Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:16:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 04/25/24 Mushroom & Mini-Me Mushroom Done!  (Read 1167349 times)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 9/26/14 Some New Mushrooms for the Hood
« Reply #2070 on: September 29, 2014, 12:48:31 PM »
Do this do this do this

I'm looking into the violin; I'd rather not use the lute I have...lute players are SO untrustworthy.

I finally got caught up on this thread and  :o WOW! The lusty ladies on their stroll blew me away! Their colors and characters, especially up against the warm walls, are eye-popping.

I love the idea and ambition of these storied boards.

Anxiously awaiting more,
Jevenkah

Thanks for the kind reply, Jevenkah...it's nice having you back. After all the Fast Flo flyers I've tacked up everywhere, I thought that having some of her Girls touring the neighborhood would be fun. The Bronze Age Girls certain are suited to their calling...glad you liked them.

A couplre of the Sisters of our Lady of the Gooey Death have also been seen wandering the area:

Sister Mary Margaret & Sister Agnes Calamari are a couple of the OH-SO-COOL Strange Aeons figure our own Mason sent moi.

I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Varangian

• Scientist
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 9/26/14Sisters of the Gooey Death a la Mason
« Reply #2071 on: September 29, 2014, 02:28:35 PM »
NICE addition. The quirkiness of your project always blows me away.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 9/26/14Sisters of the Gooey Death a la Mason
« Reply #2072 on: September 29, 2014, 02:49:20 PM »
NICE addition. The quirkiness of your project always blows me away.

Thanks, Varangian. The positive reactions I've gotten to my posts have been a major motivating factor with The Beasty. I found it to be a liberating experience far different from my earlier gaming projects. I've been checking out some of the skirmish rules; SO a solo game report may or may not happen sometime or other.

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
« Reply #2073 on: September 29, 2014, 02:56:38 PM »
Gooey indeed! The whole board looks damp, like the fog just cleared a little.

Is the mildew on the cobblestones paint or other material?

Jevenkah

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2074 on: September 29, 2014, 03:16:09 PM »
Gooey indeed! The whole board looks damp, like the fog just cleared a little.

Is the mildew on the cobblestones paint or other material?

Jevenkah

Thanks again, Jevenkah. That was the feel I was going for. The colors on the board got a little bleached out in the photos; they are a bit darker, but you get the general idea. I wanted the sunken cobblestones/paving stones to be slimy, unhealthy looking puddles. I just did them in a sickly green brown highlighting to a ghastly yellow (the NJ Swamp by the Holland Tunnel sans the aroma was my inspiration) & painted on a gloss finish...Americana Triple Thick Glaze. I did the same thing with the swamp water by the Witches' digs.

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #2075 on: September 29, 2014, 03:27:41 PM »
Sister Calamari  lol I bet she as somehing to do with the tentacles  ::)
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 9/26/14 Some New Mushrooms for the Hood
« Reply #2076 on: September 29, 2014, 03:48:24 PM »
Sister Mary Margaret & Sister Agnes Calamari are a couple of the OH-SO-COOL Strange Aeons figure our own Mason sent moi.

lol lol lol
I should have guessed you would call them something suitably wacky.

Love 'em!
 :-* :-*

Thanks, Al, that has certainly brightened my day.
 :D

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #2077 on: September 29, 2014, 04:28:35 PM »
Thanks again, Jevenkah. That was the feel I was going for. The colors on the board got a little bleached out in the photos; they are a bit darker, but you get the general idea. I wanted the sunken cobblestones/paving stones to be slimy, unhealthy looking puddles. I just did them in a sickly green brown highlighting to a ghastly yellow (the NJ Swamp by the Holland Tunnel sans the aroma was my inspiration) & painted on a gloss finish...Americana Triple Thick Glaze. I did the same thing with the swamp water by the Witches' digs.

I have a running gag that New Jersey license plates are actually a depiction of New Jersey air.

lol lol lol

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2078 on: September 29, 2014, 05:26:07 PM »
Sister Calamari  lol I bet she as somehing to do with the tentacles  ::)

Maybe I should make that building sporting the Basement Creature into a Chapter Cloister for the Good(?) Sisters. Thanks for the reply & the idea, LordOdo!

lol lol lol
I should have guessed you would call them something suitably wacky.

Love 'em!
 :-* :-*

Thanks, Al, that has certainly brightened my day.
 :D

Thanks, Paul...always glad to give you a chuckle. Sister Mary Margaret was a guiding light of sorts in our Anne O'Leary's formative years; she asked me to name the mini in her honor...I was surprised she didn't opt for the tentacle one. Sister Agnes Calamari's name just seemed obvious to moi.
The minis really were a delight to paint. I wish the photos showed them as they really are.

I have a running gag that New Jersey license plates are actually a depiction of New Jersey air.

lol lol lol

The color does seem about right, although by The Swamp it has a life all its own. Sixty years after the first experience, its unique aroma still lingers...it may account for the stranger aspects of my persona.
That squiggly interpretation of the state contours always reminded me of something left behind by a large dog.

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #2079 on: September 29, 2014, 09:19:25 PM »
lol lol lol that sister calamari tickles my funny bone. Nicely painted too sir. If you need some priestly chap from the salvation army, perhaps admiral ackbar could work? It's a trap! Some of masons hybrids or something would be rather good.

A basement level basement does sound good, the secrets of the gooey order: violin practice :D
Cheers
Matt

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2080 on: September 29, 2014, 09:34:32 PM »
lol lol lol that sister calamari tickles my funny bone. Nicely painted too sir. If you need some priestly chap from the salvation army, perhaps admiral ackbar could work? It's a trap! Some of masons hybrids or something would be rather good.

A basement level basement does sound good, the secrets of the gooey order: violin practice :D
Cheers
Matt

Thanks, Constable Bertrand. I'm glad your enjoying the ongoing comedy routine...I can imagine someone taking this serious & running screaming into the night.
Paul also contribute some Spooky Guys:

AND a trio of Fishy Fishermen:

These Guys will probably end up in the Smugglers' Cove

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #2081 on: September 30, 2014, 07:28:06 AM »
Lovely additions. You attention to detail in all that you do is inspiring!

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2082 on: September 30, 2014, 09:26:40 AM »
This is simply brilliant!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2083 on: September 30, 2014, 12:12:58 PM »
Lovely additions. You attention to detail in all that you do is inspiring!

Thanks, Brummie. I really enjoy the details; re, they make the place more interesting & add a sense of discovery when noticed for the first time. It's good to know this appeals to you also.

This is simply brilliant!

Thanks for the kind reply, Dr. Zombie. Compliments are SO motivating!

Offline warburton

• Mastermind
    • Classic40K painting blog
« Reply #2084 on: September 30, 2014, 12:14:04 PM »
Nice work.  8) 8)