Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:13:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 04/25/24 Mushroom & Mini-Me Mushroom Done!  (Read 1167328 times)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 10/09/14 Cloning the Mushrooms
« Reply #2100 on: October 10, 2014, 11:36:10 PM »
Those mushroom sculpts are terrific! You know I love your painting style, but I'm interested in seeing what others can do with these manic little monsters.

Thanks, Michka! I'm flattered you like my painting style, but I would like to see what other Folk can do with the Fungus Fellow also. There are a lot of painters more talented than moi.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 10/12/14 Things are sprouting up all over...
« Reply #2101 on: October 12, 2014, 01:45:58 PM »
AND COMING SOON TO INFEST A NEIGHBORHOOD NEAR YOU...

it isn't much of an up date, but you take what you can get. The Witchroom may see additional variations...or not.

Offline affun

• Mad Scientist
    • North of Nowhere [Under construction]
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 10/12/14 Things are sprouting up all over...
« Reply #2102 on: October 12, 2014, 02:36:03 PM »
I'll definitely be on the lookout for a sample of these, if at all practical.
They seem like they would be quite fun to turn a brush to.

Every time I wander into this blog, something amazing has been built. It is a truly monumental and inspirational entity by now! Great stuff

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2103 on: October 12, 2014, 03:10:43 PM »
I'll definitely be on the lookout for a sample of these, if at all practical.
They seem like they would be quite fun to turn a brush to.

Every time I wander into this blog, something amazing has been built. It is a truly monumental and inspirational entity by now! Great stuff

Thanks, affun. I found the Mushrooms to be enjoyable to paint myself. One way or the other we'll have to get you some to try.
The Thread has become a Blog of quite some size. It's been a pleasure adding to it & receiving the support of the fine Folk here on L.A.F.. AND there still is no end in sight...at least not one I'd care to think about.

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #2104 on: October 12, 2014, 08:32:20 PM »
Oh no, the giant squid-room!

Looking good deafnala!

Cheers
matt

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2105 on: October 12, 2014, 09:53:22 PM »
Oh no, the giant squid-room!

Looking good deafnala!

Cheers
matt

Thanks, matt. Actually I hadn't thought of using the tentacles with the Witchroom, but, now that you mentioned it, that would be evil.

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #2106 on: October 13, 2014, 07:08:53 AM »
It certainly would. I imagine spore infested waters giving birth to kraken sized squid-rooms, and I don't see it needs to stop there. Why not spidrooms, eight legged forest dwelling beasties, even the goblins may be too scared of them to ride them. ;)  ;D

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #2107 on: October 13, 2014, 09:12:20 AM »
I've been following this thread off and on since it started, and it keeps getting better and better! I might have to try my hand at sculpting some mushrooms now.

I'm feeling dangerously tempted into doing "just a little bit" of fantasy scenery in this sort of vein, and that's a dangerous temptation with the number of other projects I've got ongoing or planned...

;D

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2108 on: October 13, 2014, 12:40:46 PM »
It certainly would. I imagine spore infested waters giving birth to kraken sized squid-rooms, and I don't see it needs to stop there. Why not spidrooms, eight legged forest dwelling beasties, even the goblins may be too scared of them to ride them. ;)  ;D

It's nice to know that someone besides moi gets carried away with things. I like the Spiderooms idea; it seems doable...actually doing more with appendages is something I've been thinking of...then there are the Pumpkin Guys I was thinking of for Halloween...ad infinitum.

I've been following this thread off and on since it started, and it keeps getting better and better! I might have to try my hand at sculpting some mushrooms now.

I'm feeling dangerously tempted into doing "just a little bit" of fantasy scenery in this sort of vein, and that's a dangerous temptation with the number of other projects I've got ongoing or planned...

;D

Thanks, Wirelizard. Do try the sculpting; re, it is liberating & a helluva a lot of fun. I think I have a "how to" on the Mushrooms somewhere in the thread & a faces one more recently if you need some guide to it all.
Way back when, I started painting Fantasy figures for my D&D/AD&D games simply because I was assured "you only need a few"...thousands of minis later I'm still at it. The scenery has an even longer history, predating the Fantasy by a good 14 or so years. Oh well it may not be time well spent, but it has been extremely enjoyable; SO go with whatever is the most fun; at least you'll have memories that make you smile.

Offline Garanhir

• Scientist
« Reply #2109 on: October 14, 2014, 08:35:56 PM »
I think enjoying life is possibly the most worthwhile thing one can do with it.

And the project has spread sunshine into a great many lives to boot. Jaundiced, eerie sunshine perhaps, but sunshine nevertheless. Thank you for letting us visit your world, and thanks for letting us back out again, more or less intact!
A life without festivity is a long road without an inn.
-Democritus

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2110 on: October 14, 2014, 09:04:18 PM »
I think enjoying life is possibly the most worthwhile thing one can do with it.

Should some Celestial Being ever appear before me & ask how I spent my life I 'd like to answer "being happy"...I might add"what's it to you, Bub?".

And the project has spread sunshine into a great many lives to boot. Jaundiced, eerie sunshine perhaps, but sunshine nevertheless. Thank you for letting us visit your world, and thanks for letting us back out again, more or less intact!

That may very well be that nicest thing anyone has ever said to moi...thanks. You are more than welcome to drop in whenever you are in the neighborhood. I hope you find it an entertaining little retreat from Cruel Reality; a place where you don't have to wipe your feet before entering.

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2111 on: October 16, 2014, 05:51:34 AM »
I would definitely buy some of these when they get cast.  They'll go well with my dungeons in D&D
This is my boomstick!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2112 on: October 16, 2014, 12:53:42 PM »
I would definitely buy some of these when they get cast.  They'll go well with my dungeons in D&D

That would be cool. Doomsdave. I'll keep you updated as things develop. The last I heard he had the pieces set up to make the molds.

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2113 on: October 17, 2014, 03:07:21 AM »
That would be cool. Doomsdave. I'll keep you updated as things develop. The last I heard he had the pieces set up to make the molds.

Sweet.  I'm in.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2114 on: October 17, 2014, 12:53:15 PM »
Sweet.  I'm in.

Scott aka Dontfear made the mold for the regular, faceless mushrooms & ran of the first batch of resin castings. He was pretty pleased with the results. The ones with faces are ready for casting...the suspense builds.