Leerys" are known to partake in other substances...  ;)

For the tank/tower, what might be neat is a structure made of various additions (the work facilities, living quarters, and "relaxation station", you mentioned) that bulges outwards towards the middle, but with some beams underneath as props holding up all the built-on goblin additions.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:40:34 AM by FramFramson »

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1907 on: July 11, 2014, 03:03:44 AM »
Well, I did say liquor, but the "O'Leerys" are known to partake in other substances...  ;)

For the tank/tower, what might be neat is a structure made of various additions (the work facilities, living quarters, and "relaxation station", you mentioned) that bulges outwards towards the middle, but with some beams underneath as props holding up all the built-on goblin additions.

Thanks for the ideas, Fram. The bloated storage tank sounds like something to explore...it does fit nicely with Goblin-tech at it's finest. A twisted tank might be another possibility.

Temerity O'Leery is a take off on Dr. Timothy O'Leary, of "tune in, turn on, drop out" L.S.D. fame. SO you have a good idea what's in that tank will not be served a your local tavern.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #1908 on: July 11, 2014, 03:09:50 AM »
Yes, I picked up on that particular reference, though technically it's before my time.  ;)

Whatever's in the tank might not be served at a local bar, but it could certainly contribute to... explosive incidents.  ;D

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1909 on: July 11, 2014, 03:45:27 AM »
Yes, I picked up on that particular reference, though technically it's before my time.  ;)

I'm at that stage where most of the references I come up with draw blank stares as being outside everyone else's zone of experience.

Whatever's in the tank might not be served at a local bar, but it could certainly contribute to... explosive incidents.  ;D

Absolutely & for a variety of reasons...the potential for (comical) disaster boggles the mind. Actually Goblins could probably have a mega ton explosion from operating a pillow factory.

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
« Reply #1910 on: July 11, 2014, 05:31:25 AM »
Love the finished 40K facilities! My favorite is the oozing pipe, followed closely by the bombed-out segment. It all looks so cartoonishly realistic. Awesome!

And that tower makes me dizzy just looking at it. Can't wait to see what's in store,
Jevenkah

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #1911 on: July 11, 2014, 05:54:38 AM »
Looking great, absolutely love this stuff Deafnala!

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #1912 on: July 11, 2014, 09:35:43 AM »
I got a cool idea for your elevated tank build.
   (It's something I could never pull off, but I believe in your abilities.)
How about a plume of leaking fluids sprung from the side of the tank. Just a tiny pin hole in the side, noticeable for a leak that's caught in a gust of wind.
   (Like I said, not something I could do, but you have mad skills. We've all seen them on this thread.)

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #1913 on: July 11, 2014, 12:18:14 PM »
How about a dirty, filthy (orc-)brothel? I was thinking about making one myself.. But I'm not even half as talented as the average guys on here (not even mentioning you..)  :D
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1914 on: July 11, 2014, 01:40:48 PM »
Love the finished 40K facilities! My favorite is the oozing pipe, followed closely by the bombed-out segment. It all looks so cartoonishly realistic. Awesome!

And that tower makes me dizzy just looking at it. Can't wait to see what's in store,
Jevenkah

Thanks, Jevenkah...the ooze is proving to be a hit; I'm priming up another one now. I think that the cartoonish/surreal/whatever appearance is one of those things that carry through all my little creations; it's just the way I look at things. The wonderfully detailed background scenes from the full length Disney movies I watched as a boy might have had an impact on this World view....or my Mom could have dropped me on my head one time too many.

Trying to get the whole tower in one photo got me dizzy also. Putting some minis with it to get an idea of the height should be fun.

Looking great, absolutely love this stuff Deafnala!

Thanks for the reply, beefcake. IT's what I draw my motivation from.

I got a cool idea for your elevated tank build.
   (It's something I could never pull off, but I believe in your abilities.)
How about a plume of leaking fluids sprung from the side of the tank. Just a tiny pin hole in the side, noticeable for a leak that's caught in a gust of wind.
   (Like I said, not something I could do, but you have mad skills. We've all seen them on this thread.)

Thanks, Michka; that is a COOL idea! I can picture the mist escaping from the hole. I might be able to get a mist effect by pulling out a clump of poly fiber & stiffening it with some glue...I could put some dead birds under the plume.

How about a dirty, filthy (orc-)brothel? I was thinking about making one myself.. But I'm not even half as talented as the average guys on here (not even mentioning you..)  :D

Thanks, LordOdo! I had started a house of ill repute, Fast Flo's, & painted up some of the girls & other members of the staff. It's one of those things that is a must do.

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #1915 on: July 11, 2014, 06:15:31 PM »
I can picture the mist escaping from the hole. I might be able to get a mist effect by pulling out a clump of poly fiber & stiffening it with some glue...I could put some dead birds under the plume

Soon as I saw "dead birds under" I said "Oh Cool" out load, alone at my computer, because that would look awesome!!!!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1916 on: July 11, 2014, 06:21:58 PM »
Soon as I saw "dead birds under" I said "Oh Cool" out load, alone at my computer, because that would look awesome!!!!

...you are a kindred spirit.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
AND the latest Bust Bunker of Slime:

While there may be a bit more slime to do, that should be the last of the bunkers.
Your comments would again be most welcome...& appreciated!

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
In all my years here, how have I managed never to read this thread?

Wonderful, wonderful stuff.  I love the bunkers!

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Ooh that slime looks revolting and highly toxic. I don't want to touch it, :D you painted it superbly. Well done! I like the little hand too, the poor technician was too late.

Cheers
Matt