Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:40:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Re: The Last Hurrah Project: 04/25/24 Mushroom & Mini-Me Mushroom Done!  (Read 1168033 times)

Offline LordBrentlake

• Bookworm
Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 07/16/15: Town & Country Guys Added
« Reply #2745 on: July 16, 2015, 04:51:30 PM »
Love the Pingo Tree! I think that it should suddenly appear at the bottom of someone's garden one morning.

As for the birds; they look like crosses between a kingfisher, a puffin and vulture - King Vulfins??

More! More!

Offline Schrumpfkopf

• Mad Scientist
    • Westfalia Miniatures
« Reply #2746 on: July 16, 2015, 05:40:10 PM »
good lord.

this thread is so full of miniature glory, i don't even know where to start with praise... i peronally like the steep windo frames and all the minis and really everything else.

pure joy.
westfaliaminiatures.com - proper stuff in 28mm

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2747 on: July 16, 2015, 05:45:22 PM »
Love the Pingo Tree! I think that it should suddenly appear at the bottom of someone's garden one morning.

As for the birds; they look like crosses between a kingfisher, a puffin and vulture - King Vulfins??

More! More!

Thanks, LordB. Popping into existence is someones garden is a VERY COOL idea...WELL DONE!
AND they are a type of King Fisher; SO, unless someone hits the exact type, you are the winner...actually that's close enough (I'll let you know the exact type later). I feel relieved that I made them look correct.

good lord.

this thread is so full of miniature glory, i don't even know where to start with praise... i peronally like the steep windo frames and all the minis and really everything else.

pure joy.

Thanks for the kind reply, Schrumpkopf! If you are enjoying the stuff, that is praise enough for moi.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #2748 on: July 16, 2015, 06:43:39 PM »
These latest two are excellent. The country fellow seems positively stoic, while the Mayor is suitably horrifying.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2749 on: July 16, 2015, 08:02:47 PM »
These latest two are excellent. The country fellow seems positively stoic, while the Mayor is suitably horrifying.

Thanks, Fram. Now that you mention it, the Half Orc does have the sort of stoic look one associates with Native Americans, particularly of the Cigar Store variety. I figure it's partially all the feathers both separate & still attached to the birds. The birds I was trying for, by the way, is the Kookaburra:

...merry, merry King of the Bushes, he. Laugh Kookaburra, laugh Kookaburra; gay your life must be. Considering the Kookaburra's raucous laugh, deafness might also play into the look.

The Mayor's hat reminded me of the Mayor from The Nightmare Before Christmas, although much smaller. The deranged smile fits with my perception of American Politicos.

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #2750 on: July 16, 2015, 10:33:05 PM »
The mayor looks suitably evil, I wouldn't trust him with new development proposals for goblin town. ;)

A kookaburra?! I was thinking that when I saw it but thought the sculpt was a little off at the back of the head, and thought, nah, he isn't going to have an Aussie bird. But krikey, there she is. I hope the little beggers don't steal the sausages out of your lunch - they like to do that around these parts. Especially unspecting punters having a BBQ in the park gesticulating wildly, or slow and unnatentive children. ;)

They look fantastic DeafNala.

Cheers
Matt

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 07/16/15: Town & Country Guys Added
« Reply #2751 on: July 16, 2015, 10:47:34 PM »
The Mayor's hat reminded me of the Mayor from The Nightmare Before Christmas, although much smaller. The deranged smile fits with my perception of American Politicos.

Exactly what I was thinking, love them both and the little laughers.

Matt - could you be any more Aussie?
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2752 on: July 16, 2015, 11:16:57 PM »
The mayor looks suitably evil, I wouldn't trust him with new development proposals for goblin town. ;)

A kookaburra?! I was thinking that when I saw it but thought the sculpt was a little off at the back of the head, and thought, nah, he isn't going to have an Aussie bird. But krikey, there she is. I hope the little beggers don't steal the sausages out of your lunch - they like to do that around these parts. Especially unspecting punters having a BBQ in the park gesticulating wildly, or slow and unnatentive children. ;)

They look fantastic DeafNala.

Cheers
Matt

Thanks, Matt. I can always count on you for a kind word.

The Mayor I think will be destined for a life of crime in The Blight probably as the minion of some vile Gangland organization type...just like a real politician.

The Kookaburras were the characters in a song I sang as a boy long ago. I looked them up back then & decided from their roguish ways that Australians were cool...I almost migrated there back in the early 70's. If I hadn't been talked out of it, we could be neighbors.

Exactly what I was thinking, love them both and the little laughers.

Matt - could you be any more Aussie?

Thanks, von Lucky...you are another stalwart supporter of The Project.

Over here Foster's had a series of commercials on how to speak Australian. One had a big, burly footballer place a band aid on the back of his shaved head = Australian for helmet.

Offline Thew1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Librarian
« Reply #2753 on: July 17, 2015, 12:08:37 AM »
Strewth deafnala, you little ripper! The kookaburras, mayor et al are real beauties. A very appropriate post given the Aussie performance at the cricket at Lord's today  ::) great stuff as always.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2754 on: July 17, 2015, 12:44:26 AM »
Strewth deafnala, you little ripper! The kookaburras, mayor et al are real beauties. A very appropriate post given the Aussie performance at the cricket at Lord's today  ::) great stuff as always.

Thanks for the reply, Thew1...the motivation is appreciated!

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #2755 on: July 17, 2015, 04:11:31 AM »
Quote from: DeafNala
Thanks, Matt. I can always count on you for a kind word.

Oh you are a charmer  8)

The Mayor I think will be destined for a life of crime in The Blight probably as the minion of some vile Gangland organization type...just like a real politician.

Oh good. he can oversee the "hotels" and "local distribution" of alcohol - nice and fair like  lol

The Kookaburras were the characters in a song I sang as a boy long ago. I looked them up back then & decided from their roguish ways that Australians were cool...I almost migrated there back in the early 70's. If I hadn't been talked out of it, we could be neighbours.

Oh that would have been fun, I'd come across and have many a game on your amazing table, and throw the kookies a few snags off the BBQ.

The saddest looking kookaburra I have ever seen was in Osaka zoo, :( the poor thing. I tried but failed at getting him to laugh.

Cheers
Matt

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2756 on: July 17, 2015, 03:07:46 PM »
Thus far the only Kookaburras I've seen are in films. They do look merry in the wild.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: Re: The Last Hurrah Project:Updated 07/16/15: Town & Country Guys Added
« Reply #2757 on: July 17, 2015, 03:15:39 PM »
Until you see them with a small snake in their beak as they're smashing it against the tree branch they're perched on.

Heh. They are perfect for this project.

Offline leonmallett

• Mastermind
    • Kitbash Games
« Reply #2758 on: July 19, 2015, 01:14:26 PM »
Wow; I had not checked in to the thread for a while which left me 11 pages of excellence to work through Al! :)

Highlights among highlights for me:
- Mother Hubbard's Wandering Witchy Wares Emporium
- The Goblin Hovel
- The whole Long and Winding Road
- Town

Everything is excellent, but I like those the most. :)

Kudos Al. :)
Kitbash Games' web-page: http://www.kitbashgames.co.uk/

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #2759 on: July 19, 2015, 02:08:40 PM »
Until you see them with a small snake in their beak as they're smashing it against the tree branch they're perched on.

Heh. They are perfect for this project.

They do seem to be a good, noisy, rowdy fit for the place...those are sterling qualities in my book.

Wow; I had not checked in to the thread for a while which left me 11 pages of excellence to work through Al! :)

Highlights among highlights for me:
- Mother Hubbard's Wandering Witchy Wares Emporium
- The Goblin Hovel
- The whole Long and Winding Road
- Town

Everything is excellent, but I like those the most. :)

Kudos Al. :)

Thanks, leon...glad you liked the stuff enough to wade through eleven pages of it.
The Witchy Wagon & the Goblins Hovels are favorites with moi also. I'll be adding more hovels once I finish painting the Pingo Tree...probably sometime tomorrow.