Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:16:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691074
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 04/25/24 Mushroom & Mini-Me Mushroom Done!  (Read 1168472 times)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 7/22/14 In the Ghetto...
« Reply #1935 on: July 22, 2014, 03:14:48 PM »
To give you, my Fellow Forum Folk, a better idea what's happening in the Slums/Ghetto here's a quick tour of the 'hood (remember these are the foundations; there will be twisted, rickety, floor on top):

The long view:

...my steam punk door:

...adjoining stairs:

...going up:

...to the walkway/bridge:

...wandering the streets:

...we come to the other side of the walkway/bridge:

There now, you have a better idea what the place is like. Comments, as always, would be lovely.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #1936 on: July 22, 2014, 03:30:26 PM »
That's looking really great!

Now I'm picturing a montage of misspent goblin youth with this as background music:

« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 03:35:24 PM by FramFramson »

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #1937 on: July 22, 2014, 03:37:57 PM »
Looking forward to seeing this area progress as it certainly has the potential to be a seriously dodgy-looking area full of miscreants.
 8)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1938 on: July 22, 2014, 03:45:33 PM »
That's looking really great!

Now I'm picturing a montage of misspent goblin youth with this as background music:

Thanks, Fram...glad you like it.
The "in the Ghetto" is all Elvis' fault. Every time I start working on this board, his song In the Ghetto starts playing through my head. It could be worse; when I was doing the Spooky Woods I got Teddy Bears Picnic.

Looking forward to seeing this area progress as it certainly has the potential to be a seriously dodgy-looking area full of miscreants.
 8)

Thanks, Paul. This does have some TRULY sleazy potential...it's like going home.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 06:05:19 PM by DeafNala »

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #1939 on: July 22, 2014, 06:08:06 PM »
This looks terrific!!!  :o

See, it's terrain projects like this that got me to change my bases. I don't think a figure on a 30mm base could fit down those tight alleys, and I don't want my guys getting stuck in there. Who knows what might crawl out of those sewer grates.

I'm excited to see where this goes.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1940 on: July 22, 2014, 06:33:53 PM »
This looks terrific!!!  :o

Thanks, Michka...I'm glad you are enjoying The Project so far. I appreciate the feedback.

See, it's terrain projects like this that got me to change my bases. I don't think a figure on a 30mm base could fit down those tight alleys, and I don't want my guys getting stuck in there. Who knows what might crawl out of those sewer grates.

There are a few stretch that narrow down to 30mm. AND once all the clutter, debris, & slime is added the streets will get narrower & less attractive for a stroll. Along "the
 Great Minds" thingy, I was just thinking about what might be lurking in the sewer grates...something suitably disgusting to be sure.

I'm excited to see where this goes.

Same here. One of the benefits of an abject lack of planning is that The Project surprises me too. I hope it leads somewhere exciting...silly would do.

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #1941 on: July 23, 2014, 06:15:57 PM »
Very nice work on the industrial terrain, and I'm looking forward to seeing the Mordheim terrain square/board finsihed. :)
Kitbash Games' web-page: http://www.kitbashgames.co.uk/

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1942 on: July 23, 2014, 08:03:15 PM »
Very nice work on the industrial terrain, and I'm looking forward to seeing the Mordheim terrain square/board finsihed. :)

Thanks, leonmallett! I'm hoping to apply some of the things I learned from doing the industrial pieces to give the Mordheim & Mushroom Tower boards a steam punk feel...the punk effect was already operative.

I'm looking forward to seeing how these new pieces turn out also. While I often savor the creation, the completion has an undeniable attraction. AND I have ideas for some other pieces that I'd be wiser to put off until the ones I have started are done.

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #1943 on: July 24, 2014, 07:20:14 AM »
Thanks, leonmallett! I'm hoping to apply some of the things I learned from doing the industrial pieces to give the Mordheim & Mushroom Tower boards a steam punk feel...the punk effect was already operative.

I'm looking forward to seeing how these new pieces turn out also. While I often savor the creation, the completion has an undeniable attraction. AND I have ideas for some other pieces that I'd be wiser to put off until the ones I have started are done.

I can say there is a sense if achievement I get when stuff is completed; now if only that feeling exceeded the enjoyment of acquisition....

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1944 on: July 24, 2014, 12:56:02 PM »
I can say there is a sense if achievement I get when stuff is completed; now if only that feeling exceeded the enjoyment of acquisition....

I think that may be a universal feeling at gathering spots like L.A.F.. There are hordes of the Little Folk moaning for attention in my Vault of Pack Rattiness...paint! PAINT! PAINT! Not to mention all the insulation foam, sheet styrene, balsa...thanks for not mentioning it.
For health reasons a backlog of minis, kits, unfinished terrain is an essential. As long as there is a substantial amount of lead, plastic, foam, balsa, et al, continued well being is a virtual certainty. My Old Friend Skip only lasted a few day after the last of his Seven Years War minis was finished...sad but true.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 7/25/14 The Face above the door...
« Reply #1945 on: July 25, 2014, 06:06:14 PM »
I had a request for a How-To post from a Fellow on the Reaper Forum, SO, having given my word, here is a quick face run through...the face is supposed to look a bit like Puck from A Midsummer Night's Dream:

First I drilled two shallow holes above the door, painted the holes black to protect the foam, &, once dry, glued in two beads for eye...they're looking down:

I then added a cone of Green Stuff between the eyes for the eyelids, nose, upper lip, & teeth:

next a ball of Green Stuff for the chin & lower lip:

then two balls for the cheeks & the outer edges of the eye sockets:

a couple of cones for the pointy ears & sideburns, a ball flanked by two cones for some spike hair:

AND voila; done:

A couple of shots to show how he looks in his present surroundings:

There you go; now you can add little touches to creep out your friends & loved ones...or not.

Offline Sir Barnaby Hammond-Rye

• Mastermind
    • The Tekumel Project
« Reply #1946 on: July 25, 2014, 06:31:12 PM »
Amazingly Brilliant!  :-*

You make it seem so simple!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #1947 on: July 25, 2014, 07:26:03 PM »
Amazingly Brilliant!  :-*

You make it seem so simple!

Thanks for the kind reply, Sir B.! I was hoping it would prove understandable & useful...I'm delighted you liked it.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #1948 on: July 25, 2014, 09:16:20 PM »
This is where we start to go from "generic slum" to "DeafNala Slum"!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #1949 on: July 25, 2014, 09:23:33 PM »
Excellent tutorial, mate.
I think we will be seeing a few similar faces appearing soon.
 8)