Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:35:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690719
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 898
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Into the Heart of Africa Club Game  (Read 3082 times)

Offline Dr. Kevin Moon III esq.

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
Into the Heart of Africa Club Game
« on: February 15, 2011, 06:36:39 PM »
I thought I'd share a few pictures from our club game on Sunday morning.

We had a British camp defended by a White man, 14 Askari's and 6 Regulars who were waiting for relief from a gunboat carrying 6 soldiers, 6 Regulars and a machine gun, being attacked by Arab Slavers (12 Heavily-Armed Askari, 10 Swordsmen, 1 Scout and a ML Cannon) and Ruga Ruga (2 units of 12 Ruga-Ruga, 20 Spearmen, a Witch Doctor and an ML Cannon)

The game started well for the British with the gun boat destroying both the cannons (despite their 4+ save from shooting!) without reply. However a cheeky scout-led march from the swordsmen saw them clear out the regulars from the camp.

The Brits then looked to have the upper hand after an excellent volley from the askari behind the barricades causing 10 Casualties from 14 shots!

The Slavers then overran the camp

But the British relief destroyed the rest of the slavers. Leaving the game in a very bloody draw.

I really like these rules, they always provide an entertaining game, although they tend to be very bloody.

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Re: Into the Heart of Africa Club Game
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 06:50:08 PM »
Excellent stuff! Very simple and effective terrain. And really glad you are enjoying the rules.  :D

We just started a campaign with my local group trying out some potential map-based campaign rules.

The players have enjoyed them for their fast and bloody nature. We tend to play smaller games of 500 points or less and that means we can usually get 2 finished in a night.

We're running the campaign with 250 point forces which means most of the colonial forces are outnumbered almost 5 to 1 in models. The first two games were Naval Landing party vs. Jungle Cannibals and Lunda vs. Slavers. The Naval Landing party had about 9 models vs. about 40 Jungle Cannibals. It was not pretty, but the battle did come down to the wire.

In the second game, my Lunda outfought the slavers who were almost the same in numbers. Having my warriors reach close combat saved the gaqme for me.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 08:51:02 AM »
Looks like great fun. I always enjoy that game, though haven't played it in quite a while.

Got any close-ups of the figures in action?
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 06:04:01 PM »
Here's a quick shot from my painting desk of the Baluchi's, they still need a little bit of touching up (which is why they were to hand). I'll take some better pics later in the week if I can.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 06:28:02 PM »
Thanks. I suspected they were worth a closer look, and it turns out I was right. Always happy to see more of this type of thing, so please do post more pics if you have a mind to.  :)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 06:34:36 PM »
Those Baluchis are nice. I like using white for Africa games. It always tends to stand out well in the jungles.

Offline cram

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 06:56:35 PM »
Very nice paint jobs. you've done a fantastic job on those bases too! If you don't mind me asking, what colours did you use for the bases?

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 01:51:59 PM »
Lovely game!

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 06:28:37 PM »
Very nice paint jobs. you've done a fantastic job on those bases too! If you don't mind me asking, what colours did you use for the bases?

Not at all, The bases were first painted with Foundry Deep Brown Leather 45C, the Drybrushed with Base Sand B and C. I then glue on some static grass and some woodland scenics clump foliage (and occasionally some lichen).

Offline cram

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 09:03:37 PM »
Many thanks  :) One of the things I love about this forum is how happy everyone is to help and share.