Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:59:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691075
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 719
Total: 725

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 04/25/24 Mushroom & Mini-Me Mushroom Done!  (Read 1168680 times)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 10/23/14 Some Upward Development
« Reply #2130 on: October 24, 2014, 10:39:58 PM »
8)

Looking good mate.

I just had a cunning plan, what if there was a tentacle beastie elevator service? You stand below, shout his name and what floor you want - and up you go. Just make sure you pay your fare afterwards or you may not get far ;)  ;D it could look a little like a warehouse, open doors on the floors with the 'hoist' on the top of the building. ;D

Or!

A rapunzel-monster where you can climb up the tentacles. Or a thick well placed beanstalk could do similar.  ;D

o_o o_o o_o
What a warped imagination you have, Bertie!

I think that you had better send me your address again, as the last one did not contain your Cell number, or the name of your Doctor.... ::)
 :D

Thanks, Constable Bertrand...you mind if I call you Bertie also? This does seem to be The Place for ideas of the more imaginative sort aka NUTS!. Actually the Creeping Rapunzel Thingy from HELL! sounds like an idea worth trying; i.e., a broken, twisted (twisted is my thing) really tall tower entwined in a thorny rose vine  with the flowers having faces similar to my Mushrooms.

When you get the cell #, Paul, let me know; I might be able to get an adjoining rubber room.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #2131 on: October 25, 2014, 07:58:09 AM »
:D lol lol lol lol

When I look at your work DeafNala I find myself coming up with crazy additions. The nice thing about your work is that it is so far out the box already (I'm not able to go there by myself) that anything seems possible in your strange little world. So much so you may as well go to extremes ;)

o_o o_o o_o
What a warped imagination you have, Bertie!

I think that you had better send me your address again, as the last one did not contain your Cell number, or the name of your Doctor.... ::)
 :D

I'm allowed out on home stays. :D as long as I have my regular check up you see. lol

Thanks, Constable Bertrand...you mind if I call you Bertie also? This does seem to be The Place for ideas of the more imaginative sort aka NUTS!. Actually the Creeping Rapunzel Thingy from HELL! sounds like an idea worth trying; i.e., a broken, twisted (twisted is my thing) really tall tower entwined in a thorny rose vine  with the flowers having faces similar to my Mushrooms.

Sure DeafNala. I thought this place was one of those where people gave you nicknames whether you liked it or not. ;)

Go for it! A beautiful beastie at the top that doesn't need saving but does need foolish brave knights to devour. I hope you do a wearhouse too!!!

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 10/23/14 Some Upward Development
« Reply #2132 on: October 25, 2014, 09:06:23 AM »
Talking about "Beasty", watched 'Maleficient' last night. Thought of this thread.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2133 on: October 25, 2014, 02:22:01 PM »
When I look at your work DeafNala I find myself coming up with crazy additions. The nice thing about your work is that it is so far out the box already (I'm not able to go there by myself) that anything seems possible in your strange little world. So much so you may as well go to extremes ;)

It is one of those unintended serendipitous things that my strange little creations seem to get other Folks imaginations whirring. I consider this a major, if accidental, accomplishment. As a consequence, I do get some splendid suggestions, quite a few of which I then do take offs on..giving credit where it's due. AND getting carried away with things is one of my character flaws ...one I reallly enjoy.

Go for it! A beautiful beastie at the top that doesn't need saving but does need foolish brave knights to devour. I hope you do a wearhouse too!!!

I like the Lovely Man Eater in the Tower idea; this will definitely be one of those add on boards with which I'm already tinkering. As far as Houses of Disrepute go, I do have plans for Fast Flo's...some of her numerous Nieces are conducting Tours of Interest through the Hood already.

Talking about "Beasty", watched 'Maleficient' last night. Thought of this thread.

I had to look up Maleficient...I'm SO out of it. The Evil Faerie Queen...aren't they all?...looks wonderfully like one of the possible minis for my Snow White the Crime Lord (Lady) idea. Funny how these Great Mind thingies keep popping up.

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #2134 on: October 25, 2014, 05:14:39 PM »
Great work on the mushroom stnad and the impending castings, but I *love* the wonky house! :)
Kitbash Games' web-page: http://www.kitbashgames.co.uk/

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #2135 on: October 25, 2014, 06:18:47 PM »
IThe Evil Faerie Queen...aren't they all?.

Edmund Spenser might not agree.  Not if he wanted to keep royal favour, anyway.
Back from the dead, almost.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2136 on: October 25, 2014, 06:43:29 PM »
Great work on the mushroom stnad and the impending castings, but I *love* the wonky house! :)

Thanks for the kind reply, leonmallett! I have a feeling the remaining tenements may be even wonkier...stay tuned for developments.

Edmund Spenser might not agree.  Not if he wanted to keep royal favour, anyway.

Edmund might have considered keeping his head a priority also. It's been a long time since I read The Faerie Queene...a reread might be in order.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #2137 on: October 25, 2014, 06:54:29 PM »
Have you ever thought about having a tower that is starting to come to life on its own?

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2138 on: October 25, 2014, 09:10:04 PM »
Have you ever thought about having a tower that is starting to come to life on its own?

That's a new idea, one that has possibilities. The buildings with the faces are my way of doing the Haunted House thing; the faces being the Spirits of Folk formerly associated with The House  & now part of it. A tower as a living, sentient entity would be cool...might give new meaning to the "chewing on the scenery" expression.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #2139 on: October 26, 2014, 01:24:19 AM »
Well, you have plenty of other living scenery, so it would be in the same vein.  :D

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2140 on: October 26, 2014, 02:44:04 AM »
Well, you have plenty of other living scenery, so it would be in the same vein.  :D

True. AND I've got some ideas how I can do the Tower & an Evil Rapunzel; this could be OH-SO-COOL...or not.

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
« Reply #2141 on: October 27, 2014, 04:01:27 PM »
A possessed painting is in the works also...not to mention a face on the upper floor door for Jevenkah.

I get a face? Way cool! Just what you'll need to keep the beastie bellhop away.

Jevenkah

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2142 on: October 27, 2014, 06:20:18 PM »
I get a face? Way cool! Just what you'll need to keep the beastie bellhop away.

Jevenkah

You do get credit for an excellent idea. Thinking of a bellhop in this neighborhood, I keep coming up with Ted Cassidy, Lurch for The Addams Family.

...anyone less intimidating would be eaten by the pictures.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 10/27/14 Floedebolle Paintings
« Reply #2143 on: October 27, 2014, 08:33:28 PM »
Way back when floedebolle aka Ben sent me the infamous apple core mold, he included a few VERY COOL picture frames. To decorate the first of the twisted buildings I added another frame & pictures(?) for each. Here they are in their primed state:

Once more your kind comments would be most welcome...thank you Art Lovers.

Offline Mo!

• Mastermind
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 10/27/14 Floedebolle Paintings
« Reply #2144 on: October 27, 2014, 08:46:37 PM »
Awesome stuff friend!
Be mindful of the prayers you send
Pray hard but pray with care
For the tears that you are crying now
Are just your answered prayers