Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:54:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691075
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 691
Total: 697

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 04/25/24 Mushroom & Mini-Me Mushroom Done!  (Read 1168664 times)

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 11/07/14 Things Are Looking Up...sort of.
« Reply #2175 on: November 07, 2014, 07:09:38 PM »
By the way, I know it's not really close to the more urban feel of this board, but I found a photo you (and others) might appreciate:

It's a gnome forest. Growing on a large branch of a douglas fir... forty feet off the ground.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2176 on: November 07, 2014, 09:22:37 PM »
Wonderful shapes! The details that intrigues me the most are the doors. The hatch wheels (I have no idea what the proper term is) make one question just what kind of creature needs security like that 80 feet above the ground!

An ambitious and entertaining addition to your fantastic world.
Jevenkah

Thanks, Jevenkah. I haven't any idea what you'd call the door mechanism either. When I started the Urban Blight Board, I wanted it to have a steam punk feel to it. The hatch mechanisms I used for Dr. J's Sci Fi stuff seemed right with some gears to complete the look. It actually is prettyy easy to arrange the little gears to give the impression that they actually work...anyway I'm enjoying it all.

God's holy trousers... is that your tallest building yet?  :-*

Thanks, Fram. It's pretty close. I have a couple I've done that top 30". This one is just a tad under 27" as it is now. The chimney might just push it over the top...going over the top seems to be another of my things.

How strong is it at the narrowest point (above the stone base)? Do you have some sort of reinforcement there?

Despite its lightness the fan foam I've been using is really quite strong. My innate clumsiness has tested it severely.

What sort of question is that? This is a high-security facility, is it not? Of course the chimney needs a lookout stationed!  lol

I was thinking of getting a couple of the Aegypt Ibis headed miniatures & doing a bit of converting to make Stork Men...I figured it would freak Folk out, which is always fun.

:o Oh my fluffy Buddha, you have completely lost your mind!
That is magnificent. Brilliant in the extreme. My sleep deprived brain has run dry of over-the-top exaltation about how cool that piece is.
Thank you for this. You made my day.

Thanks, Michka. I am delighted you like it...your comment made my day also. I guess I've always been nuts; it is just more noticeable of late.

By the way, I know it's not really close to the more urban feel of this board, but I found a photo you (and others) might appreciate:

It's a gnome forest. Growing on a large branch of a douglas fir... forty feet off the ground.

OOH; THAT IS SO COOL! That does give me some ideas for the surrounding countryside. Thanks for the photo; inspiration is always welcome!
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #2177 on: November 07, 2014, 09:35:04 PM »
Love Evil Rapunzel's tower as well as the possessed picture frames. :)

Great stuff all around. Keep it up sir. :)
Kitbash Games' web-page: http://www.kitbashgames.co.uk/

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #2178 on: November 07, 2014, 10:10:15 PM »
Muhahahaha. What a lair you have constructed DeafNala. A true wonder of the miniature world.

You certainly need a stork's nest on top, I think that will set it off nicely. I wonder if your tower will need a pile of looted armour and travelers gear somewhere? I can imagine the rapunsels victims stuff gets placed somewhere, perhaps she entices her victims through the 'girl needs rescuing' myth (spread through paid informants) and for the more pack mule like adventurers - a treasure trove of loot and armour to scavenge. Which suitably distracts the character long enough for rapunsel to grab a leg of her next victim. Muhahaha.

I like the stone mushroom like base to the tower. He looks not to happy about being built up so high.

:D
Matt.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2179 on: November 07, 2014, 10:26:40 PM »
Love Evil Rapunzel's tower as well as the possessed picture frames. :)

Great stuff all around. Keep it up sir. :)

Thanks for the kind reply, leonmallett! I'm glad you are enjoy the latest stuff. I will most definitely keep at it...it's my thing...so to speak.

Muhahahaha. What a lair you have constructed DeafNala. A true wonder of the miniature world.

You certainly need a stork's nest on top, I think that will set it off nicely. I wonder if your tower will need a pile of looted armour and travelers gear somewhere? I can imagine the rapunsels victims stuff gets placed somewhere, perhaps she entices her victims through the 'girl needs rescuing' myth (spread through paid informants) and for the more pack mule like adventurers - a treasure trove of loot and armour to scavenge. Which suitably distracts the character long enough for rapunsel to grab a leg of her next victim. Muhahaha.

I like the stone mushroom like base to the tower. He looks not to happy about being built up so high.

:D
Matt.

Thanks for the feedback & ideas, Matt. I could add a Rapunzel's Used Weapons & Armor Shop. Thinking about it; there is a lot of potential in twisting the Fairy Tales...I could put the Sin in Cinderella.
The Mushroom looks like he has a severe headache or indigestion...I don' want to think about the possible cause of "indigestion" though.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #2180 on: November 07, 2014, 10:33:22 PM »
I was thinking of getting a couple of the Aegypt Ibis headed miniatures & doing a bit of converting to make Stork Men...I figured it would freak Folk out, which is always fun

I like this idea quite a bit. I also like the "used armour" shop and the implications therein. lol

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2181 on: November 07, 2014, 10:57:39 PM »
I like this idea quite a bit. I also like the "used armour" shop and the implications therein. lol

I think the Ibis fellows have possibilities if I can only figure out the online shop address. Th shop could be cool. I could add it to the edge of the base..."Swords: never used; dropped once."

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 11/12/14 All Around The Tower
« Reply #2182 on: November 12, 2014, 04:10:52 PM »
Well I have lots of photos of the small progress I've made. SO I'll let the photos do the talking:

Here's the Twisted Tower of Rapunzel as it stands...defying gravity & logic...now:

...with some close ups of the chimney replete with Stork's nest:

...AND the doors, with & without faces, going from top to bottom:

Anyone peeking into the barred windows will get an eyeful of these spooks; left bottom, right bottom & top:

Painting & some additional details (the braid is underway) will be next along with some work on the base...Rapunzel's Used Weapons & Armor Shop to be added. In the interim you could make an Old Man happy with a kind word or two.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
« Reply #2183 on: November 12, 2014, 05:25:01 PM »
A splendiferous monstrosity! Love those nightmare windows!

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2184 on: November 12, 2014, 05:43:35 PM »
A splendiferous monstrosity! Love those nightmare windows!

Thanks, Fram...glad you like the latest! I think the windows will paint up into something cool. I'll take a couple of finished shot before I mount them in the windows; re, I have a feeling they wouldn't show up well in photos once they're behind bars.

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2185 on: November 12, 2014, 06:16:16 PM »
Magnificent tower, it will look great looming over rest of the town  :-*

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2186 on: November 12, 2014, 07:19:29 PM »
Magnificent tower, it will look great looming over rest of the town  :-*

Thanks, pocoloco! At the moment it is looming over the Town...AND gloating about it. The Town, however, will, hopefully, start catching up.

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #2187 on: November 12, 2014, 07:19:56 PM »
Love that tower; tons of scenic character. :)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2188 on: November 12, 2014, 09:02:25 PM »
Love that tower; tons of scenic character. :)

Thanks, leonmallet. I'm glad you like it.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #2189 on: November 12, 2014, 09:16:17 PM »
Absolutely stark, raving mad (in the best possible sense, of course).
 :o :o

Love it!
 :-*

(Now please refrain from making me look at any more pictures of this particular build, as I have always wanted to build a massive clock tower for my own ruined town, and this is not helping! ;))