Forum > Post-Apocalyptic Tales

Zombies for...... Yep, Zombie Apocalypse(Update 04.0311)

(1/3) > >>

Axebreaker:
Well, my zombie survivors need zombies to kill or it wouldn't be much of a zombie apocalypse now would it?   ;)

Since I  don't have much experience painting zombie flesh and blood I decided to first practice on a series of Hasselfree generic zombies and work out the bugs, before moving on to their character zombies.

These first two zombies I tried with a greenish tone to the skin, but see I need to add a bit more green as they look to "healthy", but not too much as I don't really like alien green zombies.On some other ones I'll try a bluish tone.Need to work the tones some more, but getting there.
The blood worked out not so bad for a first run and I'm hopeful I'll get the hang of it. Also, I only tried to add as much blood as the model required and not over do it.

Thanks for viewing!  :)

Christopher

Hawkeye:
Nice! The blood looks just right to me - a nice healthy red, with just enough splatter effect. Looks like a recent attack caused the turn, so skintones look ok to me. I'm strugging with this one too - how green should a zombie be?
Looking forward to more of these!

supervike:
Great splatter!

I find that, if you want a good zombie tone, that doesn't look too bad, is to paint the flesh as you normally would, then use either a greenish/blueish/purplish (your choice) wash, and thinly add a few layers.  I really like the effect.

I like your painting style.

Michi:
Wow, that shotgunned look makes them fierce, Christopher!

Axebreaker:
Thanks everyone! :)

Christopher

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version